The Falkirk FC Thread

To try and take some positives this might be better longer term. 

My fear was we snuck up somehow under the two clowns and were stuck with them longer term. I'm delighted neither of them are at the club any more.

We need to win League One with a bit of momentum and a team that's good enough to go higher. We'd have has to scrap this lot next season anyway if we didn't want relegated.

I welcome the summer clearout.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Phil and Carrie Rawlins have just made a substantial investment with more on the way in order to get to the premiership league.

They rightly won’t even be considering part time football. We’d be as well preparing to become the next Clyde or Airdrie if that’s our level of ambition.

I'm not talking about spending less, I'm talking about targeting how and where we spend the money. If that means a hybrid team that gets us promoted then great. However, I don't think that 140K is a substantial investment in 2021.

5 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Flappy flappy flap

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:
Don't cry like wee Bairns. Have a suck of your thumb.
 image.png.34c85ea89c0c8a43ccc24e54a757b33f.png

Think we had enough of your attempts at humour when we were all buckled with cringe at your "keepers a vagina" effort last night m8.

Only way this person is going away is if we start getting better results again. Think we can all agree that’s not inconceivable. Either that or boredom. Let him/her enjoy themselves.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

55 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I absolutely get this and think a hybrid model may be our way out. We are scraping the bottom of the full time barrel continually signing dross who really should not be making a living playing football.

Say we pay a squad of full time players £500 a week (only using this as an example, I am in no way itk) and we have 20 players in that squad. Would we maybe be better having 10 part time players who are the cream on £300 a week and signing 10 better full timers on £700 a week. We could probably get better players.

A lot of folk have decent jobs and don't want to turn pro. I would always want us to be a full time club but until we are out of this league it may be an option worth exploring.

It certainly feels like we've become one last payday for some players.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm not talking about spending less, I'm talking about targeting how and where we spend the money. If that means a hybrid team that gets us promoted then great. However, I don't think that 140K is a substantial investment in 2021.

The budget isn’t the problem. Players like Keena, Sammon, Alston, Morrison,  Kelly and Miller will hardly be on buttons.

The issue is that we’ve continually either players who either aren’t good enough or who aren’t contributing anything.

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

To try and take some positives this might be better longer term. 

My fear was we snuck up somehow under the two clowns and were stuck with them longer term. I'm delighted neither of them are at the club any more.

We need to win League One with a bit of momentum and a team that's good enough to go higher. We'd have has to scrap this lot next season anyway if we didn't want relegated.

I welcome the summer clearout.

Oh goodie, another clearout.

Get rid of the dross but, arguably, a handful should stay.

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think a hybrid team should at the very least be considered by the club. You'd assume we could attract the top end of the part-time market if we did and we'd also be securing guys who will have an appetite to play for the club instead of seeing it as a last full-time pay day. 

With regards to the squad - I hope we only see Mutch, Dixon and Morrison next season. I'd possibly keep Telfer and Keena but a massive clear out is required. 

Edited by wee_bairn

30 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No doubt this post will leave me open to extreme ridicule but I just wanted to give my tuppence worth.

The Rawlins’ must see by now how badly the club is run and might just be regretting their investment. However, if they have done their due diligence they will know that there is massive potential here too. I am hoping that they see things through and perhaps even put a consortium together to buy out our current board / owners in their entirety. With all of their contacts from their time down south and in the States this must be doable, surely?

Some “outside the box” thinking is needed and for me that means hiring a relatively high profile manager (and getting rid of that buffoon Holt), even if we are languishing in League 1. Money talks and if you pay enough, people will be prepared to take the drop to tier 3, of that I am sure. Once we have a “big-ish” name manager in place get in a few decent players, a la Stainrod, for the spine of the team and surround them with some youngsters and / or part timers.

For the last decade we have done the same old, same old (apart from the “Brentford model” debacle which I am ashamed to say I fell for hook, line and sinker). We’re in the last chance saloon and this might be our last roll of the dice?

Oh aye, and Gary Deans can f**k right off.

Unfortunately the Rawlings have no desire to own a football club . Their stated game plan was to identify an underperforming club and invest enough to have serious influence . ( cheaper to do this in Scotland)
it’s now clear they want to run with the director of football and separate  first team concept rather than just a manager as this allows them to control who we sign and ultimately who the majority of these players agents will be . Guess who ? 
I’m not totally against this as somebody has to pocket the agents fees ( this is where the big money  is ie there is no financial gain from owning a club - ) 
Given the Rawlings assumed we could get out of league 1 without much of their cash being invested in players it’s going to be interesting to see if they have the balls to buy us out of this league next season !

