The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Campbell is well suited as the 'underdog' manager. His time in charge of full time teams didn't go great. 

Spot on - one of our worst ever managers and by the time he was sacked our club was in a shambles that took years to recover from. 

but been an absolutely fantastic manager for Brechin, Forfar, Arbroath etc

Edited by third lanark

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I don't think they will.

Can see no more than a few 100 next year buying them.

We will see part time squad next season finances dictate it.

Club will change all right but in the wrong direction.

I'll bet you a hundred quid the now that we won't be part time next season. 

25 minutes ago, Yflab said:

This is a forum for all fans in Scottish fitba. It’s called banter. It’s what actually makes this site as good as anything else in covering Scottish fitba. 

If you don’t want input from other fans use a dedicated Failkirk site rather than one owned by a St Mirren fan. 😂 

I didn’t say I didn’t want it, anything I choose not to read I can just ignore, I’m simply making the point that I’d have absolutely no interest in reading comments relating to any other club. Absolutely zilch. 

1 minute ago, MSG GTF! said:

I didn’t say I didn’t want it, anything I choose not to read I can just ignore, I’m simply making the point that I’d have absolutely no interest in reading comments relating to any other club. Absolutely zilch. 

So use your own dedicated fan site then, or do you not have one?

If this is the best site then God help us. About 95 percent of posters just seem to rotate between certain pages putting images or GIFs of people laughing and thinking it's hilarious.

Tbf it is rather hilarious

2 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Not big enough of a deal to have our own. Yet again though you are completely missing the point.

Just add him to the ignored users list like everyone sensible has done.  And also stop quoting him so he doesn't pop up on my screen, cheers.

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

Good point brer. I always find it strange that fans of other teams choose to come and post on here. No matter how much I dislike other clubs, and there’s plenty I fucking loathe, you couldn’t pay me to waste even a minute of my time or effort trawling through their thread. It’s Falkirk and only Falkirk, nothing else relating to football remotely interests me

Tbh the posters that post on multiple forums are generally the more prolific posters a lot of whom have 20k+ posts which would suggest that P&B is quite a big part of their life or main hobby.

I’ve not got too much of an issue with them as it’s generally harmless.

Just now, Aufc said:

Tbf it is rather hilarious

If you find that hilarious when they are posted on every teams page at one point or another then you really need to get out more.  I'm all for ripping the pish but it needs to be a bit more original and not just the same unimaginative shite over and over again.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If this is the best site then God help us. About 95 percent of posters just seem to rotate between certain pages putting images or GIFs of people laughing and thinking it's hilarious.

By all means, have a pop. It’s the ‘going round in circles’ humour I don’t get.

3 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

How is the five year plan when McKinnon arrived of establishing yourselves as a premier league side in that timeframe?

Plan... competing against Celtic/Sevco by now

Reality... pumped by Peterhead and Montrose

Are you fucking stupid mate ? Clearly it’s not going well.

3 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

How is the five year plan when McKinnon arrived of establishing yourselves as a premier league side in that timeframe?

Too early to say, still got two years to go.

These Falkirk TV interviews are just a waste of everyone’s time man. Club is an absolute mess and Holt is getting asked shitebag questions for him to easily step through without a fuss.

Also, the cheek to constantly go on about the team being young when you were involved with signing them at a crucial point in the season. It’s not even like they are our young players that we are developing, we are getting zero benefit out of these players. They aren’t good enough just now and they won’t be with us if they become good later.

Hopefully it’s all over come Tuesday night and some sort of purge can begin. Otherwise, this club is well and truly fucked.

If you find that hilarious when they are posted on every teams page at one point or another then you really need to get out more.  I'm all for ripping the pish but it needs to be a bit more original and not just the same unimaginative shite over and over again.

Tbh i just meant the situation. Not the content you talk about. I dont look/post of every teams page. It is just quite funny seeing a huge team like falkirk make such an arse of it

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Tbh i just meant the situation. Not the content you talk about. I dont look/post of every teams page. It is just quite funny seeing a huge team like falkirk make such an arse of it

you know what they say "practise makes perfect" and Falkirk are getting good at it. sadly