The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

As I've said repeatedly since long before Dumb and Dumber were eventually booted. Advertise the position extensively. Short-List. Interview. Second Interview. Appoint.

They certainly do not involve an anachronistic re-tread like John "Yogi" Hughes, still banging on about "heart" and "desire" and "character" whilst well on course to relegate Ross County, on the back of his still scarcely credible previous "feat" of relegating Raith Rovers by losing to a Brechin City side who have, quite literally, barely won a game of football since.

Hughes is a car crash these days, an absolute dinosaur and a thoroughly poisonous individual. He f****d off twelve years ago and has never had a good word to say about us since. The hold he continues to exert over some supporters is unfathomable. Move on.

Absolutely well said. I’m too fucking raging and hurt to post anything constructive but spot on 

21 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

We were very fortunate to stay up the season before under Hughes with - on paper - a superior squad of players.

We also had to cut an absolutely massive chunk off the budget. Mays was way smaller than Hughes's. Even pressleys ended up a good few hundred grand less and that was with the panic buys to keep us up 

Just listened to Holt, full of the usual crap. Interviewer says “ We turn our attention to the Play Offs now”.  Is he aware or been watching what’s been served up for months. Chances are there isn’t  going to be any Play Offs at this rate, you idiot.

Just want this season to end and would be happy if the last game is at Airdrie next Tuesday and we finish 5th. 

Why we brought Holt back for any role at the club is beyond comprehension.

13 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Not really. We could’ve, somehow, mustered more points but the performances this side of lockdown means it’s not the collapse you make it out to be.

"It's not the collapse you make it out to be"

Falkirk 8 points ahead of Thistle 1 minute before full time on 6 April.

Falkirk 8 points behind Thistle at full time on 29 April.

I'd say that's exactly the collapse I'm making it out to be.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Obviously 

You right now:

angry inside out GIF

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Why do people continually come on here to tell us we are in this league because we are pish? If anyone knows how pish we are it’s us. We told everyone we were pish when everyone else thought we were overreacting.

Please no one else come on here and try to tell us this. We know 👍🏻

You've had 3 years of rampant pishness,you haven't even changed your breeks yet.

Dry yer eyes and get back to me when you can't feel the fitba related punches anymore,fxckin featherweights.

Edited by Daddy Cheeze
splleeppngi

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Just listened to Holt, full of the usual crap. Interviewer says “ We turn our attention to the Play Offs now”.  Is he aware or been watching what’s been served up for months. Chances are there isn’t  going to be any Play Offs at this rate, you idiot.

Just want this season to end and would be happy if the last game is at Airdrie next Tuesday and we finish 5th. 

Why we brought Holt back for any role at the club is beyond comprehension.

Airdrie have went down the DOF role (sporting director) with Eddie Wolecku Black,  Gordon Dalziel and Stuart Millar everyone of them was ego driven, and it affected the playing staff and management....   We have only looked half decent since Millar resigned due to his contract not getting renewed next season....

To me Gary Holt is the same as that lot,   we're Miller and McCracken not well clear in the league when Holt joined...

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Airdrie have went down the DOF role (sporting director) with Eddie Wolecku Black,  Gordon Dalziel and Stuart Millar everyone of them was ego driven, and it affected the playing staff and management....   We have only looked half decent since Millar resigned due to his contract not getting renewed next season....

To me Gary Holt is the same as that lot,   we're Miller and McCracken not well clear in the league when Holt joined...

We were shite well before Holt rocked up.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

As I've said repeatedly since long before Dumb and Dumber were eventually booted. Advertise the position extensively. Short-List. Interview. Second Interview. Appoint..

Not to be cynical, but at what point did you conclude that anyone currently in any position of power at FFC could follow that checklist and choose a decent, let alone the correct, candidate? It’s blindingly obvious that those with decision authority couldn’t pick the supermodel out of a lineup consisting of Heidi Klum, Tim Brooke Taylor, Nigella Lawson and James May.

I suspect that the actual role of Rawlins within FFC will be greatly clarified by his position in this process. Unless the BoD and associates step back and allow true football people to run the process and make the choice, another massive failure is near certain. Unfortunately, even if they are willing to do that, surely they will want to choose the people themselves, and being good judges of people isn’t one of their strong points so far.

The other issue is does FFC still represent an “interesting position” to a quality, experienced coach, or is it time to move onto finding, and taking a flyer on, an up and comer because you cannot get what you want in the usual pool. With another squad turnover in the offing, promotion from League One next year is no given, and few good experienced coaches would relish languishing in League One with a complete rebuild on the menu. I guess a golden handshake might do anything, but where would the gold come from?

Guest Axle Grease

Hiya, wasn't that a tremendous effort by Plastic Whistle last night.

Wasn't Joey Cardle magnificent.

Hasn't this really just heaped misery onto your club.

Always remember, you're only ever 1 stand away from being an average club, so keep trying. 

6 hours ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

You've had 3 years of rampant pishness,you haven't even changed your breeks yet.

Dry yer eyes and get back to me when you can't feel the fitba related punches anymore,fxckin featherweights.

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about mate and I’m not interested in finding out either. Have a good one 👍🏻

35 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Always remember, you're only ever 1 stand away from being an average club, so keep trying. 

You horrible wee smelly poisonous wee fifer.

Love it.

32 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

f**k me St Pauli fans getting in on the act now. We truly are an international laughing stock. Who next Boca fucking Juniors.