The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Tbh i just meant the situation. Not the content you talk about. I dont look/post of every teams page. It is just quite funny seeing a huge team like falkirk make such an arse of it

We've been doing it for years now.

5 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Also, the cheek to constantly go on about the team being young when you were involved with signing them at a crucial point in the season. It’s not even like they are our young players that we are developing, we are getting zero benefit out of these players. They aren’t good enough just now and they won’t be with us if they become good later.

Is it even true? I know you have a couple of teenagers playing centre half and the boy Fotheringham on the wing, but surely most of the rest of the team aren’t exactly youngsters just starting out? Sammon, Alston, Gomis, Miller, even Sean Kelly and Scott Mercer have played plenty of games, almost entirely at levels above this.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is it even true? I know you have a couple of teenagers playing centre half and the boy Fotheringham on the wing, but surely most of the rest of the team aren’t exactly youngsters just starting out? Sammon, Alston, Gomis, Miller, even Sean Kelly and Scott Mercer have played plenty of games, almost entirely at levels above this.

He is just spouting pish, we are not a young team. Lots of experience in that team. He keeps going on about a young team but for me he is mixing up the words young and shite. Holt is a fucking joker who needs to bolt.

I totally get guys that support other teams coming on here to take the pish, fair enough we are completely deserving of the ridicule.

Is it too much to ask that though that the standard of slagging be worth reading?

Most of the stuff so far is feeble, banal and sadly lacking in imagination.

The football is shite at least give us a wee giggle as a consolation.

You guys were shafted, like us by the SPFL, last summer. We will remember the support you gave us and your refusal to contribute to the legal costs of Raith, Cove and the Arabs. 

I hope and fully expect the Jags to field the strongest team possible. Apparently we now have 5 injured players, some of whom shouldn't have played v Falkirk  on Thursday. 

Nevertheless I am confident we will do our best to prevent a Montrose win next Tuesday! 

Best of luck in the playoff games. 

2 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

You guys were shafted, like us by the SPFL, last summer. We will remember the support you gave us and your refusal to contribute to the legal costs of Raith, Cove and the Arabs. 

I hope and fully expect the Jags to field the strongest team possible. Apparently we now have 5 injured players, some of whom shouldn't have played v Falkirk  on Thursday. 

Nevertheless I am confident we will do our best to prevent a Montrose win next Tuesday! 

Best of luck in the playoff games. 

All I’m taking from this is that we got pumped 5-0 off a team with 5 injured players.

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I totally get guys that support other teams coming on here to take the pish, fair enough we are completely deserving of the ridicule.

Is it too much to ask that though that the standard of slagging be worth reading?

Unfortunately I’d expect nothing less the other way.  When we were cutting about at the level you are at now getting cuffed 5-0 by Stranraer and finishing 7th, we had a fair few from the other side of Kincardine with their “hilarious” gifs and memes.  While we sat there and said, “yeh we know we’re shite”.   🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It’s quite hard to be original in humour against you because to be honest, Falkirk being so shockingly bad and finding new ways to get worse, takes the edge off how turgid we are.  The material has already been used up, and credit where it’s due, the gallows humour is so apparent, you’re doing a better job taking the piss out yourselves than any opponent could.

To end,

Get it right fuckin up ye 😉

image.gif.2196ea5897996d05edae2d5bca153c4e.gif

Edited by parsboi
Feckin typos

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Ok

i was walking passed the Falkirk Stadium the other day and saw a Falkirk Season Ticket nailed to a tree. " I'm having that" I thought, you can never have too many nails

4 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Ok

i was walking passed the Falkirk Stadium the other day and saw a Falkirk Season Ticket nailed to a tree. " I'm having that" I thought, you can never have too many nails

🤣🤣🤣  that's better 

40 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

These Falkirk TV interviews are just a waste of everyone’s time man. Club is an absolute mess and Holt is getting asked shitebag questions for him to easily step through without a fuss.

Also, the cheek to constantly go on about the team being young when you were involved with signing them at a crucial point in the season. It’s not even like they are our young players that we are developing, we are getting zero benefit out of these players. They aren’t good enough just now and they won’t be with us if they become good later.

Hopefully it’s all over come Tuesday night and some sort of purge can begin. Otherwise, this club is well and truly fucked.

It will all be over on Tuesday but where do we go from here?

only team in the league with no wins in the last five games. We are rock bottom on form in the third tier of Scottish football.

what do we do to change things?  Personally I’ve got no faith in Holt, Deans, Kozary or Carrie, so what is the catalyst for change?

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

96F2CD32-D5A8-429C-AD7C-F8F82D940DE7.jpeg.f74bdb28f38e66c0bf563711e3dd55bb.jpeg

You last won a major honour in 1957. 

FFS 🤦 

For what it's worth, I'd say he's about right.

