The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I think you will find that we rented our whole 4 sided grass pitched stadium to them during the one close season. 

You don’t even have a 3 sided stadium to rent out!

Where have East Stirlingshire been playing for the last 3 years and Queens Park been playing for the last month? 

Fucking idiot.

Edited by latapythelegend

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Is that a real photo, did they honestly allow another club to sell merchandise from their stadium.

They got a few grand a few years ago to host Celtic friendlies there, which included the sign and merch being sold.

1 hour ago, bob_mcshug said:

We really need to starve the club of money. If fans just buy season tickets again we're only enabling this farce to continue for another season. 

The board needs a clear out with the MSG booted or nothing will change.

I'd actually love to hear their justification for why they should remain in charge given the omnishambles they have presided over. 

So, if the BOD is cleared out today, who takes over, auld Jean? Sadly it's not quite as easy as that.

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I think you will find that we rented our whole 4 sided grass pitched stadium to them during the one close season. 

You don’t even have a 3 sided stadium to rent out!

We've been renting out the astro 7 days a week for years.

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Where have East Stirlingshire been playing for the last 3 years and Queens Park been playing for the last month? 

Fucking idiot.

Who gets the rent though? You or the council?

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s real mate - St Mirren let Celtic use their stadium to play on and also allowed them to have a Celtic shop as part of the stadium.

Jesus, If we ever done that it would be the end for me. 

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You made money through selling your soul to your ‘big team’ and letting them sell their goods to the good people of Paisley ya fucking tit.

48DBBA10-C02E-401A-8A0B-F9E6C6D48180.jpeg

That has to be photoshopped surely?? 😂😂😂

It's not photoshopped.

It is well known (I thought!) and has been a P+B staple for years. A handy stick to beat SM with when the need arises. They do get a bit sensitive about the whole thing though, so best not mention it too often.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's not photoshopped.

It is well known (I thought!) and has been a P+B staple for years. A handy stick to beat SM with when the need arises. They do get a bit sensitive about the whole thing though, so best not mention it too often.

As another poster said I never really venture beyond falkirk or falkirk match threads.

Might bloody have to now, cya later 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Probably throughout world football the only same league alliance that’s strong enough to accept such a thing is Celtic and St Mirren’s mate.

I remember the rage I felt when a cream bun shop opened in the Howgate, imagine having it at our stadium 😲

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

As another poster said I never really venture beyond falkirk or falkirk match threads.

Might bloody have to now, cya later 

I'm the same with regards to other club threads. I've never really ventured on to rip the piss out other clubs when they have been in hard times either, but each to their own.

31 minutes ago, Trump said:

Don’t get the Darren Young love in at all, now granted there’s nothing that’s exciting on that list, but what’s he done above others to deserve a mention? Forgive my ignorance.

Im not convinced theres a love in for anyone. Sort of the whole point is that there is no love in candidates. Theres the same old uninspiring names, theres complete unknown quantitites in terms of management in the Scottish lower leagues, and then theres a couple of guys who have turned in good performances in our league witg part time teams and might just be ready to kick on and prove themselves full time and hopefully up a league, and we could position ourselves as the first beneficiary of that. 

Aside from all that, theres a club with diminishing appeal to potential managers and a working model that doesnt often exist at this level, both of which may well be working against what we can hope to achieve. 

I dont love the idea of Young or Petrie per se, but I like it a lot more than a few of the other names kicking about because I know they can put out decent (or in Petries case, demonstrably better than us) sides in the league we are in with limited resource. 

Darren Young isn't a great shout at all.  He hasn't done any better with East Fife than you would expect any other manager to do at that level.  Also, his teams have a tendency to tail off as the season reaches the run in......

We are a club who, to any outsider who hasn't looked past the full-time results, sacked two managers while sitting top of the league and ended up finishing 5th. On paper that doesn't look great.