The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

It's fairly standard practice for start ups etc., and I know St Johnstone regularly advertise for kids to attend trials over the Summer.

No doubt you're one of these "there's a poison at this club!" types, who simultaneously goes and rips into literally everyone and everything at the club.

We’ve won 1 out of 6 in the third tier of Scottish football, collapsing after having a 7 point lead 14 days ago and a 10 point lead over Partick. We’ve gone through 4/5 managers in 5 years and about 100 players. We have no sellable assets, dont own the stadium, seem to come up with “plans” to get us back into the premiership every second summer, and almost every week we hit new lows for on field performances. I’d love to be positive about the club, I love it. It’s harder than ever though.

43 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

2015/16 scottish cup final was hibs v rangers. Any idea how these 2 teams have done since? But we were playing nobody back then apparently, utter rubbish on here to pretend it's been all downhill since Eddie May! At any other time we would've walked the championship by 20 points, our team with Valks and the rest was as good as almost any falkirk side in the last 50 years.

Anyway roll on Thursday :thumsup2

There certainly hasn't been any uphill over the last decade or so.  Only once in all those years have we actually been challenging for promotion come the last couple of games of the season and a defeat tomorrow night will mean we still aren't even in league one.  Cup final was a good day out but we were awful in the league that season.  The only real time we've had an excellent side rangers were in the league and then once they and he has had cleared out and the chance was there we are provided with some of the worst sides ever to wear the navy blue and get relegated.  Meanwhile the Falkirk sheep will continue to put their hands in their pockets and fund this madness without blinking an eye.  Yeah I can't see at all why some of us are so pessimistic.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There certainly hasn't been any uphill over the last decade or so.  Only once in all those years have we actually been challenging for promotion come the last couple of games of the season and a defeat tomorrow night will mean we still aren't even in league one.  Cup final was a good day out but we were awful in the league that season.  The only real time we've had an excellent side rangers were in the league and then once they and he has had cleared out and the chance was there we are provided with some of the worst sides ever to wear the navy blue and get relegated.  Meanwhile the Falkirk sheep will continue to put their hands in their pockets and fund this madness without blinking an eye.  Yeah I can't see at all why some of us are so pessimistic.

Tbf Shods, if we won the Champions League you’d moan that we’d scraped through the group stages with an un-deserved draw away to Juve when we made ‘predictable’ substitutions after 65 mins 😂.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf Shods, if we won the Champions League you’d moan that we’d scraped through the group stages with an un-deserved draw away to Juve when we made ‘predictable’ substitutions after 65 mins 😂.

"The draw was favourable to us"

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It's just been that long since I've seen anything positive happen   about the club.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

The COYB page gets slaughtered for its overwhelming positivity because there has been virtually nothing at all to be positive about for 12 years.

The negativity on here is entirely justified.

And borne out by fact. 

It's like the 'knicker wetting' bores who trot out that after sensible fans are utterly despondent after abject performance after abject performance.  

You never hear from them after relegation is confirmed.. promotion denied etc only to see them re appear the next season with some more 'OMG..talk about knicker wetting' after we lose 4 of our first 6 or something and f**k the league up for another season.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

We’ve won 1 out of 6 in the third tier of Scottish football, collapsing after having a 7 point lead 14 days ago and a 10 point lead over Partick. We’ve gone through 4/5 managers in 5 years and about 100 players. We have no sellable assets, dont own the stadium, seem to come up with “plans” to get us back into the premiership every second summer, and almost every week we hit new lows for on field performances. I’d love to be positive about the club, I love it. It’s harder than ever though.

Actually thinking about it I think I really got the fear when we did that 'The Premier club in the first division ' marketing pish, that saw us rightly slaughtered by other fans. 

Think that's when I first thought we could be lower league bound for years.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just been that long since I've seen anything positive happen   about the club.

In life I'm generally a "glass half full" kinda bloke but when it comes to Falkirk FC over the last few years I'm not even in the "glass half empty" category, I'm down to the dregs and suppin' on Skid Row. 

