The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If I was Partick I'd be downing tools and making sure we're stuck down here . One less full time side in the championship.

We have to rest Brian Graham,Zak Rudden, Scott Tiffoney, Stuart bannigan and Ross Docherty because they have been playing through injury and pain and  would be at risk of a serious injury now playing in a meaningless game. But it gives fringe players like Blair Lyons to play a full game and see if he is able to get off the mark with regards to getting goals or not I guess

7 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I don’t think it’s as easy as that mate.

1. I don’t know what the answer is, hence why I’m asking the question. 
2.  These guys hold a bit of clout after their previous efforts. Not sure there would be many people rushing to put their season ticket money in JulioBairns bank account because I’ve decided to start a revolt. 

I agree.

I attended the meetings with Kenny and I think David White was the other guy and agreed to pledge cash when the liars that run the club previously agreed to let the fans buy shares before going back on it for the preferred bid of Mark “Kenny Rogers” Campbell. They are intelligent guys who have the contacts and knowledge to do this kind of stuff. I wouldn’t have a clue how to start something like this.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Did the p***k actually say that, holy f**k get him out the club now.

Chick Young basically jumped on something he said about “not nice things happening on and off the pitch”, mentioned he’s a “big boy” and “keep sending them as they just get deleted”. 

Not my usual style to do this but I think it’s worth mentioning  what we, as fans, are up against. 

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Holt just comes across as an arrogant, obnoxious, unpleasant smartarse. Always a giveaway that there is not a huge amount going on between the ears. Probably the exact qualities that made him so attractive in the first place to the c**s who have destroyed our club. No substance whatsoever. Like Miller and McCracken, gifted a job he has no experience of, or qualifications for. Impossible to take him seriously. Position completely untenable.

I have no idea why some of our fans seem keen to defend Holt in all of this either. He's a smug p***k who talks in riddles to cover up the fact he is full of it, and has done/achieved absolutely f**k all to justify why he has been given the role he has. His role as DoF is to recruit players?? He didn't even recruit the players when he was manager at Livi ffs, Martindale did it for him! Get him binned.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

We have to rest Brian Graham,Zak Rudden, Scott Tiffoney, Stuart bannigan and Ross Docherty because they have been playing through injury and pain and  would be at risk of a serious injury now playing in a meaningless game. But it gives fringe players like Blair Lyons to play a full game and see if he is able to get off the mark with regards to getting goals or not I guess

To be honest, put your U13’s out and let Montrose give you the same kind of humping you gave us on Thursday. These chancers currently masquerading as Falkirk FC don’t deserve to be in the play offs.

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Chick Young basically jumped on something he said about “not nice things happening on and off the pitch”, mentioned he’s a “big boy” and “keep sending them as they just get deleted”. 

Not my usual style to do this but I think it’s worth mentioning  what we, as fans, are up against. 

He needs emptied as well as the rest of them.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

How much lower as a club are we looking to sink?…

Can you give me a genuine reason why Campbell would not, on paper at least, be a good appointment?

Holt has to go too. The thought of that man being responsible for hiring our new manager and shaping the plan to get us out of this hole is terrifying.

Place needs cleared out completely (admin and support staff apart).

Sack everycunt.

Can you give me a genuine reason why Campbell would not, on paper at least, be a good appointment?

A. He doesn’t like us.
B. One defeat and as a fife Cnut, our fans will be on his back and player morale will sink (again)....

Dreadful idea.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

A. He doesn’t like us.
B. One defeat and as a fife Cnut, our fans will be on his back and player morale will sink (again)....

Dreadful idea.

A. Money talks

B. Disagree. He has a proven track record.

EDIT: Let's face it it's never going to happen, but on paper it'd be a very sensible appointment.

Edited by Gaz

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Dick Campbell was an absolute disaster for Thistle at this level. As a full-time team, we finished behind part-time Peterhead and 31 points behind winners Gretna (also comfortably behind Morton), but somehow scraped up undeservedly in the playoffs. Next season, he was pish again in the First Division and finally emptied.

We must have lost a good 25% or so of the regular attendees in the Campbell era. The players and the standard of football was just so, so bad. He undoubtedly gets the best out of players as part-time underdogs, but based on his appalling time with us I think he’d be a really poor appointment for Falkirk.