The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the positive impact of a GD statement is long gone. He loves an angst ridden wronged Chairman spiel. I don’t think he wants to face up to the “you were happy to lap up the Rawlins stuff of you being the mastermind behind our unassailable lead in the league. What say you now Gary?

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

For me the stuff about ownership, academies and managers are a sideshow. We are where we are because of dreadful first team recruitment.

This time 5 years ago we had the basis of a good squad that competed with Hibs and Rangers. What we needed was a bit more quality and depth to push us on. 

Instead we’ve signed 93 players most of whom have been nowhere near enough. That’s why we are where we are. Until we fix our recruitment, it doesn’t matter what manager we appoint or who is on the BoD- we won’t be going anywhere as a club.

3 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I see Man Utd fans have got #NotAPennyMore trending. 

Time to join the bandwagon in relation to Falkirk FC?

We're Falkirk. We'll put the wrong wheels on, appoint 13 drivers and crash the wagon. 

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

@Shadwell Dogstill at least you are a much better team than Arbroath though eh? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

He’s very much on his own with that one. 

All the digs about big attendances/crowdwanks etc though, that’s a weird thing to have a go at. I mean, what a shitey home support must be in the top three chants at the opposition of all time so yeah, we’ll take the big crowd badge. 

By all means though, kick the team/management all day long.

36 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

@Shadwell Dogstill at least you are a much better team than Arbroath though eh? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

See I never at any stage said that I simply said that Arbroath weren't very good as they got beat by our reserve team and our first team is completely honking so that doesn't say much.That is a fact that can't be argued with but some folk seem to have got their knickers in a right twist over it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I see Man Utd fans have got #NotAPennyMore trending. 

Time to join the bandwagon in relation to Falkirk FC?

Can see the comparisons right enough. United second in the EPL and one foot in the Europa League final. Spending 90 million pounds on pogba and 80 million on a centrehalf etc . My heart bleeds for them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Must say I am surprised and disappointed that GD hasn’t made a statement today.

Unless, of course, they are coming up with something momentous straight out of left field.

Definitely strange?

What kind of a statement would you applaud? 

Apart from "We have fucked up in a spectacular fashion and we hereby tender our resignations" . 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's quite incredible. As said if we had done that I'd be up the town shopping on a Saturday from now on.  What a riddy.

Don’t know what vintage you are but I remember when Celtic pipped Hearts to the title on the final day in 1986 at Love Street, the Scotsport footage of the Saints and Celtic fans celebrating together when Albert Kidd scored for Dundee.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

What kind of a statement would you applaud? 

Apart from "We have fucked up in a spectacular fashion and we hereby tender our resignations" . 

I’d prefer “We have fucked up in a spectacular fashion but it’s the fans fault for not backing us”

There's not that many on the board. Only 8 as far as I could see.
Deans, Bateman, rawlinsx2, colburn, MacFarlane, kozary and Wright. Anyone else?

Bateman is Company Secretary not on the Board

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

See I never at any stage said that I simply said that Arbroath weren't very good as they got beat by our reserve team and our first team is completely honking so that doesn't say much.That is a fact that can't be argued with but some folk seem to have got their knickers in a right twist over it.

Perception counts for a lot. When we’re at our most honking worse, at our hour of desperation, you bring Arbroath into it 🤔