The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur

I actually thought we dominated the second half in that Airdrie defeat away and in all honesty neither side looked close to scoring if it hadn’t been for the penalties. If Keena had slotted away ours to put us 2-1 up I think we would have went on to win it. Mercer going off injured really disrupted our play when dumb and dumber decided to throw on the basketball player as his replacement. The tactical masterclass that then followed the Airdrie penalty was worthy of the bullet there and then. After watching Airdrie I’m surprised they’ve went on this impressive run of results.
However; despite all of the above, we did fortunately have Dixon and Telfer in the squad that day and I don’t hold out any hope for tonight.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

34 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Missing a few things here regarding Airdrie. We have Leon McCann who is arguably the best left back in the league. We have also beaten you twice this season already when we were wildly inconsistent. Yes we have Turner but we also have Paton in there who has formed a good partnership with Turner which has made us more solid. I presume you refer to Crichton and Fordyce as the two centre backs. I don't think Crichton will play as Josh Kerr has came back from injury and kept him out the last few games. The only reason Crichton will play will be due to Murray rotating the team. We also have Connell up front who has come onto form. He has only played ten minutes against you so far this season. Again, he picked up an injury so may be rested. 

I suspect Falkirk will be in the play offs no matter the result as i can't see Montrose beating Partick

I'll give you Mccann as he normally has a blinder against us. But you've got to remember we were subjected to watching Paul Paton attempt to play football so i'm not going to have him as a strength in your side. Connell played the full game and scored against us at the falkirk stadium earlier in the season and caused us bother all day with his work rate.

You beating us twice this season doesn't make you a good team unfortunately we just played into your hands both times and played hoofball. The only time you looked dangerous in both games was through set pieces and long throws. Turner takes a great set piece so he's complemented your style. When we got the ball down and played football at the end of the first half in the last game we were running riot.

So to summarise, no I don't think you are a team we should fear.

43 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Missing a few things here regarding Airdrie. We have Leon McCann who is arguably the best left back in the league. We have also beaten you twice this season already when we were wildly inconsistent. Yes we have Turner but we also have Paton in there who has formed a good partnership with Turner which has made us more solid. I presume you refer to Crichton and Fordyce as the two centre backs. I don't think Crichton will play as Josh Kerr has came back from injury and kept him out the last few games. The only reason Crichton will play will be due to Murray rotating the team. We also have Connell up front who has come onto form. He has only played ten minutes against you so far this season. Again, he picked up an injury so may be rested. 

I suspect Falkirk will be in the play offs no matter the result as i can't see Montrose beating Partick

To be fair, Montrose are one of the better teams that we've humped 5 - 0  this season.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Holt greeting about refereeing decisions on Saturday, saying Airdrie is a really tough place to go and saying "hopefully we can get over the line".

And yet I'll pay my £12 like a chump.

If you’re a Falkirk fan, yes, that’s what you’ll do.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Even if we draw tonight we finish 4th on goal difference barring an absolute monsterous Montrose win of Hamilton vs Dumbarton magnitude. Part of me wants it done and part of me wants us to have a shot at it, as there's no doubt we're shite but none of the rest are actually much better.

Cove have Fyvie and Megginson, Airdrie have Turner and two solid centre backs, Looking at the Morton team from Friday night none of them really stand out, they have a decent footballing centre of midfield in Mcginn and Jacobs but they also have Brian Mclean playing centre back.

Can I just clear up that you mean Morton here. Would hate for people to think that we'd conceded 10 goals in one game.

I'll give you Mccann as he normally has a blinder against us. But you've got to remember we were subjected to watching Paul Paton attempt to play football so i'm not going to have him as a strength in your side. Connell played the full game and scored against us at the falkirk stadium earlier in the season and caused us bother all day with his work rate.
You beating us twice this season doesn't make you a good team unfortunately we just played into your hands both times and played hoofball. The only time you looked dangerous in both games was through set pieces and long throws. Turner takes a great set piece so he's complemented your style. When we got the ball down and played football at the end of the first half in the last game we were running riot.
So to summarise, no I don't think you are a team we should fear.

