The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

That Holt deleting emails chat is wild.  Absolutely no self awareness.  

Lots of talk about creating a fans fund and shouts for BTB or other fans groups to take the lead in organising some meaningful protest.  All very commendable but 99% of the team those suggesting it expect someone else to take the lead.  These things are hard to mobilise.  

I wonder how much visibility the Rawlins have had of our last 12 years of failure.  Maybe pressure needs to be applied there to educate the Rawlins about the state of what they've bought into and to force them to step up sooner rather than later.  Let's face it they're very unlkely to have heard anything negative from MSG or Deans.  

Do any of the fans groups have direct contact details/email/any other way of getting this message over?  If so, now is probably a good time to step up and make our voices heard.  Might be a quicker solution that trying to starve the MSG out (which based on past experience is only likely to make them even more stubborn). 

It’s all well and good to talk about banding together and fighting the good fight, etc., but there is one problem. Successful movements of this sort generally require a target, something you can hang on the wall and toss darts at, something for people to hate. With FFC the choices are too varied...MSG, BoD, the moron they’ve appointed to manage this week, the players, etc. The only monolithic target is FFC, which you wish to save, so you risk destroying the team to save it. If the ownership can be directed/trained, the BoD should be the target, otherwise the ownership must change...and since they just brought in Rawlins, that’s a tall order.

3 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Obviously, if the content is threatening or of a personal nature then it would be unacceptable. If it’s stuff like “get the f**k out of our club” or “you/the BoD are ruining our club” then he needs to take that stuff squarely on the chin to the point that he doesn’t bring it up on the radio!

If it involved any kind of physical threat to himself or anyone in his life, then deleting them is absolutely the right thing to do......in fact, reporting them would have been even better.

I believe emails were all sent to the address the club listed for people wishing to apply for the manager’s job. People using it to vent their frustrations at owners who give the out the perception that no-one other than themselves really matters, and this is where you end up.

If you cast your mind back, the “new board” were appointed following a “new rigorous independent process” which sounds broadly similar to what Holt is claiming for the appointment of the next manager. I don’t get a warm and fuzzy feeling about that.

Deans claimed to have worked for months with the new guys on bringing in new investment, improving club communications, and improving club transparency, encouraging greater fan involvement in the club , and rebuild confidence and trust in how the club is run.

I suppose one out a five ain’t bad, but my God, some of the other stuff has been rendered much worse.

Maybe learning the difference between “responsibility” and “privilege” would have been a good starting point, but I guess some people just never learn.

I guess the “supporter involvement” the board will be most interested in is season ticket sales. Fully expect that to be churned out soon, and the sense that anyone who doesn’t buy one is just “damaging the club”.....you know by now how it works. Good luck with that.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Sod this running the club by committee - we need a dictator. 

Dictator leader Orchestrator with vision and entrepreneurial ability call it what you want but running a football club by a committee of management consultants  is only going  result in one thing - Failure 

Edited by Stainrod

Those running the club don't care.

I don’t understand why it’s taken so long for fans to demand change, including me. 
we had been in the championship for 9 years previous with most seasons seeing us being no where near promotion. That should have been enough for us to demand change. Not wait until we’re 4th in our second season in the third tier. Mid table championship should not be good enough for our club so god knows what near enough mid table in League 1 is. 

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Don't want to alarm you Bairns, but Presley was on BBC radio Scotland saying he had a new job but couldn't announce it...If NOT Falkirk where is he likely so turn up? 

I’d imagine somewhere in Scotland. Championship level, Inverness maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite the comical nature of the recent collapse, I still think Falkirk have a decent chance of getting promoted this season.

I'm not kidding.

MT you have no clue how bad we are. Genuinely playing to the standard of a league 2 mid table team. Zero exaggeration 

Just now, bairn88 said:

MT you have no clue how bad we are. Genuinely playing to the standard of a league 2 mid table team. Zero exaggeration 

Beat me to it. Our defending of the basic stuff (crosses, balls over the top) is beyond woeful & our players show zero commitment. I watched the Arbroath game on Friday: 2 teams with limited abilities in a tense game with not much skill on show but at least they played as cohesive units. They were both so far ahead of us, it's frightening.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I'll take your word for that, but the side is capable of being better than that, as proven by the position reached earlier in the season.

I think it's unlikely that the club will slip below 4th next week.  Thereafter, it's not inconceivable that you won't actually lose again to someone like Airdrie, then Morton.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'll take your word for that, but the side is capable of being better than that, as proven by the position reached earlier in the season.

I think it's unlikely that the club will slip below 4th next week.  Thereafter, it's not inconceivable that you won't actually lose again to someone like Airdrie, then Morton.

It is very inconceivable.