The Falkirk FC Thread

Alston was gash at Accies - down a couple of divisions was never going to make that much of a difference, there are strikers in Highland League (and probably Lowland although I'm not as familiar) who would put in far more of an effort

I can remember Stainrod being there. I can remember fighting with my brother about who got to select him as their favourite player on the Junior Bairns membership. Unfortuntely as far as vivid memories of seeing him play, they just arent there. Its kinda the same with all the greats of that era. I know I was there to see him, Cadette, big Crawford, McGivern et al but im fucked if I can recall any detail.

9 minutes ago, marello said:

Alston was gash at Accies - down a couple of divisions was never going to make that much of a difference, there are strikers in Highland League (and probably Lowland although I'm not as familiar) who would put in far more of an effort

Our downfall this season is we've had a squad full of players who have had an issue with putting in the amount of effort that is required.

I will never forget sitting in the stand at McDiarmid and we were 2 up and they had just scored from a pen and I was pissed off. We were kicking off and I really wasn't paying attention to the pitch and I could feel my mate sitting next to me rising from his seat and suddenly everyone around me was doing the same. I looked at the pitch just in time to see the ball fly over Lindsay Hamilton the St Johnstone keepers head. The place fucking erupted with bodies flying everywhere.

A few months later we were in the bar of the Leapark Hotel talking to wee Crunchie and he told us at the kick off he had no clue what Simon was going to do and all he said to him was just touch the ball Kev and the next thing it was flying over Hamilton's head.

The man was an absolute God who will forever be the best player I have ever or will ever see in a navy blue jersey. The thoughts of that day in Perth still gives me goosebumps.

I actually have so much sympathy for young Bairns fans who never got to see a full Brockville or some of the great players we have had through the years. Imagine your early memories being the absolute drivel we have had in recent years, such a shame.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Just now, knee jerk reaction said:

I was down the front of the stand that day, right behind the goals, their fans were going daft at us when as soon as he hit it you knew it was going in. Can always mind they're fans just going quiet!!

I just amended my original post. Shows how memories change, I thought we were 2 up but googled it and we were 1 up and they had equalised through a pen. 

I think there fans were stunned, being honest so were we. He did stuff regularly that just made your jaw drop in amazement.

Been reading the thread and while I understand why people want things over and done with, I'd rather we (somehow) scrapped through the play offs. Rebuilding in the championship with chance of heading upwards is surely better than another season in league 1. Hopefully change is coming now throughout the club, boardroom right down to the players. Doesn't feel right talking about Stainrod and then comparing that horrow show from last night.

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Been reading the thread and while I understand why people want things over and done with, I'd rather we (somehow) scrapped through the play offs. Rebuilding in the championship with chance of heading upwards is surely better than another season in league 1. Hopefully change is coming now throughout the club, boardroom right down to the players. Doesn't feel right talking about Stainrod and then comparing that horrow show from last night.

I can see your point but I honestly cannot see how this group of players could negotiate their way through the play offs. My biggest fear is somehow managing to get past Cove  or Airdrie and getting an absolute doing off the likes of Morton. That would just depress me even further.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I just amended my original post. Shows how memories change, I thought we were 2 up but googled it and we were 1 up and they had equalised through a pen. 

I think there fans were stunned, being honest so were we. He did stuff regularly that just made your jaw drop in amazement.

We were two up inside ten minutes. Started the game on fire - yes, that was a thing for us once. 

Stainrod's goal trumps everything - rightly - so easy to forget what a brilliant game that was. We had some great battles with St Johnstone in that period, two evenly matched teams with attack minded managers. The contrast in the status of the two clubs at the moment is glaring. 

That Durnan attempt is awful, but it’s not helped by McClelland. He steps out and gets his position all wrong and makes it so easy for Rudden to run in behind. He gets less slack tbf due to his age. Durnan on the other hand is awful we all know that but I think he was playing and still injured.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

We were two up inside ten minutes. Started the game on fire - yes, that was a thing for us once. 

Stainrod's goal trumps everything - rightly - so easy to forget what a brilliant game that was. We had some great battles with St Johnstone in that period, two evenly matched teams with attack minded managers. The contrast in the status of the two clubs at the moment is glaring. 

I thought we were 2 up and they scored through a pen but when I googled it the only reference I could find to it spoke of us being 1 up and them equalising through a Mark Traynor pen. My memory hadn't been as bad as I thought.

I can see your point but I honestly cannot see how this group of players could negotiate their way through the play offs. My biggest fear is somehow managing to get past Cove  or Airdrie and getting an absolute doing off the likes of Morton. That would just depress me even further.
If you thought there was even a chance of us competing in it then aye, id agree. I just dont see it though.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If you thought there was even a chance of us competing in it then aye, id agree. I just dont see it though.

Imagine this thread if we got an absolute pumping off Morton, f**k that for a game of soldiers.

The more I watch that footage of Durnan last night the more rage I feel. This is the sort of thing Falkirk TV should be asking Holt to explain in their next interview with him.  Holt should be made to explain to us fans how that is acceptable and why Durnan isn't being sacked.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just seen an email received by my son, who has bought shares, from Gordon Wright of FFC,that the MSG now hold 37%, Fans 37% and I presume the Rawlins are on 26%.

Apparently, they had interest in buying shares from about 60 individuals.

How does that work with voting at the AGM. Sorry I don't understand all of this kind of stuff. If the fans and Rawlins voted together could they out vote the MSG.

Too much free time...but just had a quick thought about a number of the disasters we have had to endure as fans over the past few years. There are undoubtedly numerous not mentioned so please continue to add. 

35A589AC-E404-433D-836F-17291584552B.jpeg