The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Except from in defence as M&M made sure they loaded up their favourite area of the park. 4 left backs, 2 right backs, and 4 centre backs. Dowds was just coming onto a game when he got injured so hopefully he's back ready soon.

Trying to work out if I'd want Durnan in with Mclelland so Neilson can play either right back or in the middle of the park. Durnan's a bombscare but if it free's up Neilson it's maybe a risk worth taking.

They filled up the defence full of kids though some that are nowhere near good enough. Sneddon and deveney have been complete wastes of time. McClelland is promising but doesn't look ready to start every week either. Neilson is the only one you'd want in your side every game.

Guest Peter LaFleur
39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Graham will rag doll Mclelland

Agreed. Megginson had him on toast. I’d rather Durnan in for McClelland tomorrow if possible. 

33 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Agreed. Megginson had him on toast. I’d rather Durnan in for McClelland tomorrow if possible. 

I felt he dealt with Megginson fine it was when Mcallister came on he was struggling with the physical challenge. Was lucky not to give away a penalty before Megginson jinked through our defence for his goal.

Guest Ecosse83
36 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I’d rather try Miller at right centre half tomorrow night and move Neilson to right back. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’d rather try Miller at right centre half tomorrow night and move Neilson to right back. 

He should've been there against Cove away for a back three, Gomis and Miller in the centre is worse than Kerr and Taiwo was.

Actually  sitting silently raging with M&M, big quality squad, competition for places. Utter utter shite. We are down to the  bare bones of a gang full of absolute jobbers who have as much backbone as a jellyfish and fall to bits as soon as we lose a goal. Thankfully we will be put out our misery tomorrow night as regards the title. 

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon we should be looking for young players through every possible avenue. If one of those is Twitter then why not? If just one person out of the hundreds that turn up is a gem then it makes the whole thing worthwhile. As has been said we're starting from scratch here and we have a lot of bridges to build  with the local community  after the academy debacle.  I'm sure once the close season hits there will be a lot of youngsters on the soccer scrapheap that can be looked at but no.point in sitting doing nothing till then.

But he's not looking for the ones on the scrapheap, he's appealing to "the very best." That would put me off if I was on the heap.

I have no problem with him using Twitter , although I agree the format looks amateurish.

And even though I'm no expert on Twitter (I'm no Mark Campbell) I thought he might have tagged the club and used some hashtags to broaden his reach out with who ever follows him.     

I wouldn’t usually advocate it but I think there may be a case for playing Gomis and Miller in the middle tomorrow and really trying to stifle the midfield and protect the shaky back four. 

Personally I would drop the three ghosts of Alston, Leitch and Fotheringham from the midfield altogether. I would then play Francis and Morrison on the wings with Sammon and Keena up front. 

7 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Actually thinking about it I think I really got the fear when we did that 'The Premier club in the first division ' marketing pish, that saw us rightly slaughtered by other fans. 

Think that's when I first thought we could be lower league bound for years.

Ach, we’ll put it all behind us with a jaunty statement and a fresh tag line from the PR gurus that gave us “your club”, “you are copyright thieves”, “our time” and “you are racists”. Something along the lines of “this time we really mean it” or “it won’t be easy, but we’ll give it a bash” or even the old favourite “we are Falkirk, so we’ll be there or thereabouts”. Maybe even the bullish “nae  guarantees, but we will be in the mix”. 

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I wouldn’t usually advocate it but I think there may be a case for playing Gomis and Miller in the middle tomorrow and really trying to stifle the midfield and protect the shaky back four. 

Personally I would drop the three ghosts of Alston, Leitch and Fotheringham from the midfield altogether. I would then play Francis and Morrison on the wings with Sammon and Keena up front. 

I get what your saying with the 2 of them in midfield but if you played 2 up front as well there would no zero service for them so utterly pointless having 2 up top. Would have to be 4231 to accommodate 2 holding mids!

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ach, we’ll put it all behind us with a jaunty statement and a fresh tag line from the PR gurus that gave us “your club”, “you are copyright thieves”, “our time” and “you are racists”. Something along the lines of “this time we really mean it” or “it won’t be easy, but we’ll give it a bash” or even the old favourite “we are Falkirk, so we’ll be there or thereabouts”. Maybe even the bullish “nae  guarantees, but we will be in the mix”. 

Throw in the new one “it doesn’t actually matter if we’re good, as long as the players smile and work hard” 🙂

On 27/04/2021 at 15:49, Bairnardo said:

Honestly, I am in no place to be absolving Hartley of anything. All I am saying is he came from, and moved into jobs where he had did/is doing ok or even well. Then theres us shoehorned in the middle where "he" employed this utterly wild, barely heard of approach to squad building, against a backdrop of Craig Campbell at al torpedoing an academy and chatting shit about fucking Brentford.

The longer we are a fucking farce, whilst Hartley returns to being a middling/decent Scottosh football manager who doesnt pursue a left field recruitment strategy, leaves me wondering just whose fucking idea it was and just how on board with it the various parties were.

Hartlet got what he deserved. Emptied from the club, but many others didnt, and here we are. Still utterly fucking rancid, still in league next season barring a miracle. What does that suggest......

The fact that Hartley signed a NDA when he left says there was a story that the board didn’t want to be told.

Good luck to the team tonight, I think we’ll need it.

Incidentally (it’s not really relevant to what’s going on just now and I know he’s pretty I unpopular by some of us but it just came into my head), but Lee Millers final cameo appearances really does draw to a close the playing era of Brockville. Took a long time but thought it was worth mentioning.

Mutch

Neilson - Durnan - McLelland - Kelly

Morrison - Gomis - Alston - Fortheringham

Sammon - Keena

That's our strongest team at the moment. Its Leitch, Mercer and Francis free which is just about the only positives.

Our only hope is scraping a 1-0 tonight. If we somehow do it though I think we'll take it to the last game.

Miller was fine at CB for us even though he's not the tallest, I'd have thought having an experienced head in the centre back position would be a good idea. 

Obviously I hope whatever decisions you make for tonight are the wrong ones though. 

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You know it’s bad when we are, quite rightly, pishing our breaks about a 33 year old jobber like Graham.

Our players are probably worried about his elbows after his disgusting challenge on the Dumbarton defender the other night, which has caused him to require surgery on his eye socket.

Are we playing a team with the defensive strength of the greatest Italian teams combined with the flair up front of the great 1970 Brazil team and with individuals who can reach Messi or Ronaldo heights or Partick bloody thistle on Thursday? The Facebook page gets slaughtered (mostly rightly) for its overwhelming positivity and happy clapping but sometimes we should hold a mirror up to ourselves the overwhelming negativity is frightening. We have a very hard game v partick that if we win leaves a home game v Montrose and away to an airdrie team likely to be their under 12s as they rest players for the play offs.
Very hard but not unwinnable game on Thursday that if we do win puts us in an absolutely fantastic position. 

As a slight aside, does anyone know if the game is discounted to compensate for the 1st game stream at firhill? They were going to discount 2nd game at firhill in march before season stopped and I haven't seen anything about it since. It may only be a fiver but it's still better in my pocket that PTFC.

I emailed them and got a discount code for tonight to use with original username and password.

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The fact that Hartley signed a NDA when he left says there was a story that the board didn’t want to be told.

Over the years have heard from various people Hartley is a dislikable little shit with poor person to person communication skills.

But ! he does know his football.

Beginning to think he may have been the fall guy at Falkirk for actions taken outwith his control.