The Falkirk FC Thread

What a fucking mess of a club we are. Just one f**k up on and off the park after another. My biggest fear is this isn't rock bottom. Genuinely if this was a full length season I'd have been concerned we would be in the play offs at the other end of the table.

Can't say last night has bothered me that much (the season on the other hand...), the writing has been on the wall for ages and we deserve the ridicule as we've been abysmal, even when we were somehow winning.

Looks like another massive rebuild under another new boss for next season. I really hope this process, is well underway and we start seeing movement ASAP. I'm fully in the group of hoping the Rawlins are saviours and can start to make their presence felt sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Can't say last night has bothered me that much (the season on the other hand...), the writing has been on the wall for ages and we deserve the ridicule as we've been abysmal, even when we were somehow winning.

Looks like another massive rebuild under another new boss for next season. I really hope this process, is well underway and we start seeing movement ASAP. I'm fully in the group of hoping the Rawlins are saviours and can start to make their presence felt sooner rather than later.

Aye they need to get more involved especially if they want to get season tickets sold come the summer.  The only thing surprising about last night was that it took Airdrie 88 mins to score.  It was blatantly obvious after the Peterhead shitshow that this mob weren't going to win another game all season no matter who was in charge. 

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What a fucking mess of a club we are. Just one f**k up on and off the park after another. My biggest fear is this isn't rock bottom. Genuinely if this was a full length season I'd have been concerned we would be in the play offs at the other end of the table.

Definitely.  This sort of slide isn't easy to turn around .

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again you make no sense as in the Scottish cup we put out a second string/reserve side that beat Arbroath. 2  1.  I never said could I said did as it happened this season.  What the feck  are you blethering about.😂😂

Let’s just leave the Arbroath route please. They are better than us we just got a lucky couple of results in a tournament that neither team could realistically win mate.

17 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Exactly what will his investment look like if you ever get back to the top league? 

26% of f**k all. 

DC64FD88-E7CB-4E8F-8645-43A614836CB8.jpeg.1a4977f1f23b2bc6318455ed5bb85e48.jpeg

Crikey, you really are bitter as f**k pal. Did a Falkirk fan pump your maw or your girlfriend or something ?

You need to get over it cos living with this level of bitterness can’t be healthy.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Crikey, you really are bitter as f**k pal. Did a Falkirk fan pump your maw or your girlfriend or something ?

You need to get over it cos living with this level of bitterness can’t be healthy.

A8FB5B3F-FCD4-4E33-A996-D83786EE40CE.png.9f95fa197b79f8540a9d0473eb182c77.png

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

A8FB5B3F-FCD4-4E33-A996-D83786EE40CE.png.9f95fa197b79f8540a9d0473eb182c77.png

Can you stop posting photos of toddlers please? Really disturbing and absolutely chronic patter.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Let’s just leave the Arbroath route please. They are better than us we just got a lucky couple of results in a tournament that neither team could realistically win mate.

The statement put out was that I was talking pish weeks ago when I said Falkirk reserves beat Arbroath. That wasn't the case as they did indeed beat Arbroath 2 1. If folk are going to trot out stuff from weeks ago then they at least need to get their facts right.   

That doesn't change the fact that we are shite even though folk seem to be desperate for any Falkirk fan on this page to disagree with them.

Just now, Peter LaFleur said:

Can you stop posting photos of toddlers please? Really disturbing and absolutely chronic patter.

B02C079B-9AE6-4EFD-AD6D-51AC7B99972C.jpeg.2ff63f56cd9c40bb3de7afc76408c458.jpeg

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didn't think the government we're giving out free laptops to kids till after the election. Has that changed?

The correct spelling is “were.” 

EF7B8D54-F8AE-4FBC-A891-07CDD7B0F3DB.jpeg.0334dd80d57ec00868366bf2e689307e.jpeg

Guest Ecosse83

Just ignore the cretin Yflab. He’s now on my ignore list so refraining from quoting him would be greatly appreciated 😂

55 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It was only 4 short years ago that Falkirk were selling season tickets with an advertising slogan that this season was 'their time', firmly of the belief that they'd be stoating it to the Championship title ahead of Dundee Utd and St. Mirren. The fans laughed hard at them nipping in and getting Rory Loy ahead of us and we were stuck with Gavin Reilly.

They finished 8th with a whimper that season and the Falkirk fans decried it as rock bottom. 

Rock bottom now looks like halcyon days in comparison.

Even at their "lowest point" there were Falkirk fans on here insisting at the end of the season that they were actually much better than St Mirren (thanks to a couple of wins in rearranged fixtures at the end of the season, after we'd won the league) and now that "The Don" had cleared out the deadwood and was signing his own players they would be winning the league the next season.

I remember that.  It was the club itself who were giving it the 'We're going to win the league this season' chat with their 'Our Time' stuff.  That was before the fans started lapping it up.

They must've forgotten they had Ross County and Dundee United in the league that coming season, who were absolutely guaranteed to finish 1st and 2nd.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I remember that.  It was the club itself who were giving it the 'We're going to win the league this season' chat with their 'Our Time' stuff.  That was before the fans started lapping it up.

They must've forgotten they had Ross County and Dundee United in the league that coming season, who were absolutely guaranteed to finish 1st and 2nd.

We didn't have Ross County that year. 

11 minutes ago, GAD said:

Even at their "lowest point" there were Falkirk fans on here insisting at the end of the season that they were actually much better than St Mirren (thanks to a couple of wins in rearranged fixtures at the end of the season, after we'd won the league) and now that "The Don" had cleared out the deadwood and was signing his own players they would be winning the league the next season.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Cmon lads, that was 2 seasons and 4 managers ago, get with the current disaster

39 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

We've only got   Mutch, Sneddon, Alston, Miller, Keena and Dowds on contracts to 2022.   .    

We didn't have Ross County that year. 
So not a full guarantee then