The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You're advocating the return of Hughes. Clearly no end to your stupidity.

It was more a point being made than actually advocating his return. My post a page or so earlier was what I am advocating for - recruiting outside Scotland as it’s all dross here. Names being touted so far give me the boak. 

What’s your thoughts on a new manager? 

You know what else really pissed me off tonight?

The club advertising snoods on their Facebook page. They're fucking ROYAL BLUE for f**k's sake.

How do you get a decision over the colour of snoods so monumentally fucking wrong? It's so, so, simple yet our fucking arseholes in charge can't do it right.

The idea that John Hughes’ signing policy 13 years ago is the reason we’re here now is laughable.

The far more relevant issue is that we’ve signed 100 players over the last 3 and a half years and very few have been close to good enough. 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

The idea that John Hughes’ signing policy 12 years ago is the reason we’re here now is laughable.

The far more relevant issue is that we’ve signed 100 players over the last 3 and a half years and very few have been close to good enough. 

Literally no-one said it's "the reason".

It is, however, one major reason we were relegated from the SPL, and we've never recovered.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You know what else really pissed me off tonight?

The club advertising snoods on their Facebook page. They're fucking ROYAL BLUE for f**k's sake.

How do you get a decision over the colour of snoods so monumentally fucking wrong? It's so, so, simple yet our fucking arseholes in charge can't do it right.

Never saw this, bin whoever is behind this also. 

Just now, Mr X said:

I know you're hurting, so I'll let that slide.

How about a make-up high 5? 

Too soon?

Your fucking woeful attempts at digging into us aside, you've completely missed the point of the "massive job" comment.

He is not the manager, he is the DoF with all that entails.

When you're in as big a state as we are, that most certainly is a big job he has on his hands.

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Literally no-one said it's "the reason".

It is, however, one major reason we were relegated from the SPL, and we've never recovered.

The reason we were relegated from the SPL is because we appointed a youth coach who didn’t want the job as manager and then replaced him with brown shoes.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Holt wheeling out the usual football cliches in his after match interview. When talking about the squad though he appears to have mixed up the words young and shite.

I’m not even going to listen to it tbh. Couldn’t give a f**k what he’s got to say. Win the next 2 games 8-0 and I MIGHT give him time.

c***s got a killie tattoo on his leg FFS. killie! 

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

The reason we were relegated from the SPL is because we appointed a youth coach who didn’t want the job as manager and then replaced him with brown shoes.

We were very fortunate to stay up the season before under Hughes with - on paper - a superior squad of players.

18 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

It was more a point being made than actually advocating his return. My post a page or so earlier was what I am advocating for - recruiting outside Scotland as it’s all dross here. Names being touted so far give me the boak. 

What’s your thoughts on a new manager? 

As I've said repeatedly since long before Dumb and Dumber were eventually booted. Advertise the position extensively. Short-List. Interview. Second Interview. Appoint.

They certainly do not involve an anachronistic re-tread like John "Yogi" Hughes, still banging on about "heart" and "desire" and "character" whilst well on course to relegate Ross County, on the back of his still scarcely credible previous "feat" of relegating Raith Rovers by losing to a Brechin City side who have, quite literally, barely won a game of football since.

Hughes is a car crash these days, an absolute dinosaur and a thoroughly poisonous individual. He f****d off twelve years ago and has never had a good word to say about us since. The hold he continues to exert over some supporters is unfathomable. Move on.

7 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

With all your ambition and all your fans it must be very frustrating to have shat the bed so emphatically.

15 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

With all your ambition and all your fans it must be very frustrating to have shat the bed so emphatically.

Not really. We could’ve, somehow, mustered more points but the performances this side of lockdown means it’s not the collapse you make it out to be.