The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

That team still looks fucking reeking pal. 

It really does. But I don’t see us signing 18 new players so was trying to think what the best outcome may be, realistically. Basically, we’re fucked.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

What part time players would you actually want us to sign? The fact the league was still in our hands this time yesterday despite how shite we’ve been shows the lack of quality in this league.

What teams have you actually watched this season and thought ‘he would do well for us’?

The rest of the teams in this league are no great shakes at all which makes our performance even worse.

Of the top of my head I would suggest Gaston, Little, McKenna and O'Brien from Arbroath are all better than what we have and are all part time. Then from Alloa you have Hetherington, Grant and Trouten who would all do well for us in League one. From our league I admit most of the players who have impressed me are youth players on loan at Montrose (Mochrie and Ballantyne plus some of Thistles side). Scott Brown from Peterhead is an example of a player who preferred to stay part-time rather than a full-time deal with us. He's better than anything we have in the middle of the park. I'm not saying to go part time altogether but to shut the door on players who are more than capable is insane. Having a pool of 5-8 part time players would be advantageous. 

PS. I'm not suggesting for a second that any of the players quoted would jump at a chance to play for us, more that there are quality players out there available on a part time basis.

Edited by wee_bairn

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Morrison seemingly has a clause that he can leave for free if we don't go up so I strongly suspect he'll be away.

Unfortunately Alston is still contracted for next season so hopefully he has a similar clause and we can get rid of him.

Where’s he going to go? He’s pish as well! 

And get Mutch punted as well, he’s not up to it!

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It really does. But I don’t see us signing 18 new players so was trying to think what the best outcome may be, realistically. Basically, we’re fucked.

We need to empty the fucking lot. No other way to go about it. Not a single player out this muck that I would be happy to see in a bairns shirt next season.

The key thing with the next manager has to be contacts. They are once again going to have to build a whole squad, and the use if the loan market is going to be key. If we had an actual manager before the restart, 3 loan signings might have given us the boost we needed to get over the line. Instead M&M went and got laddies who werent able to make an impact and werent even signed as starters really. Only Neilson turned into one.

Someone needs to come in who knows the Scottish lower leagues and the players well. Not someone who makes the same mistake of thinking "iv heard of him, he will therefore stroll this level". We are just getting burned one transfer after another by folk who are on the downslide yet we are sure they will still do a job. It needs to stop. We need players who are at the peak of their ability. A league one standard striker in league one in their prime is going to score more goals than a Conor Sammon.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The key thing with the next manager has to be contacts. They are once again going to have to build a whole squad, and the use if the loan market is going to be key. If we had an actual manager before the restart, 3 loan signings might have given us the boost we needed to get over the line. Instead M&M went and got laddies who werent able to make an impact and werent even signed as starters really. Only Neilson turned into one.

Someone needs to come in who knows the Scottish lower leagues and the players well. Not someone who makes the same mistake of thinking "iv heard of him, he will therefore stroll this level". We are just getting burned one transfer after another by folk who are on the downslide yet we are sure they will still do a job. It needs to stop. We need players who are at the peak of their ability. A league one standard striker in league one in their prime is going to score more goals than a Conor Sammon.

Just to add to that, maybe you can get away with players on the slide a bit if they’re a defender/defensive midfielder  as they can use their experience. When it comes to legs in the middle of the park or attacking threat then I totally agree with you.

Just to add to that, maybe you can get away with players on the slide a bit if they’re a defender/defensive midfielder  as they can use their experience. When it comes to legs in the middle of the park or attacking threat then I totally agree with you.
Even then, Gary Miller has gone off a cliff in the space of a year and Morgaro Gomis is surviving on being usually the best of a bad lot but ultimately, what hes doing isnt really good enough either. But yeah, theres always room for the old stager if they still have the class to replace the legs.

29 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

....oh goodie, another clear out...

We’re bound to improve.

We could put together a team from this website that would improve us..

Someone made a good point earlier though. It's not that we have cheaper players than everyone else..  just shitter ones.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

9 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Morrison is fucking dreadful.  And worse than that has a stupid first name. 

I think we've dragged him down to our level. His crossing and shooting is very poor but he's quite clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the team. I'd like to see him in a better team with a decent RB behind him. As for the rest...

Guest Peter LaFleur
4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think we've dragged him down to our level. His crossing and shooting is very poor but he's quite clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the team. I'd like to see him in a better team with a decent RB behind him. As for the rest...

Agreed. Him with Williamson (if he does sign) down the right hand side would be more than adequate for League 1.

Morrison seemingly has a clause that he can leave for free if we don't go up so I strongly suspect he'll be away.
Unfortunately Alston is still contracted for next season so hopefully he has a similar clause and we can get rid of him.
Yeah hes been linked with us

When we kicked off the season playing with a bit of confidence he looked a standout. I would have thought we would have learned by now with the decent number of players who have been dragged down at us then went on to play and do fine in the league above not to just dismiss folk like him as shite.

That said, id probably only apply that logic to Morrison and Keena out of the current lot. Those two will get games and do ok in the league above if we dont keep them IMO.

So would Kelly, but nobody is really slagging him off tbf.

We are absolutely making decent players look shite, by surrounding them with shite/being a directionless mess of a side and have been for quite a while.