The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The BoD guys, start with the BoD. That needs a hurricane to blow right through the lot of them. Some will survive, but key ones shouldn’t be there. If they were honest with themselves, they would step down without being forced to.

They won’t go and today certainly needs to be the catalyst for fans action against them. 

Just now, Peter LaFleur said:

They won’t go and today certainly needs to be the catalyst for fans action against them. 

They have to go. It’s as simple as that. They will try and cling on, and they will hope owners support them. If that happens, then it will be a civil war at TFS, and deservedly so.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

They have to go. It’s as simple as that. They will try and cling on, and they will hope owners support them. If that happens, then it will be a civil war at TFS, and deservedly so.

The thing is that the MSG now only hold 37% of the shares in the club. I believe the Rawlins have an option to buy more shares and further dilute the MSG stake- hopefully that will happen.

Surely the chairman has to go, I must admit he sounded woeful on Sportsound all last summer and some of his statements such as the infamous " let our performances on the pitch do the talking" really make everyone at the club look stupid.

When we had our 3 year stint in the 3rd tier in the mid 80's we pointed Alex Totten before the end of the second season and their was already a feel good factor about the club before that season ended. Who ever is in charge next season at Falkirk is going to need a great start after that end to the season. 

To be fair to Deans in his tenure he's done a lot of things we as fans have been calling for. He secured the Rawlins investment, talked about bringing back the academy and is now implementing that in the form of Gary Holt. M&M were well and truly backed this season so we can't even say we never had a fair crack at it.

His biggest mistake, which has proved so costly, was keeping M&M on for so long when it clearly needed changed. As for Holt he was put in a near impossible situation with that squad of players and he openly talked about not wanting to be the manager. I'll give him the summer in his actual role to see what he's about. When he was appointed I wasn't enamoured but I feel it's harsh to judge him based on the fact he's not had an actual crack at the role he was employed to do as instead he had to try babysit M&M then had to step in as interim when we were sinking fast. 

Big changes needed from top to bottom but I don't think the buck should stop with Deans and Holt should probably be given a chance to do the job he was brought in for. Sooner we get real honest fans into that boardroom the better.

Edited by FFC 1876

Holt oversaw the recruitment before the restart. He is culpable for the absolutely horrific results over the last couple of months, make no mistake about that.

We are past the point of giving people another summer. 

The squad is far from good enough but certainly should not be finishing fifth in league 1.

Gary Holt was meant to be in charge of recruitment and signed 3 teenagers while Partick were bringing in experience to get them over the line.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

And you realise all the folk that have liked any of your comments tonight can't actually count as a pal?

It’s an Internet forum you fuckin muppet 😂 I don’t give a f**k about greenies or red dots.

B36D39F3-ECB4-44CD-BA0C-8522E50396BC.jpeg.50ddc537c5b942a860b5460c82d42116.jpeg

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I put falkirk out of my mind for a couple days, come back when forced to look at the team sheet, and feel lower each time they enter my brain again. No doubt the trend will continue at 8:45 

I can always count on us can’t I. See you all in 2-5 years when we may sort this mess out. The poison at our club won’t be fixed next year 

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

It’s an Internet forum you fuckin muppet 😂 I don’t give a f**k about greenies or red dots.

B36D39F3-ECB4-44CD-BA0C-8522E50396BC.jpeg.50ddc537c5b942a860b5460c82d42116.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Yflab said:

@Peter LaFleur red dots are a badge of honour ya wee radge!

You were saying? Sad sad little pathetic lonely man.

Edited by FFC 1876

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The squad is far from good enough but certainly should not be finishing fifth in league 1.

Gary Holt was meant to be in charge of recruitment and signed 3 teenagers while Partick were bringing in experience to get them over the line.

I suspect our transfer budget was spent on Holt's wages!