The Falkirk FC Thread

We’ve all chewed what’s been wrong with recent managers and useless players. I’ll pose this question and know it’s hypothetical, auntie had baws etc.

If Davis Keillor Dunn hadn’t whipped off his top at Palmerston when scoring in injury time and getting himself sent off, and the resultant draw from a certain win, would  we have then went on to beat Alloa and avoid being relegated ? 

23 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

We’ve all chewed what’s been wrong with recent managers and useless players. I’ll pose this question and know it’s hypothetical, auntie had baws etc.

If Davis Keillor Dunn hadn’t whipped off his top at Palmerston when scoring in injury time and getting himself sent off, and the resultant draw from a certain win, would  we have then went on to beat Alloa and avoid being relegated ? 

Who cares man fs.

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

MT you have no clue how bad we are. Genuinely playing to the standard of a league 2 mid table team. Zero exaggeration 

Last 5 games we have the worst form of ANY club in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'll take your word for that, but the side is capable of being better than that, as proven by the position reached earlier in the season.

I think it's unlikely that the club will slip below 4th next week.  Thereafter, it's not inconceivable that you won't actually lose again to someone like Airdrie, then Morton.

Players have clearly chucked it.

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Players have clearly chucked it.

That's the absolutely key point.

These are not unlucky defeats, or even humdrum, "beaten by a marginally better team" defeats.

The players' heads have utterly gone walkabout.

1 hour ago, Monkey socks said:

Falkirk players were doing their usual good deed visiting local hospitals' childrens ward and handing out presents. " it was heartbreaking to see their sad faces and hopelessness in their eyes" said Billy aged 6

Christ we were in the premier League when I first heard that joke.

21 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I don’t understand why it’s taken so long for fans to demand change, including me. 
we had been in the championship for 9 years previous with most seasons seeing us being no where near promotion. That should have been enough for us to demand change. Not wait until we’re 4th in our second season in the third tier. Mid table championship should not be good enough for our club so god knows what near enough mid table in League 1 is. 

Fans did demand change, especially during the Presley era,  in 2013 as well as wanting Pressley out there were a few on here and one F who wanted the academy binned and a team of journeymen signed ( no serious there were) Morton did the journeyman method in 2012/13 and narrowly missed out on promotion and if there had been playoffs in those days I would have fancied them to go up , there was a vocal minority of Falkirk fans who wanted us to scrap the academy and go down that route ourselves, they went quit after Morton got relegated the following season.

There was absolute seeth in 2014 when we didn't make enough effort to get promoted and again that we didn't really bother the year hearts hibs and rangers were in the championship with us instead they gladly took the increased gate money,

That's the problem with fans, they demand a lot but don't always make sense or agree with each other, the reason the board doesn't listen to fans is the same reason players don't listen to auld c***s screamin " get it up the park Falkirk"!  at the top of their lungs, they think we're talking shite and just ignore us

the BOD need to understand that for 25% plus of the support it's a results driven business and if the product is rubbish then they won't pay to see it.

Simply put, the club for its size and fanbase, has consistently underperformed for the majority of the past 30 years. Yes there have been periods of relative success but by and large to not be able to compare ourselves to a StJohnstone, Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Hamilton Athletic shows that the club has been ran by buffoons for so long the fans  have forgotten they have right to expect a decent product and a team worth watching.

I've 3 ST's to renew this year and I'm really struggling to justify why I should bother and not just turn up a couple of times when I really have SFA else to do

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Fans did demand change, especially during the Presley era,  in 2013 as well as wanting Pressley out there were a few on here and one F who wanted the academy binned and a team of journeymen signed ( no serious there were) Morton did the journeyman method in 2012/13 and narrowly missed out on promotion and if there had been playoffs in those days I would have fancied them to go up , there was a vocal minority of Falkirk fans who wanted us to scrap the academy and go down that route ourselves, they went quit after Morton got relegated the following season.

There was absolute seeth in 2014 when we didn't make enough effort to get promoted and again that we didn't really bother the year hearts hibs and rangers were in the championship with us instead they gladly took the increased gate money,

That's the problem with fans, they demand a lot but don't always make sense or agree with each other, the reason the board doesn't listen to fans is the same reason players don't listen to auld c***s screamin " get it up the park Falkirk"!  at the top of their lungs, they think we're talking shite and just ignore us

No one would be even mentioning the academy imo if Hartley had signed a team of higher quality players with the money saved rather than a team of jobbers.

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

No one would be even mentioning the academy imo if Hartley had signed a team of higher quality players with the money saved rather than a team of jobbers.

Money saved? The academy made us money it didn't cost us anything really. Christ since closure the add ons and  sales of the likes of gallacher and Kingsley brought in more cash than anything it would've cost us to run the bloody thing.