The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Sacking Houston wasn't a disaster. He was serving his notice, had lost the dressing room and had his tactical arse felt by Kilmarnock and Mckinnon's Dundee Utd during the previous two years' play offs. Fully agree with the rest, though. We've been Leeroy Jenkins ever since.

Tbf I felt that over the two games against Dundee United we were far the better team just never took many chances, especially at home. That fluke winner from Dixon was a kick in the balls. 

14 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Mark Campbell saga 

Plus the Alan Gow sporting director/trying to buy the club with his consortium.

The Beginning of that starts with Craig Campbell an absolute fraud of a man.

Said it once and I’ll say it again, Houston should’ve been moved on after Dundee United play off games, loved him when he was in charge but the similarities between how his tenure at Dundee United went and with us shows he can’t build a squad, he won the cup with Avrils team and the majority of our successes were at the club before him ( not saying he didn’t improve them) Grant, Vaulks Leahy etc.

22 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If I can make another post in all seriousness the playoff result against us probably should be on that list. Falkirk were doing really well in the Championship two years in a row with tough competition. 

That tie was 5 years ago now and every year since you have got worse it seems.  There’s no denying from me that if you had got through that tie it could well be my own club sitting in League One for a few seasons just now.

I hold no ill feeling towards that team though. A bunch of (on paper) very average players, plus will vaulks, tried like bears all season. Our race was fucking run after that first leg, it was a miracle we won it. By all accounts players were out on their arse going into that 2nd leg. The old man is a killie fan and doesn’t think much of Clark, but he got his tactics brutally spot on that day. Big, fit boys (was it Magennis and some other huge lad you had) running at us for the first 20 mins - don’t think anything we could’ve done that day would’ve got a different result. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Good to see the club get on board with this weekend’s campaign to highlight mental health issues. 

Sure they were very considerate of the impact to the persons mental health who they shamefully and wrongly called a racist. Did they ever publicly apologise for that? 

7 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Phil and Carrie Rawlins have just made a substantial investment with more on the way in order to get to the premiership league.

They rightly won’t even be considering part time football. We’d be as well preparing to become the next Clyde or Airdrie if that’s our level of ambition.

I wouldn’t be too sure of the “more on the way” bit of business. I don’t think Phil Rawlins has had very much involvement up to now. His missus is the one on the other end of the zoom calls, and remember, all of their public utterances to date is flowery pish telling us how wonderful our Chairman and board is, so right away, that opinion puts them completely at odds with the vast majority of the support.

16 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Good to see the club get on board with this weekend’s campaign to highlight mental health issues. 

Sure they were very considerate of the impact to the persons mental health who they shamefully and wrongly called a racist. Did they ever publicly apologise for that? 

The board of FFC don’t apologise for anything. The closest you would ever get is the Media 101 course teachings.........don’t apologise, but do say you are sorry that they they feel aggrieved at being called “racist”.

2 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Too much free time...but just had a quick thought about a number of the disasters we have had to endure as fans over the past few years. There are undoubtedly numerous not mentioned so please continue to add. 

35A589AC-E404-433D-836F-17291584552B.jpeg

You forgot about the wonderful intervention by our then commercial manager threatening legal action against our own support for copyright infringement on something that wasn’t covered by a copyright. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I would imagine so but if i was SA or MR i would be worried about getting a boot in the balls from Rawlins after us doing a Mortonesque collapse in the league.

Don’t think anyone could shame those two arrogant old b*stards to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You forgot about the wonderful intervention by our then commercial manager threatening legal action against our own support for copyright infringement on something that wasn’t covered by a copyright. 

Added mate. Extras so far are: 

1. Club badge copyright debacle  2. Alan Gow.  3. Kenny Rogers / Mark Campbell saga.  4. The “Our Time” and “Follow Your Leaders” embarrassing campaigns.  5. The “Superfan” shockingly being a pure and utter c*ck to real fans. 

Just now, BooBairn said:

1. Club badge copyright debacle  2. Alan Gow.  3. Kenny Rogers / Mark Campbell saga.  4. The “Our Time” and “Follow Your Leaders” embarrassing campaigns.  5. The “Superfan” shockingly being a pure and utter c*ck to real fans. 

Falkirk Family 

1 minute ago, BooBairn said:

Have we done 'falsely accuse the fanbase of both racism and threatening Campbell?

8 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Giving Mark Durnan a 2 year deal.

So 24 hours after our new and hopefully final "rock bottom" we are all hurting like hell and trying to remember the good times. The fact is- none of it matters and none of it can be changed. The future however, CAN BE changed. We must as a fan base, stop financing the club with immediate effect - No season tickets, no sponsorship, no 50/50s- NOTHING AT ALL.. Then they will not be able to afford overpaid pish, two managers and a DOF in the third tier of Scottish football. They will also not be able to pay superfan his 80k rent for the stand he "built for the club". What we MUST do is set up a bank account run by fans we entrust, and put every penny we would have spent on the above into it until we have enough to get rid of the MSG, even if we have to overpay, in return for a say in running the club, OUR club, to the best of our abilities. We had guys come close to this before and i am sure there are plenty others out there would be savvy enough to run our club properly moving forward. A club with a two year plan, a five year plan, 7 year plan and a 10 year plan, reviewed on each occasion and targets set and achieved. Within this plan, we must also buy the stadium from Falkirk council to help fund the club for the years ahead. We should comfatably be a club in the lower end of Scotland's top division if we are run correctly, but i fear if we do not take this opportunity now, we are in danger of becoming the team everybody wants to beat in the third division of scottish football, until we fade away and become a memory for good.

Guest Peter LaFleur
51 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Still seething at Durnan

If Durnan was absolutely crocked and couldn’t run then Holt has to come out and defend him taking full responsibility. If it’s down to laziness and lack of fucks then he shouldn’t play another game for us. He’s hopeless anyway so should be released in a couple of weeks time.

Edited by Peter LaFleur