My big fear is that the Rawlins' look at our situation and decide that pumping any more money into our club would be seen as good money after bad and they just walk away. For them to get any return on their investment their going to have to come up with the big bucks to get us anywhere near where we would all like to be, i.e. the Premiership.

19 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

And borne out by fact. 

It's like the 'knicker wetting' bores who trot out that after sensible fans are utterly despondent after abject performance after abject performance.  

You never hear from them after relegation is confirmed.. promotion denied etc only to see them re appear the next season with some more 'OMG..talk about knicker wetting' after we lose 4 of our first 6 or something and f**k the league up for another season.

We could be in a playoff with East Stirlingshire to get relegated out the league and you'd still get these folk complain folk are looking at the negatives.

15 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Actually thinking about it I think I really got the fear when we did that 'The Premier club in the first division ' marketing pish, that saw us rightly slaughtered by other fans. 

Think that's when I first thought we could be lower league bound for years.

The Premier Club in the First Division was in 2003 when we were denied promotion. After struggling for a year at Ochilview we absolutely romped the First Division the next again season and got promoted.

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

2015/16 scottish cup final was hibs v rangers. Any idea how these 2 teams have done since? But we were playing nobody back then apparently, utter rubbish on here to pretend it's been all downhill since Eddie May! At any other time we would've walked the championship by 20 points, our team with Valks and the rest was as good as almost any falkirk side in the last 50 years.

Anyway roll on Thursday :thumsup2

I agree. The fact is we haven’t been in the SPL since May so it’s convenient to point at that as the  start of the downfall but it’s not. Even revenue for the club was great around the middle of the decade and the academy had borne some fruit which we prospered from. 

2016/17 was like, in music terms, “the difficult second album” because it was a grind that season (John Baird said he saw Luca Gasparatto’s body shape and realised the newcomers were going to be a downgrade) but we still finished second. 

Summer transfer window 2017 was the start of the decline imo.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

That is the reality of the situation. We ain't an attractive proposition for any manager.

We should have the managers job advertised now across the UK and see who we get applying.

Why the delay ? Makes you wonder if they have already got who they want.

Guest Ecosse83
52 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Holt on interview saying Durnan and Dowds possible for tomorrow night, thats a Partick goal straight away then or at least us down to 10 men

Aye is imagine that’s the season over for us now. Just too many of our better players missing to do anything worthwhile!

Edited by Ecosse83

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Holt on interview saying Durnan and Dowds possible for tomorrow night, thats a Partick goal straight away then or at least us down to 10 men

He didn't say tomorrow night he said at some point before the season ends. Basically we're fecked as we ain't going up with that side .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Let’s face it there has been many more results to shock the football world than us winning at Firhill but I just can’t see us having the nouse to do it.

We are short all over the pitch.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s face it there has been many more results to shock the football world than us winning at Firhill but I just can’t see us having the nouse to do it.

We are short all over the pitch.

Except from in defence as M&M made sure they loaded up their favourite area of the park. 4 left backs, 2 right backs, and 4 centre backs. Dowds was just coming onto a game when he got injured so hopefully he's back ready soon.

Trying to work out if I'd want Durnan in with Mclelland so Neilson can play either right back or in the middle of the park. Durnan's a bombscare but if it free's up Neilson it's maybe a risk worth taking.

Except from in defence as M&M made sure they loaded up their favourite area of the park. 4 left backs, 2 right backs, and 4 centre backs. Dowds was just coming onto a game when he got injured so hopefully he's back ready soon.

Trying to work out if I'd want Durnan in with Mclelland so Neilson can play either right back or in the middle of the park. Durnan's a bombscare but if it free's up Neilson it's maybe a risk worth taking.
Durnan is the only one likely to stand up to what Brian Graham does, to be as fair as I possibly can to the big fucking clown

Durnan is the only one likely to stand up to what Brian Graham does, to be as fair as I possibly can to the big fucking clown

Graham will rag doll Mclelland