The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine you'll all be delighted to finish 3rd in the division, simply because you're playing less long balls every week. 

Maybe you should just get the best manager you can, as generally winning football is enjoyable football. 

Honestly even when we were winning games this season the garbage on show would have put you off football.

Honestly even when we were winning games this season the garbage on show would have put you off football.

I think if we were all being honest we were top of the league more because the rest were absolute rotten and that included Partick. One decent run and we were found out and left wanting. It’s a blessing as M&M would have been able to suck the life of our club next season... not great timing But we’ve cleared the decks and let’s see who we get next.

Don’t think we have cleared the decks at all. Once again we have gotten rid of the symptoms but not the disease. It looks like every fancy dan overblown job title will let Holt carry the can for the next appointment. If its wrong, then under the bus he goes....we get rid of another symptom.....but of course, the disease remains untouched yet again.

Falkirk are at a tipping point in their history. We either do an Airdrie and end up looking more and more comfortable in L1 surroundings, or we get the brutally awful disease out of the club completely.

So far, what little the Rawlins have had to say has been less than overwhelming. If they cannot see they are being spun a yarn, then even darker days lie in wait.

For what it’s worth I don’t think Grant would be a bad appointment at all. Made some excellent signings last season and had us playing some terrific football before the shutdown, and we showed flashes of great football this season as well, mainly being let down by individual errors and lapses in concentration.

Think it’s clear you guys need a clear out and not sure how he would be at dealing with that, with his loyalty to players from last season (probably due to COVID uncertainty) probably costing us, but has plenty contacts and there would certainly be much worse options than him.

For what it’s worth I don’t think Grant would be a bad appointment at all. Made some excellent signings last season and had us playing some terrific football before the shutdown, and we showed flashes of great football this season as well, mainly being let down by individual errors and lapses in concentration.

Think it’s clear you guys need a clear out and not sure how he would be at dealing with that, with his loyalty to players from last season (probably due to COVID uncertainty) probably costing us, but has plenty contacts and there would certainly be much worse options than him.

Contacts is going to be key for a rebuild. And we need that in spades. The last few (lol) clearouts have been exercises in how not to do it. Grant pulling favours for the loan market and attracting folk who know and understand the league and the task at hand would be an infinite improvement on what we have been served up of late.

I used to dislike Grant. I thought he was a bad appointment for you. Iv not converted to a fan of his but certainly the way Alloa fans speak of him in general has me less concerned

Contacts is going to be key for a rebuild. And we need that in spades. The last few (lol) clearouts have been exercises in how not to do it. Grant pulling favours for the loan market and attracting folk who know and understand the league and the task at hand would be an infinite improvement on what we have been served up of late.

I used to dislike Grant. I thought he was a bad appointment for you. Iv not converted to a fan of his but certainly the way Alloa fans speak of him in general has me less concerned

When I’ve looked through the Alloa thread, one of his main criticisms is his use of the loan market dealings. Whether it’s needed as much at a full time team like us, is up for debate.

As for Grant, I've only seen Alloa once or twice but it was noticeable how they played the ball neatly out from the back, passing triangles and movement. Compared to our lot kicking the ball as hard as they can in the direction they're facing. 

For all that may be wrong upstairs, it's not the board that pick the team, run training, devise tactics, run the touchline and tell players who to mark at corners. 

They do pick the guys who pick the team, run training, devise tactics...,....

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They do pick the guys who pick the team, run training, devise tactics...,....

Two of whom have gone on to success elsewhere, picking the team, running training, devising tactics

7 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Two of whom have gone on to success elsewhere, picking the team, running training, devising tactics

And one of which is achieving success with the exact same nucleus of players that he had at TFS.

It's almost like there are more factors at play than just the management.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

And one of which is achieving success with the exact same nucleus of players that he had at TFS.

It's almost like there are more factors at play than just the management.

Managing the only full time side in league 2 with a huge budget advantage over the other 9 put together ain't much of an achievement to be honest. I reckon most folk on here could do that.  

2 hours ago, Trump said:

When I’ve looked through the Alloa thread, one of his main criticisms is his use of the loan market dealings. Whether it’s needed as much at a full time team like us, is up for debate.

Innes cameron is better than anything we've  had on loan I'd say. 6 in 15 ain't a bad record at a club like alloa. 

I always thought the break in January came at a good time for us, however now I’m off the opinion it didn’t. We could see that this was coming from then so if football hadn’t been stopped maybe Miller and McCracken would have been punted earlier and allowed us to get someone in the see us over the line. All ifs buts and maybes I know. 

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

For all that may be wrong upstairs, it's not the board that pick the team, run training, devise tactics, run the touchline and tell players who to mark at corners. 

I agree. It’s the person that they employ to do it that covers that stuff, so no culpability there then.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Not excited, would say very sadly it’s more than a relief, brings home how far we have fallen when we’re hoping Airdrie take the points.......

I loved whoever it was on here who laid out the stark truth of what we had become when someone questioned if it was really that bad.

He or she said “We have just drawn with Cove, been beaten by Peterhead and Montrose, and been absolutely battered by Partick. Yes, it is that bad.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Anyone else excited we only have 90 minutes more of these c***s to suffer?

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Not excited, would say very sadly it’s more than a relief, brings home how far we have fallen when we’re hoping Airdrie take the points.......

Assuming that Montrose beat Partick. Long way from guaranteed. We might yet have to suffer through some "COYB IN THE PLAYOFFS 💪" cringe yet

Even if we draw tonight we finish 4th on goal difference barring an absolute monsterous Montrose win of Hamilton vs Dumbarton magnitude. Part of me wants it done and part of me wants us to have a shot at it, as there's no doubt we're shite but none of the rest are actually much better.

Cove have Fyvie and Megginson, Airdrie have Turner and two solid centre backs, Looking at the Morton team from Friday night none of them really stand out, they have a decent footballing centre of midfield in Mcginn and Jacobs but they also have Brian Mclean playing centre back.

Edited by FFC 1876