The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
7 minutes ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

United supporter here interested in Youth Develoment.

How have our 2 loanee's got on ?

Neilson looks a quality player and has the makings of going really far in the game. I prefer him at RB to CB as it utilises his attacking qualities. Due to injuries he’s partnering another young CB so there’s moments of madness happening as you would expect through inexperience. Might be able to step up to United next season but suspect a loan to the top end championship would be better for his development.

Fotheringham is still miles off it. Shows wee glimpses of what he can do but most definitely is a few years of being ready to play for you. Probably harsh but I don’t see him making it anywhere near high as Neilson can. He doesn’t look as good as Mochrie.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

5 minutes ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

United supporter here interested in Youth Develoment.

How have our 2 loanee's got on ?

Neilson is a really good prospect.

Hard to judge Fotheringham really. Hasn’t looked great but really harsh on him to be thrown into such a shower of shite.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Football is cyclical for the vast majority of clubs in this country. Over a 50yr span similar clubs will swap roles. I'd be amazed if we don't hit the 3rd tier, or at least come close, within that time frame. Falkirk will spend a spell in the top flight aswell.

Crowd size means next to f**k all. Unless your support is over 10k, then the difference between the full time clubs is negligible. We make more from off the field income than Falkirk will in matchday income even if we shared a division, so why are we apparently "meant" to be below them, when our income is higher? Because they have ~1000 more people clapping every week?

Where on earth did I say, or even vaguely imply, that Falkirk are "meant" to be above St Johnstone?

It could not be further from my actual position on the matter.  

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Where on earth did I say, or even vaguely imply, that Falkirk are "meant" to be above St Johnstone?

It could not be further from my actual position on the matter.  

I didn't say you did, I was just saying it in general as it's common to see statements along those lines.

Ask a Fakirk fans to rank every club by "size", and they'd be above us in them all, despite having lower income over a season, less major honours in the last 100 years, and a smaller stadium.

It baffles me that so many people think an extra 1000 fans make any difference at this level.

1 hour ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

The fact St Johnstone rarely draw more than 3,000 locals to home games is irrelevant. Their entire set up highlights how bad ours is. Remember, they were in the bottom tier in the mid 80s too when Muirton was a crumbling wreck. 

Too many of our support are happy to treck along for their fortnightly escapism and accept the sub-standard dross on offer. Like the Tartan Army, the 'experience' out ways the result meaning mediocrity becomes acceptable. 

I remember a home defeat to Cowdenbeath in the promotion collapse season of 1978-79. Huge demonstration outside the main stand at full time with a certain Kevin McAllister one of those leading the protest. 

The club is in serious danger of falling back to those times if change isn't delivered. 

..........the big worry is that our BoD will simply use all of the familiar old tactics to try to ensure that they come out of this unscathed. For me, this isn’t solely about poor players signed up poor managers. Go further up the tree, and you are going to find a poor BoD that has appointed the poor managers, and then onto the owners who appoint a poor BoD.

Just look at the behaviours of the last decade that continue right up to the present day. A board that never ever apologise for anything. So we are doing the same old stuff again. M&M given an extended stay when all  logic pointed to them being less than capable. Eventually, they get thrown under the bus, and the BoD remains unscathed. So what next?

Yep, install Holt into the role with a “get out of jail card” that says regardless of results, it’s not his fault. You also put him front and centre of the search for a new manager. The BoD shuffle around in the background knowing that if things get any worse, they can point to Holt, and throw him under the bus.

The BoD that have a crazy litany of horrendous mistakes remain untouched, and are free to carry on doing as they please as (they hope) the Rawlins buy into any spin they come up with.  It’s about privilege and ego, it’s never about responsibility and accountability.

Finally, we have reached the point where we collectively hope that enough is enough. There’s several people out there who have had “up close and personal” experiences with our board that has fallen a long way short of acceptable, and this comes from a sense of them believing themselves to be bulletproof. Hopefully this time, the story has a different kind of ending. 

Absolutely no question about that, but it's a different argument.
The old Rangers was infinitely bigger than Queens.  It didn't mean they were well run, did it?

St Johnson’s and Accies are both punching above their weight and credit lies with their boards and how well they run the clubs.

16 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

If season ticket sales remain stable there's absolutely no incentive for the club to change .

