The Falkirk FC Thread

Instead of wasting money on players who are deemed “too good for this level” ie Alston, Tidser etc etc put more money into the manager and make Derek McInnes an offer. I don’t think for a minute he’d consider it but all he can do is say no. 

Edited by CC52 FFC

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Instead of wasting money on players who are deemed “too good for this level” ie Alston, Tidser etc etc out more money into the manager and make Derek McInnes an offer. I don’t think for a minute he’d consider it but all he can do is say no. 

McIness is McKinnon x 9/11 x 1000, no one knows how tedious that brand of football would be. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Im not convinced theres a love in for anyone. Sort of the whole point is that there is no love in candidates. Theres the same old uninspiring names, theres complete unknown quantitites in terms of management in the Scottish lower leagues, and then theres a couple of guys who have turned in good performances in our league witg part time teams and might just be ready to kick on and prove themselves full time and hopefully up a league, and we could position ourselves as the first beneficiary of that. 

Aside from all that, theres a club with diminishing appeal to potential managers and a working model that doesnt often exist at this level, both of which may well be working against what we can hope to achieve. 

I dont love the idea of Young or Petrie per se, but I like it a lot more than a few of the other names kicking about because I know they can put out decent (or in Petries case, demonstrably better than us) sides in the league we are in with limited resource. 

Genuinely interested as to what you don't like about Petrie? 

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

That is depressing. 

Wonder if Holt is looking at that same list and will any interviews be a formality ?  Also, where should we be looking to recruit players given the budget for next season might be tight ie. part time. Me ? am looking for an experienced head who can motivate the players so next season on the run in our arses don't collapse again.

4 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Instead of wasting money on players who are deemed “too good for this level” ie Alston, Tidser etc etc out more money into the manager and make Derek McInnes an offer. I don’t think for a minute he’d consider it but all he can do is say no. 

47AA1452-6013-4616-BFE5-D100F74C6E69.jpeg.5de699400f06e464cc16d6f2ac272cdf.jpeg

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Genuinely interested as to what you don't like about Petrie? 

I think iv worded it, or youv took it wrongly. Give me my pick the now and it would be him. Theres nothing I dont like about it him, its just that we are now at the stage of shiteness, and manager turnover, that im not going to get overly excited about anyone or anything to do wity Falkirk FC

58 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

If we were going to down that route I'd prefer that we try for Alex Neil.

Surprised not to see Malky Mackay on that list. Will know Holt from Norwich and seems to have sniffing about some bigger jobs with no such luck as yet.

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Surprised not to see Malky Mackay on that list. Will know Holt from Norwich and seems to have sniffing about some bigger jobs with no such luck as yet.

You honestly think he would give up a lucrative post in the SFA to take over this basket case?

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McBookie have put their odds up for the vacancy although I imagine some of the names they probably just got from this thread.

E0n2v90X0AA9aB-?format=jpg&name=large

The last few seasons have taught me that there's no such thing as "it can't get worse than this" so it's a key appointment.

Obviously these lists are nonsense but I've got time to kill at work. I think it'll be between the top 4 names there and Stuart Taylor assuming they all want the job.

• Got a bad feeling about people saying Peter Grant is a good boss because his side passed the ball about while getting relegated.
  • Darren Young has led East Fife to 6th place in league 1 which I don't think is an overachievement or anything for them, would far rather take Petrie
  • I was surprised by the impact McCann had at Caley. He's an angry angry man so maybe he's useful for coming in and lifting a team.
  • McIntyre turned us down after we punted Hartley which shows he has some sense about him given the state of the squad and clearly has the best record of the 5
  • No idea about Taylor other than him appearing on falkirk tv

Surely the tactic for Falkirk is get someone in with a history of getting teams up, like a Dick Campbell (although not, because he wouldn't). The caveat being as soon as they are up, he'll be away. Even an older head like the Jet. 

None of the managers on that list know how to get a team out of L1.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Surely the tactic for Falkirk is get someone in with a history of getting teams up, like a Dick Campbell (although not, because he wouldn't). The caveat being as soon as they are up, he'll be away. Even an older head like the Jet. 

None of the managers on that list know how to get a team out of L1.

I said a few pages ago that if the BOD offered Dick Campbell a fixed one-year contract with the sole remit of getting us out of this league I'd take it.

It won't happen, though.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Thank f**k this season has officially ended. Even though it ended in reality weeks ago.

The season may have ended, but the madness still has some way to run unfortunately. The battle in the boardroom will surely kick off at some point. It’s hard to imagine anyone in there who decided to keep M&M and then add Gary Holt to the mix having any worthwhile reason to hang around.

There is going to be applications outside the usual suspects the usual suspects are on there and out of work for a reason not many of them have achieved much see the same as journeymen players.  Yes we tried out the box and untried with M and M there has to be better out there.