Unless i misread, connell didnt play against you. I think you are meaning ally roy who scored the first goal. Yeah that was my thoughts about paton when he signed but he seems to have slotted in well with turner.

Regarding our style you mention, it is a strange one. I watched us against partick and it was the style you mentioned and we were hopeless. We then started to play a bit of football in the second half and were the better team. Then against montrose we played some good football and dominated them. So we can play decent football but equally can be guilty of throwing long balls up. Suspect this is similar to most clubs at this level. Agreed the long throw ins can be pish.

Course you shouldnt fear us. Its scottish league 1 [emoji23]

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can I just clear up that you mean Morton here. Would hate for people to think that we'd conceded 10 goals in one game.

I whole heartedly apologise. It was Morton indeed, rotten to the core. A result that well and truly should have been investigated.

Edited by FFC 1876

22 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Unless i misread, connell didnt play against you. I think you are meaning ally roy who scored the first goal. Yeah that was my thoughts about paton when he signed but he seems to have slotted in well with turner.

Regarding our style you mention, it is a strange one. I watched us against partick and it was the style you mentioned and we were hopeless. We then started to play a bit of football in the second half and were the better team. Then against montrose we played some good football and dominated them. So we can play decent football but equally can be guilty of throwing long balls up. Suspect this is similar to most clubs at this level. Agreed the long throw ins can be pish.

Course you shouldnt fear us. Its scottish league 1 emoji23.png

You are just not remembering the first game from this season. 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/12/20/match-report-falkirk-v-airdrieonians/

Listen if your style is hoofball and you have the players to dominate using that style then there's no reason not to use it. We've not got the style or players to make it work and we've attempted it all season. 

'Course you shouldnt fear us. Its scottish league 1'

You should try listening to the manager interviews we've had to endure the last 2 seasons. "Forfar's a tough place to go, there's no easy games in this league"

Edited by FFC 1876

52 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

When we got the ball down and played football at the end of the first half in the last game we were running riot.

I would agree with that. The few times we’ve got the ball on the deck and played football this season, we’ve caused problems for teams.

I’ve no idea why we’ve not done it more often. A big part of the problem under M and M and now Holt is that we just resort to hoofball which 1. we don’t have the players to do and 2. is meat and drink for teams in this league.

51 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Stream purchased. I don’t know why I do this to myself. Anyway, mon the Bairns. 

Hmm - won't let me buy a stream. Hit "submit" and nothing happens.

maybe the gods are dropping a hint?

Nice to see Patrick offering pro rata season ticket refunds. I expect Falkirk to do the same. I would also expect there to be a large number of applicants. It’s the very least we deserve after a disastrous season.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/season-ticket-20-21-refunds/

They won’t offer it, as this time, the bulk of supporters will take up the refund...

12 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Nice to see Patrick offering pro rata season ticket refunds. I expect Falkirk to do the same. I would also expect there to be a large number of applicants. It’s the very least we deserve after a disastrous season.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/season-ticket-20-21-refunds/

I don't need it but if offered I would take it. 

58 minutes ago, brokeville said:

They have to offer it, the tickets were sold on the basis at the time a full season would be played.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/07/09/follow-your-leaders-2020-21-season-tickets/

Aye, I think they've got to offer it. They must be shitting themselves at the prospect of refunding, what, maybe half of the money they took in plus the inevitable substantial downturn in take-ups for next season!

Guest Ecosse83
5 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Mutch

mercer.       Neilson.  McClelland.  Kelly

Miller.     Gomis 

Morrison.             Alston.             Leitch

Sammon

I’m trying to be realistic about what Holt will do with that line up. We’re at the stage where we need to defensive mids to try and protect that back 4 and let’s be honest Mutch needs protecting as well he’s shit! 

Looks like I got the shape right just a few tweaks to the starting line up!