The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

We didn't have Ross County that year. 

Was 18/19 (the Ross County season) not the 'Our time' stuff?

3 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

We've only got   Mutch, Sneddon, Alston, Miller, Keena and Dowds on contracts to 2022.   .    

And Morrison, if rumours are to believed then Williamson as well but I wouldn't begrudge him walking away.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I remember that.  It was the club itself who were giving it the 'We're going to win the league this season' chat with their 'Our Time' stuff.  That was before the fans started lapping it up.

They must've forgotten they had Ross County and Dundee United in the league that coming season, who were absolutely guaranteed to finish 1st and 2nd.

You would've said the same when rangers and Hibs were in the league though.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You would've said the same when rangers and Hibs were in the league though.

Yes, but you actually had an alright squad then.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

We've only got   Mutch, Sneddon, Alston, Miller, Keena and Dowds on contracts to 2022.   .    

Dowds? Thought he only got a 1 year deal! 

Can’t believe Miller got a 2 year deal 😡

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Was 18/19 (the Ross County season) not the 'Our time' stuff?

The best Falkirk strapline was the George Craig inspired "The Next Level" to cement ourselves in the top 6.   We were almost relegated at the end of the season,

Edited by FFCinthearea

The most disappointing thing in all this has been the utterly piss poor standard of banter on here.  Christ we're ripe for the picking. 5th/6th in the league hardly won a game of late and all we've had are pictures of folk laughing, jokes from 20 year ago and people saying your team's pish. What's happened to the world? Poor show when the best level of pish take has actually been from Falkirk fans.  Too many lazy lazy posts. I remember the day when people actually put an effort in when it came to that but those days seem to have gone now unfortunately. It's sad really.😢😢

The most disappointing thing in all this has been the utterly piss poor standard of banter on here.  Christ we're ripe for the picking. 5th/6th in the league hardly won a game of late and all we've had are pictures of folk laughing, jokes from 20 year ago and people saying your team's pish. What's happened to the world? Poor show when the best level of pish take has actually been from Falkirk fans.  Too many lazy lazy posts. I remember the day when people actually put an effort in when it came to that but those days seem to have gone now unfortunately. It's sad really.[emoji22][emoji22]

Still, at least you’re taking it well.

Being serious for a minute, Falkirks current situation looks to be primarily down to a failure of recruitment.

Yes, the management staff weren't very good on the park, and good managers can turn decent players into good ones. But it's much easier to simply sign good players in the first place.

What I'd be worried about if I was a Falkirk fan is I'd have no confidence in Holt's ability to implement a decent recruitment process. There are loads of half-decent managers kicking about that can get a player producing something close to his level of ability.

That's the real danger for Falkirk here. Not fixing the recruitment side of things can turn a 3 year stay into a 6 or 7 year one.

Just now, Lex said:

Still, at least you’re taking it well.

I'm more disappointed in the pish poor banter than I am with my team. At least i knew it was coming. Folk on here have had weeks to prepare and have still come up with a load of the same old crap. 

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Being serious for a minute, Falkirks current situation looks to be primarily down to a failure of recruitment.

Yes, the management staff weren't very good on the park, and good managers can turn decent players into good ones. But it's much easier to simply sign good players in the first place.

What I'd be worried about if I was a Falkirk fan is I'd have no confidence in Holt's ability to implement a decent recruitment process. There are loads of half-decent managers kicking about that can get a player producing something close to his level of ability.

That's the real danger for Falkirk here. Not fixing the recruitment side of things can turn a 3 year stay into a 6 or 7 year one.

We've had 12 years of dreadful recruitment so far.   Given up hoping it will suddenly improve.

7 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

The best Falkirk strapline was the George Craig inspired "The Next Level" to cement ourselves in the top 6.   We we're relegated at the end of the season,

No we weren't.

13 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

And Morrison, if rumours are to believed then Williamson as well but I wouldn't begrudge him walking away.

So a potential base for the new manager and hoping desperately that somehow Keena and Alston turn back into footballers

Mutch

Williamson New New New

Morrison New Alston New

Keena New

Bench: Sneddon, Miller, Dowds