The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

This negativity must stop! We need to get behind the club and make sure we go one better next season! 

Keep the faith!

COYB

Aye, there's always next season...

and the one after that...

Whoever comes in as manager next needs to actually have a decent set of contacts that they can use to bring in loans. As in this league decent loans make a huge difference and for too long we've not used the loan market effectively. Needs to be a big cull of players and a hefty rebuild which isn't going to be a walk in the park.

Guest Caractacus Potts
21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

To be fair to Deans in his tenure he's done a lot of things we as fans have been calling for. He secured the Rawlins investment, talked about bringing back the academy and is now implementing that in the form of Gary Holt. M&M were well and truly backed this season so we can't even say we never had a fair crack at it.

His biggest mistake, which has proved so costly, was keeping M&M on for so long when it clearly needed changed. As for Holt he was put in a near impossible situation with that squad of players and he openly talked about not wanting to be the manager. I'll give him the summer in his actual role to see what he's about. When he was appointed I wasn't enamoured but I feel it's harsh to judge him based on the fact he's not had an actual crack at the role he was employed to do as instead he had to try babysit M&M then had to step in as interim when we were sinking fast. 

Big changes needed from top to bottom but I don't think the buck should stop with Deans and Holt should probably be given a chance to do the job he was brought in for. Sooner we get real honest fans into that boardroom the better.

Deans voted for a 22 game season. I’m surprised we got to that point without much farce in terms of call offs due to positive tests. Still, it made no sense at the time and reduced our best chances of promotion. 

He also appointed Lee Miller and McCracken who seemed desperately out of their depth and should not have had their  temporary contracts extended when to most honest fans we would have likely dropped further down the table had the season played out. 

The Rawlins deal is still to be assessed. They haven’t put their own money in and most likely won’t be, as most owners do. They’re looking for investment which only happens if we see success but that comes with having a clue about how to run a club like Falkirk. Some of the soundbites from them are worrying too when all and sundry could see the problems that were occurring. The jury is out. 

The academy structure is a headline policy however it’s no use if not implemented properly. It’s like getting a grass pitch and having Mr Bean as head groundsman. As has been alluded to here too it seems that this structure put in place was not even of their own design but stolen and completely b*****dised. 

There’s also a seemingly open goal with a campaign to rename the Stand after Crunchie. How on Earth could that end up being an issue!?

Then appointing Gary Holt as Sporting Director at the end of the transfer window when the club are pleading for money. What’s he there for, is he undermining the managers, is he a help? He failed last time round and only added a further 2 years experience to his name since. What’s his purpose?

Nothing will change till we get people who have a clue, willing to put the hours in and not mess fans around. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

He also appointed Lee Miller and McCracken who seemed desperately out of their depth and should not have had their  temporary contracts extended when to most honest fans we would have likely dropped further down the table had the season played out.

The Rawlins deal is still to be assessed. They haven’t put their own money in and most likely won’t be, as most owners do. 

I don’t think Miller and McCracken should have been appointed in the first place (at least not as managers) but you can’t really blame Gary Deans for not sacking them last summer. We were 1 point off first with better goal difference than Raith who we still had to play at home when the league was called.

The vast majority of fans supported them remaining in post given the circumstances and I think there would have been uproar to be honest had they been removed. 

Equally, the Rawlins have put in circa £350k into the club with more to come I'm sure so they can’t be criticised for that.

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t think Miller and McCracken should have been appointed in the first place (at least not as managers) but you can’t really blame Gary Deans for not sacking them last summer. We were 1 point off first with better goal difference than Raith who we still had to play at home when the league was called.

The vast majority of fans supported them remaining in post given the circumstances and I think there would have been uproar to be honest had they been removed. 

Equally, the Rawlins have put in circa £350k into the club with more to come I'm sure so they can’t be criticised for that.

If you don’t think they should have been appointed in the first place then surely the decision to keep them in place is to be criticised too. The team may have been 1 point off but equally we should have been several points clear. After an initial lift, the  same issues we had with McKinnon seemed to remain and when we were required to win, we had little solutions. There seemed to be no real style or game plan but just put the players on the park and hope a couple have a decent performance. 

I really don’t think there would have been uproar had they not been kept on but that’s hard to judge now.

The Rawlins money was used to buy shares and the hope would have been to sell those shares at a much higher price. They are not philanthropists or indeed Falkirk fans. Anything they put in, they’ll look to get back, with interest. I’ve not much problem with that in the fact that there best way to make money is with success on the pitch but I am worried about whether they are actually able to implement that properly within the confinement’s of a club our size in League One. So far, the signs have been less than promising. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

It’s an Internet forum you fuckin muppet 😂 I don’t give a f**k about greenies or red dots.

B36D39F3-ECB4-44CD-BA0C-8522E50396BC.jpeg.50ddc537c5b942a860b5460c82d42116.jpeg

Were you not the guy greetin' about red dots so much that the Heads Gone thread saw a bump as a direct result of it just the other night? :unsure:

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Assuming that number is correct, that represents less than 0.8% of Rawlins net worth. Even assuming he simply whipped it out of his wallet, that’s an investment he is likely to be highly willing to simply walk away from, if he deems FFC a lost cause. If Rawlins is issuing wobbly statements, that should be a huge worry, unless the are directed toward the BoD.

Think it goes without saying that Falkirk need a real change in direction with a clear out being top priority.

But who to take over as manager? You need someone with experience, a big name to lead a big club, someone who can inject new ideas into the club. I know just the man.

image.jpeg.99c534672d31cc399d644ca66d6d7a9e.jpeg

Edited by VillanoXIV

Posted similar in match thread and this will get lost in amongst the slagging. However, i do genuinely feel sorry for real falkirk fans. That was a disgrace last night. Major changes needed at your club. I wouldnt be surprised to see you again next season and lets hope you get yourself sorted

Guest Axle Grease

To all the Falkirk fans I salute your ability to appear both aloof and loyal during these difficult times. 

Aye right, get it right f*ckin up yeez 🤣🤣

I hope you're inhaling the Pars vapour trail for years to come. 

One of thee most unpopular clubs in Scotland.