The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's an argument there, but such logic would see St Johnstone considered a much bigger club than Falkirk.  I don't think that's the case though.

I'm saying none of this in defence of Falkirk by the way.  I think the relatively large size of the club makes the current difficulties worse/funnier.

I’ve been invited to St Johnstone’s Golf Days for years, and chatted away to other guys there and their Directors, folks that help run the club. Obviously being consistently in the top division their income is twice the size of ours. If you are in the top division you can be run efficiently even with smaller home crowds. They are without doubt run miles better than Falkirk on and off the field. 

8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Rubbish- our home support is bigger than Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Motherwell. 

Iirc last time we were both in the championship, Partick were averaging crowds of 2700 while we were getting over 4000.

The Rawlins even said the main reason they invested was because we had the 9th biggest support in Scotland while getting relegated from the championship.

Support can fall off a cliff edge in 2 -3 seasons and not come back.

From 8-9000 during the Cunningham era to 8-900 in the Hagart reign all done in 3 seasons and they never came back.

Got out the habit, not putting up with the shit, getting ripped off, finding something else to do on a Saturday. We are in real danger of a repeat and will be where we are for years to come.

Next 3 month decides where we are for the next 5 years.

16 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

and cue the seasonal I won't be buying a season ticket but actually buy a season ticket but tell everyone I won't be buying a season ticket charade

If you want to buy your season ticket that’s fine. It’s a vote for the status quo though. As long as folk are happy with that then that’s on them.

37 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

and cue the seasonal I won't be buying a season ticket but actually buy a season ticket but tell everyone I won't be buying a season ticket charade

Talking about not buying a season ticket then buying one in this period of the clubs history does seem to be a complete act of folly. Working some weekends means I’ve always been a PAYG fan so I’ve never got into the habit of buying them so it might be easy for me to say that but surely a line needs to be drawn. 

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Guest Ecosse83
39 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I’ve got a decision to make. I’ve not had one for a while and was going to get one next season for me and my wee boy who was going to start going to the games. 

Unless there is real change I’m definitely swaying towards patg if the product improves! 

24 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

If you want to buy your season ticket that’s fine. It’s a vote for the status quo though. As long as folk are happy with that then that’s on them.

Yep. You lose the right to complain really if you put more money in the pockets of these clowns. I get the 'boys just want to get out of the house 9n a Saturday and support their team' argument but don't be surprised if your team is absolutely fucking garbage. 

I never bought one last season. When the Rawlin's money was anounced and the likes of LM left the board I stupidly bought one this season thinking real change was about to happen. I won't be buying one next season unless the change at board level happens.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I never bought one last season. When the Rawlin's money was anounced and the likes of LM left the board I stupidly bought one this season thinking real change was about to happen. I won't be buying one next season unless the change at board level happens.

Exact same position as me. Didn’t buy last season and duped into burning my money this year.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m not buying one for next season unless there is a massive shift of personnel and attitude at the club over the next 2/3 months.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not buying one for next season unless there is a massive shift of personnel and attitude at the club over the next 2/3 months.

There are big decision to be made at the club mate and they are going to shape the direction the club takes in the coming years. If they continue the trend of getting things wrong they will lose fans forever.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's an argument there, but such logic would see St Johnstone considered a much bigger club than Falkirk.  I don't think that's the case though.

If you look at the last 10 or 20 years, St Johnstone are one of the most successful clubs in Scottish football, but I’d still agree with you. Recency bias would have them easily in the top 10 clubs, but you’ve still got to account for the historical side of things.

I’d still put them on a similar level of club as Falkirk, Thistle, St Mirren and Dunfermline. Up until the Premiership era, they were probably smaller in stature than these clubs (smaller crowds, zero national trophies won, simply a yo-yo club between the first and second tiers like those other four). But their consistency has been excellent and if they keep it up for much longer you can probably move them up to the tier with Killie & Motherwell.

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

There are big decision to be made at the club mate and they are going to shape the direction the club takes in the coming years. If they continue the trend of getting things wrong they will lose fans forever.

I think we’ll lose a whole generation of fans pal. The clubs a mess.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If you look at the last 10 or 20 years, St Johnstone are one of the most successful clubs in Scottish football, but I’d still agree with you. Recency bias would have them easily in the top 10 clubs, but you’ve still got to account for the historical side of things.

I’d still put them on a similar level of club as Falkirk, Thistle, St Mirren and Dunfermline. Up until the Premiership era, they were probably smaller in stature than these clubs (smaller crowds, zero national trophies won, simply a yo-yo club between the first and second tiers like those other four). But their consistency has been excellent and if they keep it up for much longer you can probably move them up to the tier with Killie & Motherwell.

St Johnstone are everything we aren't. They are a well run club who own a completed stadium that makes them money. We are a badly run club, who don't own our incomplete stadium that costs us money. The custodians of our club should really hang their heads in shame for the way they have managed us and I'm not just talking about Martin Ritchie and Sandy Alexander. 

My take on all this is accountability. I understand supporter’s frustration but Gary Holt is literary just put his foot in the door, he is filling in as interim coach and he made it clear he did not want the managers job when he was appointed.

Generally as a rule of thumb when businesses fail it is usual for someone in the hierarchy to suffer the consequences. Our chairman is a prime example of this, he has been critical in the past of fans views but it appears he is failing to deliver what he was tasked to do, in the same boat as M&M. I know he comes across as a fairly decent chairman but the bottom line is he should be replaced as a a club we are failing big time under his stewardship. It’s all about consistency.

Just like our team managers

Houston - Failed- sacked
Hartley - Failed-sacked
McKinnon - Failed- sacked
M&M - Failed-sacked

As a main figurehead within the club responsible for delivering and driving our 3/5/7/9 years strategy (whatever it as as it change) from month to month) I’m afraid to say is woeful with no sign of any improvement - It could be argued that we have not just stagnated but got worse.

For me it inescapable - He should be replaced, not walk but simple be removed.

15 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

St Johnstone are brilliantly run and as you said of late have been really successful. I’m really impressed with them. The thing which is even more impressive is that the people of Perth and surrounding areas haven’t really bought into it support wise which is a shame however that’s not held the club back. Well done Saints 👏.

I’ve also always thought of Killie as a bigger club than Motherwell. When Killie are doing well I think they have potential to get a bigger crowd although Tbf Killie is a bigger town.

Again with St Mirren, Paisley is much, much bigger than Falkirk or Dunfermline so if St Mirren keep getting it right on the pitch they have excellent potential.

Partick probably have the worst attendance in Scotland if you look at gate vs population however we are all aware of the 2 reasons for that and it won’t ever change.

What’s not up for debate is that of all the clubs mentioned, Falkirk are the worst run with the worst team.

37 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’ve got a decision to make. I’ve not had one for a while and was going to get one next season for me and my wee boy who was going to start going to the games. 

Unless there is real change I’m definitely swaying towards patg if the product improves! 

The season tickets are your decision, but don’t think twice about not introducing your son to following Falkirk. Maybe one day he’ll see us win something again or be a half decent team. 

I might not see us win anything, but hope my son and daughter do, and they will be thankful that someone introduced them to it all, even though life is shit just now. 

The results are terrible, but there has been worse times.