The Falkirk FC Thread

To all the Falkirk fans I salute your ability to appear both aloof and loyal during these difficult times. 
Aye right, get it right f*ckin up yeez 🤣🤣
I hope you're inhaling the Pars vapour trail for years to come. 
One of thee most unpopular clubs in Scotland. 

Thanks pal! I’m a little upset you say we are unpopular because popularity is really important to us.

What a fucking club we are. It’s moments like this where you don’t realise how bad things can actually get. The Pressley years are up there as some of the absolute worst for me personally, but we have descended to levels that are completely unfathomable.  Is it arrogance that is the root cause? Did the board, managers and players completely disrespect the standard required to win the league? Absolutely, but It’s also as many have said down to years of mismanagement at all levels  of the club. 

It’s clear that the culture of the club at present is completely incompatible with any sort of success playing football. Our next appointment is probably one of the important of our history. I have no idea who the right person is, but I’m concerned the overlords In charge don’t know either. I don’t really support the notion of blaming Holt - we were losing those games regardless of was taking over in the short term, or if M&M were staying on. The rot was already underway. I’ve never rated Holt highly regardless, but there was very few ways he could come out of this looking good and I’m sure he knew that. I do however agree that Holt comes across as a bit of a “yes-man “ and don’t really have confidence in him to be appointing our next manager. 

Every single season ticket holder should be taking the partial refund when it’s offered and no one should be buying one for next season, at least until Holt is emptied and a proper manager brought in and the entire playing squad sent to the dole queue.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm enjoying the calls for every single player to be released.

Won't the ones under contract, have a difficulty with that?

There are only 4 under contract as far as I’m aware so we could and should can everyone near enough.

A lot of people are clinging to the hope that the Rawlins investment has delivered. 

The jury is very much out for me on this one as the club's boardroom problems might have been diluted but they are certainly not eliminated. 

How long before the Rawlins get bored with this project, considering how relatively modest in footballing terms it is. Remember, this is a financial investment equivalent to the purchase value of a decent pub. 

Falkirk needs a clean sweep by someone, or some people, with serious financial clout. 

That would involve a sizable cost to eliminate the ongoing influence of SA, MR and others. 

Without a complete buy out, this sh*tshow has plenty of episodes still to run! 

Div lending Keithgy the P&B self destruct button at the final whistle really took the edge off this. A nice touch for his Falkirk based moderating team.

Wheres the apology and the departures list? Too early yet?

Guest Peter LaFleur

Wow. Whenever I believe we’ve hit an all time low with the club they surprise me the next again season. The pain and hurt was a lot less than the previous two years as I’ve become numb to the embarrassment. This season in more ways than one had provided a real detachment from myself and the club. Of course, that has a lot to do with the COVID measures and restrictions as well. It’s absolutely heart breaking to see the club where it currently is. We are on a life support machine.

Board Level – For me, Deans HAS to go. He has failed big time and has been chairman of one of (if not thee) worst performing Falkirk side in the club’s recent history. Only positive mark he has against him is the Rawlins investment landing. The Gow charade happening under his watch plus the clowns being appointment and lived with for so long is unforgivable. I’ve no doubt he’s probably a nice guy and just a yes man for those above but that’s not what the club needs to move forward. We are on our hands and knees at this point and desperately need Rawlins to grab the club by the scruff of the necks.

Management staff – Again, Holt for me must go. As a DoF, he has failed with player recruitment over this window. I’ve mentioned Tiffoney, his ex-player, many a time on here. Neilson apart, his recruitment over the last window was shambolic. We also had two spare loans to use but didn’t? If it came down to money, then this failure will cost a hell of a lot more to the club now. He seems a bit of an odd ball and I don’t trust him one bit with guiding the club in the right direction on player or managerial recruitment. I have the absolute fucking fear of another rookie coming in alongside his pal Brooks for the major rebuild next season.

Playing staff- WOW. What a spineless, heartless, talentless shower of c***s. They crumbled under absolutely no fan pressure (unless they read a twitter feed at 5pm) and have had one of the most staggering collapses in the Scottish lower leagues. I’d empty the lot of them without a tear. IF any are to stay it would only be Mutch (with an experienced keeper to challenge him), Dixon, Telfer (as back-up), Morrison and possibly Dowds as back-up. Guys on two year deals like Alston and G.Miller need to have their contracts mutually terminated. I really hope the board have learned from the Sammon ordeal and that these contracts can be ripped up without a problem.

Future – MASSIVE couple of weeks ahead of us. The managerial appointment must be right. We must get someone in that ticks all the boxes – solid recruitment, coach and man management. We haven’t got a managerial appointment right since Houston so I hold out very little hope that they will get this right either.  With the league cup games kicking off on July the 10th it’ll need to be a rather quick turnaround. As said above, we absolutely can’t go down a route that they are a Holt yes man paired with that weasel Brooks. IF they get someone in, with the appropriate changes above playing level then the fans will inevitably back the team. If they call this wrong and the same faces are stinking out the club then I really do fear for our future.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Guest Ecosse83

What a relief this season is over. I want a big statement today first and foremost apologising for this shambles that took place. Then I want to see all the players not under contract next season released (those under contract will take a bit longer to punt)

This HAS to be the defining moment, I don’t know that much about what goes on in the boardroom but by god something drastic needs to change!

Finally I want to see HOLT gone, as bad as M and M were they stood no chance with someone telling them how to play and set the team up. He’s trying to do what Martindale done but he’s not capable, please just go now! 

What is important with our next managerial appointment, is that we get someone who will work with Holt but not for him. The manager needs to be willing to challenge the DOF when required and not just do as he says. My concern is Holt will want the latter