The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, CC52 FFC said:

Ask any neutral and he had Alloa playing good football, just didn’t have the players to do it. His contacts must be far and wide so I wouldn’t have a problem with him at all. 

I'm racking my brain to think of a suitable example but good managers cant always save their club, and can show potential to do well elsewhere even in an "unsuccessful" season. 

I'm not a big fan of Grant and probably would have had this as a lazy, oh look hes available appointment from the clowns that run our club, but current standards dictate that if they are looking to hire someone who appears to know how to set up a football team, we maybe best stick rather than twist. 

Does anyone know if Josh Todd comes back to us now? He's not been good but no worse an option than some who've been playing, it would add another body to limited squad numbers. Not sure if he left us in good terms or not. 

I was playing Football Manager on my PC when I was offered the Falkirk job. I knew it was a poor squad with no future, so I declined the offer. I then put the telephone down and returned to Football Manager...

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm racking my brain to think of a suitable example but good managers cant always save their club, and can show potential to do well elsewhere even in an "unsuccessful" season. 

I'm not a big fan of Grant and probably would have had this as a lazy, oh look hes available appointment from the clowns that run our club, but current standards dictate that if they are looking to hire someone who appears to know how to set up a football team, we maybe best stick rather than twist. 

This is the fear, is anyone genuinely thinking the likes of Grant, Petrie, Ian Murray etc actually has the ability to build a new team from scratch with us? 

It just seems too unlikely for me, we probably need to pay over the odds and get someone over qualified for this level to come in and correct course putting in some solid foundations. 

Holt as DOF is a joke also. If his criteria is folk who ‘want to run about’ first and foremost then lord help us. We’ve had a number of recent examples of headless chickens fitting that mould and they didn’t work at all. 

We need to get players with guts and some football intelligence. Too many pea hearts and complete duffers in recent years. 

Here’s who I’d keep....

Mutch, Telfer, Morrison, Alston, Dowds and Keena (as developing strikers, Keena been out most of the season and think dowds might grow) ....possibly Dixon, who has been one of our more consistent players this season and has a lot of experience to pass on. 

If any of the loanees are not wanted at their parents I think all 3 are promising but need to grow. 

This is clutching at straws and gives us a grand total of 10 players. Is it at all realistic that we can bring in ten players plus to this, have them gel and playing well for the next season? I have my doubts 

Unbelievably huge task ahead, regardless of the league obviously L1 for us but technically we may somehow end in championship which would be even worse in terms of squad required) 

Where do you even start with that. Complete fucking shambles. 

Would there be a link between holt and Grant from Norwich perhaps? I mind Grant being manager down there mid 2000s while Holt was down south. 

Like most things regarding Falkirk I just can’t be arsed checking.

13 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Would there be a link between holt and Grant from Norwich perhaps? I mind Grant being manager down there mid 2000s while Holt was down south. 

Like most things regarding Falkirk I just can’t be arsed checking.

In this case, Holt would just be hiring his pal. 'Rigorous' my arse. Another reason he is needing chased.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

He had Alloa playing good football, just didn’t have the players to do it. 

:lol: That's hardly a ringing endorsement.  

Grant is just a gormless thicko.  Surely you're not yet that desperate as a club?

This is the fear, is anyone genuinely thinking the likes of Grant, Petrie, Ian Murray etc actually has the ability to build a new team from scratch with us? 

It just seems too unlikely for me, we probably need to pay over the odds and get someone over qualified for this level to come in and correct course putting in some solid foundations. 

To be brutally honest I can't think of many/any realistic possibilities off the top of my head that would fill me with confidence, even if we were willing to splash the cash (which we won't).

3 minutes ago, spud131 said:

To be brutally honest I can't think of many/any realistic possibilities off the top of my head that would fill me with confidence, even if we were willing to splash the cash (which we won't).

Its really all contingent on how much money/influence Rawlins is willing to spend/exert. We know what we will get from the people who are currently tasked with the job. More of the same, diminishing returns, shite. If someone else doesn't alter the course, it's literally just going to be another lazy, uninspired appointment, and tone deaf bullshit from "Kieran" about "YOUR CLUB!!!" 

2 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Ask any neutral and he had Alloa playing good football, just didn’t have the players to do it. 

Aye, there's the rub. We are going to need a manager who CAN get a tune out of shit players unless the club are prepared to splash the cash.

23 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Aye, there's the rub. We are going to need a manager who CAN get a tune out of shit players unless the club are prepared to splash the cash.

Agreed. I honestly can’t think of anyone, and we are probably a poor choice - getting into a habit of sacking folk.

Wonder if anyone in any of Rawlins previous ventures in football would be suitable / available. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: That's hardly a ringing endorsement.  

Grant is just a gormless thicko.  Surely you're not yet that desperate as a club?

Well getting the worst team in the division playing good football is decent if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Well getting the worst team in the division playing good football is decent if you ask me.

They couldn’t defend for shit though. As soon as they lose the ball they’d concede.

9 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Yes, a manager who gets his team relegated by playing a style not suited to any of his players is a good appointment, presumably because they played a lot of passes.

Mad.