It's an inexact science, but Falkirk probably belongs in that strata of clubs including Dunfermline, Kilmarnock and St Mirren that kicks in after you've dealt with the seven biggest clubs from the four biggest cities.

Thistle are probably berthed somewhere similar too.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

For what it's worth, I'd say he's about right.

It's an inexact science, but Falkirk probably belongs in that strata of clubs including Dunfermline, Kilmarnock and St Mirren that kicks in after you've dealt with the seven biggest clubs from the four biggest cities.

Thistle are probably berthed somewhere similar too.

Nah, Killie and St Mirren are bigger than us. Motherwell too goes without saying. I’ll have Dunfermline and Partick though as similar size.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

1 hour ago, JinkyBairn said:

These Falkirk TV interviews are just a waste of everyone’s time man. Club is an absolute mess and Holt is getting asked shitebag questions for him to easily step through without a fuss.

Hopefully it’s all over come Tuesday night and some sort of purge can begin. Otherwise, this club is well and truly fucked.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Average age of Falkirk starting 11 today - 24.63

Average age of Airdrie starting 11 today - 24.45

So not in relation to one of the sides ahead of them. Not checked Cove, Partick or Montrose's. But doesn't seem a particularly young team regardless.

It's always a stupid excuse anyway, especially if you've had a say in the recruitment. I haven't seen much of Falkirk but I'd wager that 'youngness' is low down on the list of reasons they are where they are at the moment.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

17 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

He's beyond delusional tbh. You'd think this was some sort of long-term development project the way he talks. Whilst we're sitting mid-table in League 1 for God's sake. With three wins in thirteen. There were three young players in today's starting line-up - Neilson, McLelland and Fotheringham. None of them are our players, none will be here next season. So whatever it is they are meant to be learning is certainly not going to be of any benefit to us in the future.. Leitch still appears to be considered a young player but is twenty three and garbage. Deveney has started one league game, is not our player, won't be here next season, beyond pointless. Laverty and Sneddon, who are ours, have not had a second of league football this season. Not a single second.

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if this "young team, still learning" nonsense is now their latest "policy", their newest mantra handed down from his masters in the boardroom to Holt for him to spin every time he finds himself in front of a microphone. They are now so detached from reality that they're now busy convincing themselves that, despite having the biggest playing budget, promotion from League One has to be viewed as a long-term process, some distant objective that we aim to achieve in, well, who knows, two years perhaps, or three if we get the breaks, or five. Maybe longer. That we are being outfought, outthought, outplayed by part-time teams week after week after week will be on no real concern, instead it's a minor blip on the road back to the Championship sometime in the middle of this decade. Got to keep expectations to a realistic level.

9 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Nah, Killie and St Mirren are bigger than us. Motherwell too goes without saying. I’ll have Dunfermline and Partick though as similar size.

Were your gates when last in the top flight well below those of the first three you mention?

I'd have thought they were comparable to be honest, but might well be wrong.

24 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Rubbish- our home support is bigger than Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Motherwell. 

Iirc last time we were both in the championship, Partick were averaging crowds of 2700 while we were getting over 4000.

The Rawlins even said the main reason they invested was because we had the 9th biggest support in Scotland while getting relegated from the championship.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

19 minutes ago, AGPar said:

He's beyond delusional tbh. You'd think this was some sort of long-term development project the way he talks. Whilst we're sitting mid-table in League 1 for God's sake. With three wins in thirteen. There were three young players in today's starting line-up - Neilson, McLelland and Fotheringham. None of them are our players, none will be here next season. So whatever it is they are meant to be learning is certainly not going to be of any benefit to us in the future.. Leitch still appears to be considered a young player but is twenty three and garbage. Deveney has started one league game, is not our player, won't be here next season, beyond pointless. Laverty and Sneddon, who are ours, have not had a second of league football this season. Not a single second.

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if this "young team, still learning" nonsense is now their latest "policy", their newest mantra handed down from his masters in the boardroom to Holt for him to spin every time he finds himself in front of a microphone. They are now so detached from reality that they're now busy convincing themselves that, despite having the biggest playing budget, promotion from League One has to be viewed as a long-term process, some distant objective that we aim to achieve in, well, who knows, two years perhaps, or three if we get the breaks, or five. Maybe longer. That we are being outfought, outthought, outplayed by part-time teams week after week after week will be on no real concern, instead it's a minor blip on the road back to the Championship sometime in the middle of this decade. Got to keep expectations to a realistic level.

I can add to this by referring to that interview he did with Ian Fergus. He was talking about equipping young players in life who don’t make the grade. That sort of thing is surely big league stuff, not a barely middling club like Falkirk. Yes, there’s a way  about going about things but it’s just excessive. I probably wouldn’t have brought this up but, as you said about the “they’re learning” comments, it doesn’t even add up when you consider the current crop of young players currently in our playing squad. 

Thing is, he says it with conviction. You couldn’t mark his neck with a blowtorch.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven