The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldn't go for Conte his European record is utterly dire.

Can get Conte in for the 5 year domestic plan then we'll let you choose who comes in for the 10 year global destruction?

The other issue that we have is that we've gone from a club that doesn't sack managers to perceived (rightly or wrongly) as one where you'll be out the door the minute the fans turn on you. I don't necessarily think we were wrong to get rid of any of the below when we did but it's hardly great reading from outside:

M and M- sacked after having us top all season

McKinnon- sacked 3 months into the season

Hartley- sacked after 3 league games

Houston- sacked after 7 league games (after overachieving the previous 2 seasons)

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

The other issue that we have is that we've gone from a club that doesn't sack managers to perceived (rightly or wrongly) as one where you'll be out the door the minute the fans turn on you. I don't necessarily think we were wrong to get rid of any of the below when we did but it's hardly great reading from outside:

Houston- sacked after 7 league games (after overachieving the previous 2 seasons)

How much of that is due to fan pressure?

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

M and M- sacked after having us top all season and falling off top spot and going into freefall 

McKinnon- sacked 3 months into the season after drawing with a struggling Dumbarton side

Hartley- sacked after 3 league games That team was woeful and had no chance to achieving anything

Houston- sacked after 7 league games (after overachieving the previous 2 seasons) players downed tools on him

All the above are reasons why they were sacked and pretty much valid in anyone's eyes the M&M one especially we may have been top all season but something happened in the background not to mention the least said about East fife and Airdrie games showed they cant turn a game.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I do think that as a club we would probably have punted Ian McCall if we were in Thistles position 10 games ago or so.

Not that i disagree with us sacking anyone on that list and if anything we sacked M&M and McKinnon way too late.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Houston and McKinnon I think, the M&M one is more down to the fact we were in freefall and couldn't turn games around so it was inevitable at any stage.  hartley sacking anyone could see there was no way that was getting turned round especially with Fasan in goals

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Once you lose the fans you never recover. 

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

M and M- sacked after having us top all season and falling off top spot and going into freefall 

McKinnon- sacked 3 months into the season after drawing with a struggling Dumbarton side

Hartley- sacked after 3 league games That team was woeful and had no chance to achieving anything

Houston- sacked after 7 league games (after overachieving the previous 2 seasons) players downed tools on him

All the above are reasons why they were sacked and pretty much valid in anyone's eyes the M&M one especially we may have been top all season but something happened in the background not to mention the least said about East fife and Airdrie games showed they cant turn a game.

I don't really disagree with any of them being sacked at the time but I don't think it looks great for any potential manager thinking about applying.

The only one I might query in hindsight is Mckinnon. The board clearly had no one in mind to replace him other than 2 rookies and he just might have ultimately got us over the line last season.

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don't really disagree with any of them being sacked at the time but I don't think it looks great for any potential manager thinking about applying.

The only one I might query in hindsight is Mckinnon. The board clearly had no one in mind to replace him other than 2 rookies and he just might have ultimately got us over the line last season.

The thing with McKinnon was we were trailing Raith in the league and if I recall correctly Mckinnons words were " if we were still in touching distance of Raith at Christmas it would be an achievement and on track" given he had the largest budget in the league we should have been strolling it but again that comes down to player recruitment and the right players.

I would probably feel more relieved if those trials we are having for a reserve team were an audition for a first team slot than some that we have had to endure.

Every single one of those sackings was deserved but any potential manager is going to look at that and think they'll just get punted if things aren't going well.

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Aye it's not so much the sacking of them that's the problem it's the somehow managing to recruit even worse to replace them that's by far the main problem.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Every single one of those sackings was deserved but any potential manager is going to look at that and think they'll just get punted if things aren't going well.

Surely that's the same for any job in football.

Guest Peter LaFleur

Does Deans only issue statements when it’s backslapping and applause time?

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

That has to be photoshopped surely?? 😂😂😂

It is real.

I said at the time if I ever saw that at TFS I would set fire to the place ( actually considered looking for the matches and petrol last night...)