Oh goodie, another clearout.
Get rid of the dross but, arguably, a handful should stay.
A fair few of our team who finished 7th in league 1 went on to win it at a canter the following season. It's not always wholesale changes which are needed.

I think a hybrid team should at the very least be considered by the club. You'd assume we could attract the top end of the part-time market if we did and we'd also be securing guys who will have an appetite to play for the club instead of seeing it as a last full time pay day. 
This all depends on how much money Rawlins is willing to part with, if any.

This guy has bought a chunk of the club, seemingly to come in and run it, get it into the Premiership where he feels he can make money on the turnaround of agency players IIRC? Not sure how a temporary hybrid model assists in that.

The reality is that there are certain PT players that do a good job in this league, but if you recruit well then a FT team should body it with little issue. Thistle came pretty close to making a c**t of it, but ultimately a relentless run of games was enough to cruise paat the best of the PT teams, who arent bad but ultimately wont live with a reasonably well recruited FT side on a bit of decent form.

The bottom line for us is that not a single player we have signed is a match for Graham, Rudden, Tiffoney, Bannigan etc. Can even throw the likes of Williamson ans Foster in there, or Bell. Not one of our players would get in their team, and they needed to get their shit together for 1 calendar month to show it.

At the end of the day, Partick have been a clusterfuck in the last 2 or 3 years barely better than ourselves, but they have a well known, experienced Scottish football manager of the sort well within our budget, and we have failed to go up x 2 with 2 ex players who didnt have a coaching badge between them.

23 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

140k who invested that like?

29 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You don’t get it ! They want to make money as agents on the back of us moving up the leagues . There is no money in being the agent of a part time player ! 

21 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I think a hybrid team should at the very least be considered by the club. You'd assume we could attract the top end of the part-time market if we did and we'd also be securing guys who will have an appetite to play for the club instead of seeing it as a last full-time pay day. 

With regards to the squad - I hope we only see Mutch, Dixon and Morrison next season. I'd possibly keep Telfer and Keena but a massive clear out is required. 

What part time players would you actually want us to sign? The fact the league was still in our hands this time yesterday despite how shite we’ve been shows the lack of quality in this league.

What teams have you actually watched this season and thought ‘he would do well for us’?

The rest of the teams in this league are no great shakes at all which makes our performance even worse.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

GK - I’d keep Mutch, but with a very competitive backup ala PJ Morrison 

Def - Williamson (hopefully), Dixon, maybe keep Kelly.  Bin Durnan, Hall, G Miller, Sneeddon, mclelland, Neilson and deveney away

Midfield - Telfer, Morrison, maybe Gomis. Bin Alston, Connolly, Leitch, Francis, Laverty and Fotheringham is away 

Strikers - tempting to bin all. Maybe keep keena/dowds at a push. Sammon has to go 

That gives us 

Mutch 

Williamson - - Kelly

Morrison - Gomis Telfer - 

Keena/Dowds - 

It really is tempting to bin every single one of them but we’ve done enough of that. We need at least a touch of consistency team wise 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

GK - I’d keep Mutch, but with a very competitive backup ala PJ Morrison 

Def - Williamson (hopefully), Dixon, maybe keep Kelly.  Bin Durnan, Hall, G Miller, Sneeddon, mclelland, Neilson and deveney away

Midfield - Telfer, Morrison, maybe Gomis. Bin Alston, Connolly, Leitch, Francis, Laverty and Fotheringham is away 

Strikers - tempting to bin all. Maybe keep keena/dowds at a push. Sammon has to go 

That gives us 

Mutch 

Williamson - - Kelly

Morrison - Gomis Telfer - 

Keena/Dowds - 

It really is tempting to bin every single one of them but we’ve done enough of that. We need at least a touch of consistency team wise 

That team still looks fucking reeking pal. 

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

What part time players would you actually want us to sign? The fact the league was still in our hands this time yesterday despite how shite we’ve been shows the lack of quality in this league.

What teams have you actually watched this season and thought ‘he would do well for us’?

The rest of the teams in this league are no great shakes at all which makes our performance even worse.

I'd take megginson and fyvie in a minute. The rapist isn't a bad player either.

Edited by Shadwell Dog