I agree with withholding funds until there is meaningful change, which is why in the last two years I've not bought a season ticket and put in 1x PPV buy and 3x split gates in the cups. 

I've bought every single away stream and went to the vast majority of away games last season.

13 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

St Johnson’s and Accies are both punching above their weight and credit lies with their boards and how well they run the clubs.

Ok thanks for telling me.

When you get a minute, can you advise me of the colour of grass.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I agree with withholding funds until there is meaningful change, which is why in the last two years I've not bought a season ticket and put in 1x PPV buy and 3x split gates in the cups. 

I've bought every single away stream and went to the vast majority of away games last season.

I don't understand why so many buy season tickets these days anyway.

Other than for the biggest clubs, getting in is not going to be a problem.

PATG and keep the buggers on their toes.   Custom for an entire year should not be surrendered unconditionally in advance.

2 hours ago, MS RR said:

I've been saying this recently, we do well to have a good local fanbase considering we're on the doorstep of Glasgow. We have to promote the club and create some form of entertaining football to pull a younger generation into supporting Falkirk. We used to be renowned for playing eye-catching football and performing to at least a decent standard. If kids are watching this dross now, then how on earth do you stop them wanting to watch Rangers and Celtic? Gary Holt certainly isn't the answer because he has no problem with playing shit football and he's our director of football. It's just so depressing. 

Nevermind Rangers and Celtic, there’s the EPL to be devoured too for youngsters.

My nephew is part of the local youth set up but Falkirk FC is of very little interest. Me at the same age and I was all over all things FFC because, well, I didn’t know any better but it was also entertaining under Jeffries.

I think the area is too big population wise now to see sub 1000 crowds like the 70s but I could certainly see 2000 being a stretch the way it’s going.

1 hour ago, Should know better at 70 said:

Derek Ferguson on BBC Radio Scotland before the the Partick Thistle game on Tuesday, noted that Gary Holt had gone from ruling himself out completely for the Head coaches job top maybe he changed his mind. Tongue in cheek remark was "All applications be sent directly to Gary Holt at Falkirk FC and if Gary wanted the job he could delete these emails"

Was talking about his reaction to the fans emailing him their anger and disgust and him saying he was just deleting them.  

43 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Was talking about his reaction to the fans emailing him their anger and disgust and him saying he was just deleting them.  

Obviously, if the content is threatening or of a personal nature then it would be unacceptable. If it’s stuff like “get the f**k out of our club” or “you/the BoD are ruining our club” then he needs to take that stuff squarely on the chin to the point that he doesn’t bring it up on the radio!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

17 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

f**k me who stole the jam out your doughnut?

:lol: Yeah, sorry about that.

There just seems to be a theme of people misinterpreting what I'm saying, then pointing things out to me as if they contradict my points, when they simply don't.

I don’t understand why it’s taken so long for fans to demand change, including me. 
we had been in the championship for 9 years previous with most seasons seeing us being no where near promotion. That should have been enough for us to demand change. Not wait until we’re 4th in our second season in the third tier. Mid table championship should not be good enough for our club so god knows what near enough mid table in League 1 is. 

26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Fair comment and similar to what I would normally post.  The difference for many of us whether we are fully fledged ST holders, PATG or armchair supporters is that we’ve now suffered three horrendous years of abject failure.

Yes I’ve done the die hard supporter part, cup runs, Vaduz, friendlies at the parts of the  UK you can hardly find on a map. 

Maybe it’s just too early to fully condemn  the way the club is being run, as with Rawlins most likely to bring his style and pedigree to the club. 

However the only way we can make change is to keep our cash until we at least see the appropriate changes. 

I would make it four years. Houston/Hartley season was papered over by the worst team ever in the top two tiers in Brechin City and three end-of-season wins.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Hmm...

The Rawlings will be despondent as stage 1 of their plan has derailed. They need us to be higher up the leagues to make any serious money as players agents. 
The whole thing is a mess now the MSG are real supporters but even they must accept however talented they are in business they can’t compete in the rough n tumble of Scottish fitba -their overstayed tenure is turning from a calamity to a disaster.The latest bunch of muppets they have appointed to run the club are full of people in their own image accountants and consultants but no real winners are around who can lead the club out of this mess. I said a few years ago we were the next third lanark - to big to collapse into oblivion . Looks to me like we are well on the way !