The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

Exactly the same here, but I’m losing that hope by the day. If they have any sort of interest in the future of this Club, then they need to get their fingers out their arses pronto and show us their intent. Big decisions are required. Unfortunately if their fluffy interviews are anything to go by though, they seem to think Deans and our inept Board of Directors are absolutely wonderful.

I agree mate. I'm probably clutching at straws here but i'm hoping the Rawlin's are fully aware we are a total shitshow and they are just saying the right things until they have control.

I don't believe we were substantially worse last night than we've been all season, I think the difference was we came up against a team that actually has good players and are directed by a good manager. We've been very lucky that this league is comprised of part-time teams. I think the players deserved to take a heavy defeat and it finally highlights how atrocious we truly are. Any decent team would've beaten us 5-0 in some of the games we've won this season. 

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was leaving anyway FFS. Away and concentrate on your own side that you know a lot about instead of trying to tell people who watch and support a club day in day out what they should be doing.

He makes a fair point about how some of our fans treated Houstie though - he didn’t deserve that.

These were the same fans mind that initially welcomed Hartley like he was some sort of footballing God.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He makes a fair point about how some of our fans treated Houstie though - he didn’t deserve that.

These were the same fans mind that initially welcomed Hartley like he was some sort of footballing God.

Trouble is with that it wasnt till after he departed the rumours circling MIller and Kerr downing tools on him, once players down tools other than a complete overhaul then there isnt a great deal you can do mind you the same one defended Miller and were upset at him being sacked.

long and short of it as a team since the Houstie season and being able to beat Rangers and Hibs not to mention being the first team to be Hearts in the last time they were in the championship. we have always been a team that tried to attack and when your team is stuck with sh*te like Durnan as a defender then the best form of defence is attack just keep the ball away from the c**t.  Whoever thought 4 signings we would be decent next season needs their head checked.

Cant work out if its the players although we have filled our ranks with journeyment with the exception of Dixon that havent really achieved much or been mid table championship at best.

Ths on the clubs website:

Falkirk Football Club will stop activity on all social media platforms from 15:00 on Friday 30 April to 23:59 on Monday 3 May.

This is part of the united Scottish football boycott of social media in response to racial and discriminatory abuse online aimed at players, staff, supporters and others associated with the game.

probably just as well but after last night they deserved to be slaughtered.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

To be fair, didn’t Hartley’s gimps actually take it to the last game of the season in a league higher than this? 

Moot point, the reason we took it the last game was because the gimpness was removed by January and we weren’t that bad a side between January and McKinnon bottling it.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hahahahaha brilliant

They would probably pump us too.

They're in a worse state than us the now. Money going missing players never seeing furlough money that's rumoured to have ended up in a former Falkirk employees pocket.  Not sure they even have a team at the moment since last year's side have all walked out with their manager.

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I'm fine with folk coming on here and slagging us off we deserve it but it gets my goat folk coming on and telling us how we should be reacting to this that and the other when they see us once or twice a season if at all.

"Alexa, can you show me a textbook example of a fan of another club spouting off drivel he knows nothing about?"
Houston was planning to leave anyway, champ. He didn't want "time and support".
Just because we've been shite since then doesn't mean it wasn't the correct decision to get rid of him. It's not a zero-sum game.

If you lot think treating a decent former player and a very successful Manager like that (whether he was thinking of leaving or not) is acceptable then there is really not much more to say.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm fine with folk coming on here and slagging us off we deserve it but it gets my goat folk coming on and telling us how we should be reacting to this that and the other when they see us once or twice a season if at all.

My point was that a guy that played for  and managed us with distinction over a long period of time who’s commitment whilst in either post was never in question at any time deserved far better from our supporters.

I've been a fan for over forty years and seen many moments which have been torturous but in the end you just get past it and look forward to when things get better. However, after the final whistle, I genuinely felt that the hope has died.

The constant reference to how we are one of the best supported clubs in Scotland, that we should be in the Premiership, is cringeworthy, whoever says it. Sometimes I feel that there are those in the club that believe we have an entitlement to a higher position but it simply does not work that way. Manchester City had the same idea for many years, expecting that their name was good enough for the top table.

The running of the club has gone back to how it was prior to the 1997 crisis when supporters were treated with contempt, and expected to accept the farcical behaviour of those in charge as the norm based on our perceived standing in the game.

When we went down in 2019, we should have pulled out all the stops. Instead, we keep Ray McKinnon and then sign the likes of Conor Sammon, Mark Durnan and A.Journeyman (multiplied several times). Of course, 6-0 wins over Forfar and Montrose are great for morale but not an indication of our strength, but hey, our name matters. So as the league stops due to COVID, we're front and centre in terms of reconstruction but not because we can make a difference (we've been hurt by this before and we're still lining up to fight the good fight?). And like the end of the previous season, we have a couple of gems (I refer to Zak Rudden, Declan McManus) but despite our budget, we choose to let our rivals take them off our hands so that we can sign the shadow of Blair Alston.

Each season is becoming the same: as soon as the last game ends, the begging bowl is out, the countdown to the latest roll call of dross begins and we're expected to take it and remember how big of a club we are. Well, we are not and without a change, without investment, our position will be League 1 with not the biggest support but the biggest decrease in support.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

If you lot think treating a decent former player and a very successful Manager like that (whether he was thinking of leaving or not) is acceptable then there is really not much more to say.

The chants were rough I agree. But he's been in football a long time and knows how it goes, and also knows (I hope) that he's always welcome back at TFS.

But he wasn't "thinking" of leaving. He had stated he was leaving. That, along with his latter day catastrophic recruitment, led to his departure.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If the players have downed tools because dumb and dumber got fired then it just sums them up. Probably missing their crossbar challenge .

I had thought it was more because Holt was up to his neck in the death spiral we had got into, and the players did not want him to take the reins until the season's end.