The Falkirk FC Thread

Just seen an email received by my son, who has bought shares, from Gordon Wright of FFC,that the MSG now hold 37%, Fans 37% and I presume the Rawlins are on 26%.
Apparently, they had interest in buying shares from about 60 individuals.
60 is an incredibly low number, the share issue was set up in an awful way IMO. They priced out fans who wanted to put a couple hundred pounds in by setting the min amount at 400 and were also turning away people who wanted to make a more substantial purchase.

Guest Ecosse83

I just watched Holts interview after Patrick game again. First time I watched it I didn’t pick up on how fuming he looked! I hope he went and have the players full barrel and we at least get some effort today. 

Gotta be in it to win it 😂 (still tipsy from last night) 

60 is an incredibly low number, the share issue was set up in an awful way IMO. They priced out fans who wanted to put a couple hundred pounds in by setting the min amount at 400 and were also turning away people who wanted to make a more substantial purchase.
I got the impression the share issue was more an attempt to shut up some current shareholders who were vocally opposed to the MSG and board.

Hope it hasn't had that impact...

Can Todd come back and finish the season for us now? Yes he’s limited but I’d prefer him over Leitch or Fotherkngham now!

Nope he’s not allowed to play for us again this season. Tbf we’ve already got the invisible diddy midfield position filled with Alston so we don’t really need another one.

I’d genuinely be giving Laverty and Sneddon game time ahead of Leitch btw. Aye they are no probably shite and nowhere close to being remotely good enough but I refuse to believe they will be worse.

As far as Durnan goes I know he will start tonight and I can’t begin to describe how seething that makes me.

14 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Too much free time...but just had a quick thought about a number of the disasters we have had to endure as fans over the past few years. There are undoubtedly numerous not mentioned so please continue to add. 

35A589AC-E404-433D-836F-17291584552B.jpeg

Was listening to Loy on Radio Scotland (I know) before the game on Thursday and he was asked about his spells at Falkirk.

Had a few things to say but felt he wanted to say more but wouldn't for whatever reason.

Agree harsh to put him in your 'list' but see why you did

16 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I will never forget sitting in the stand at McDiarmid and we were 2 up and they had just scored from a pen and I was pissed off. We were kicking off and I really wasn't paying attention to the pitch and I could feel my mate sitting next to me rising from his seat and suddenly everyone around me was doing the same. I looked at the pitch just in time to see the ball fly over Lindsay Hamilton the St Johnstone keepers head. The place fucking erupted with bodies flying everywhere.

A few months later we were in the bar of the Leapark Hotel talking to wee Crunchie and he told us at the kick off he had no clue what Simon was going to do and all he said to him was just touch the ball Kev and the next thing it was flying over Hamilton's head.

The man was an absolute God who will forever be the best player I have ever or will ever see in a navy blue jersey. The thoughts of that day in Perth still gives me goosebumps.

I actually have so much sympathy for young Bairns fans who never got to see a full Brockville or some of the great players we have had through the years. Imagine your early memories being the absolute drivel we have had in recent years, such a shame.

I was there as well and will never forget the goal and the feeling it gave you. what memories.

But we are in the here and now and it don't look good

Nope he’s not allowed to play for us again this season. Tbf we’ve already got the invisible diddy midfield position filled with Alston so we don’t really need another one.

I’d genuinely be giving Laverty and Sneddon game time ahead of Leitch btw. Aye they are no probably shite and nowhere close to being remotely good enough but I refuse to believe they will be worse.

As far as Durnan goes I know he will start tonight and I can’t begin to describe how seething that makes me.
Laverty must surely, SURELY as a young player who has been treated well by the club through some rough injuries be absolutely champing at the bit to get in and show he can give more than a Leitch for example.

We must be at the stage of throwing in the "will work his socks off, limited talent" guy over the "marginally more talent but demonstrably cannot be arsed" guy.

17 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I will never forget sitting in the stand at McDiarmid and we were 2 up and they had just scored from a pen and I was pissed off. We were kicking off and I really wasn't paying attention to the pitch and I could feel my mate sitting next to me rising from his seat and suddenly everyone around me was doing the same. I looked at the pitch just in time to see the ball fly over Lindsay Hamilton the St Johnstone keepers head. The place fucking erupted with bodies flying everywhere.

A few months later we were in the bar of the Leapark Hotel talking to wee Crunchie and he told us at the kick off he had no clue what Simon was going to do and all he said to him was just touch the ball Kev and the next thing it was flying over Hamilton's head.

The man was an absolute God who will forever be the best player I have ever or will ever see in a navy blue jersey. The thoughts of that day in Perth still gives me goosebumps.

I actually have so much sympathy for young Bairns fans who never got to see a full Brockville or some of the great players we have had through the years. Imagine your early memories being the absolute drivel we have had in recent years, such a shame.

Me and my mates used to drink in the Leapark when we were young and Kevin Drinkell used to stay there when he first signed for us. We used to speak to him and he was a sound bloke (he used to smoke like a lum)

As you said Harry, Crunchie was in their back and forth and Mojo too.

Compare just those 3 to the crap we have now ? Oh dear.

Guest Ecosse83
47 minutes ago, Russ said:

Agree 100% regarding Durnan. I’ll be seething if I see him in a Falkirk shirt ever again

Yes, me too. We definitely were two up before they pulled a goal back with the dodgy penalty after Paul Wright crumpled. Martin Boyle had nothing on him in that regard.

Often forgotten is Ian Westwater's magnificent performance that day in utterly atrocious wet conditions. His handling was perfect as Saints laid siege to us in the second half.

On a personal note that game is special as my brother was a SJ season ticket holder at the time. He always sat right up the back of the East Stand (opposite main stand). I could see him celebrating their goal, and also see the celebrations halt as The Great One launched his shot over Lindsay Hamilton.

Best limbs ever. What a memory. Only approached in that era by the chaos on the steep covered terrace after big Greg Shaw nodded in the equaliser at EEP in front of 13,000 fans.

Sigh.

Never mind, I'm sure our gallant warriors will play with a smile on their face as we bid to avoid finishing 27th in the Scottish league system. That would be our lowest finish since 1979.