The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

What is important with our next managerial appointment, is that we get someone who will work with Holt but not for him. The manager needs to be willing to challenge the DOF when required and not just do as he says. My concern is Holt will want the latter

Untitled design (96).png.gallery.jpg

8 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Genuinely nothing else to add except fucking hahahahahahaha

There’s the sign of a man still struggling to overcome being ridden rotten by a diddy club for a number of years, even when natural order has been restored. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

Hopefully Rawlins rebrands us and moves the club to LA to join the MLS.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

As a Morton fan, we have been very poorly run of late and it has finally cost us on the pitch. Fortunately a new dawn is breaking, even if we are in League One next year. 

But we only have to take a look up the M80 to see what misplaced ambition and short termism can do for a club. Falkirk's saving grace is that they still get very decent crowds, so I'd hope they aren't in any serious financial straits that can't be managed by a bit of belt tightening... but my word... on the park it is a shambles. 

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Assuming that number is correct, that represents less than 0.8% of Rawlins net worth. Even assuming he simply whipped it out of his wallet, that’s an investment he is likely to be highly willing to simply walk away from, if he deems FFC a lost cause. If Rawlins is issuing wobbly statements, that should be a huge worry, unless the are directed toward the BoD.

The guy owns 26 percent of the club. He's hardly going to just disappear.  He knows fine well that if this mess gets sorted out and  the club gets back in the top flight at any point in the future that 26 percent is going to be worth a hell of a lot more than his initial investment.  Whilst that's pie in the sky just now it's still his long term goal. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

19 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

After  another appalling and horrendous showing Rawlins, SA MR GD and the BOD must realise that the abyss many of us spoke about earlier season is now full on.

We are completely broken, the heart has been ripped out our club, and I expect STs will fall off a cliff now. Thousands of us have continued to back our club through turbulent times, but the last few games have finished it for hundreds upon hundreds of fans.

Many people and friends who I know directly and indirectly who would walk over broken glass to support our club, have said enough is enough. 

Many want GD out, many want the new BOD out, many want Holt out, many want SA & MR out. Many want a clean slate. 

I don’t know the answer, but what I do know is that the club is now facing its biggest crisis since we moved to Westfield. 

I'm not sure to be honest. Yes things are a mess on the park. Worst in my lifetime but at least the actual existence of the club ain't in doubt like it was 8 or 9 years ago when the HMRC tried to wind us up.  I would say that was the number one crisis at tfs.  At the moment we are in good health financially despite this shambles and that at least allows us to get things right without having to worry about the club going bust or part time. The problem is the complete lack of confidence in anyone involved in the club being able to turn it around.  To me Rawlins needs to come out and say something to give the fans something to cling to.  Whether it's him getting his arse over here to sort things out or at least sending someone to kick ass who knows but the usual patronising pish from deans certainty isn't going to cut it this time.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

It was only 4 short years ago that Falkirk were selling season tickets with an advertising slogan that this season was 'their time', firmly of the belief that they'd be stoating it to the Championship title ahead of Dundee Utd and St. Mirren. The fans laughed hard at them nipping in and getting Rory Loy ahead of us and we were stuck with Gavin Reilly.

They finished 8th with a whimper that season and the Falkirk fans decried it as rock bottom. 

Rock bottom now looks like halcyon days in comparison.

On 21/04/2021 at 10:57, Shadwell Dog said:

Arbroath are shit.  Having watched the Friday night games regularly I've seen with my own eyes how shit the championship actually is these days.  Standard is abysmal. No reason why cove who aren't very good either to be honest couldn't get promoted though given how poor the bottom of the championship is.  Sums up how abysmal we are that despite the shit level of opposition we still don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion even though we can comfortably beat Arbroath with our reserve team.

No reason Falkirk couldnt  beat Real Madrid either. And  Osama Bin Laden could  have been the Governor of Texas. 

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

What if Rawlins isn't the messiah?

Let's face it whether he is or not he needs time . I'm sure more would've happened without covid  preventing him from coming over . They've only been on board 6 months but at least now he'll have realised he needs to get far more hands on to sort the place out. 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The guy owns 26 percent of the club. He's hardly going to just disappear.  He knows fine well that if this mess gets sorted out and  the club gets back in the top flight at any point in the future that 26 percent is going to be worth a hell of a lot more than his initial investment.  

Or as is not uncommon in the USA. Let the business stagnate and therefore erode its value. Buy out other stakeholders at the bottom of the market eg 20% lower after 2 years of doing nothing.

There you go they own the club have a revival and a 30-40% return on your investment. Suspect its sole ownership of the community stadium and surrounding land they want, FFC is secondary.