The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
58 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’m just trying to find out why he is a bigot.

People seem to through about terms like bigot, fascist, nazi, all phobes without understanding what the terms mean.

Surely if McCann played for Rangers and Hearts it rather negates the contention that he is a bigot.

Desperate for an explanation?

People maybe just don’t like him and have built an opinion without knowing him or any of the facts about him.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That post match interview emoji15.png

Can't decide whether Holt is  thinking he'll protect the few players he has available and bamboozle the opposition by trying to accentuate a myth that we don't have a plan or whether he's just deliberately being a smart a*se by talking in riddles.  
Suspect the latter which would be a red flag for any manager coming in if they're going to have him as their boss.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Was that the same referee yesterday as the one that sent off Mutch against Forfar earlier on in the season? Looked very similar and had an absolute shocker again yesterday. Not in any way blaming him on the result yesterday just pointing out he's a shitter of a ref.

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

People maybe just don’t like him and have built an opinion without knowing him or any of the facts about him.

He seems to fall out with folk very easily and go in the huff a lot.  Knocked back Dundee then changed his mind and then made a complete arse of it there.  They then replaced him with their very own Pressley in mcpake who finished the relegation job McCann started. They have them made the same mistake we made by keeping mcpake on after he took them down.  Mccanns record at Inverness is pretty unremarkable. 5 wins , 5 draws and 3 defeats.which has resulted in them missing out on the playoffs which is poor for a side that was runners up the year before.  Doesn't really do much for me.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I dont want Neil McCann because I think hes probably a pish poor football manager, and hes one of the Radio Scotland gang who regualrly expose themselves as being thick as f**k.

His media presence and being an ex arse cheek player likely gave him a leg up into management and will probably continue to do so, theres no actual merit there to speak of and the fact that he was at Dundee certainly doesnt mean for even a nanosecond that hes entitled to turn his nose up at League 1.

I’m sorry but that interview is fucking deranged. If I hung out M&M for their interviews it’s only fair to do the same to Holt.

”I’m not sure what shape we were playing” “I thought we should have been a few goals up” all while beaming from cheek to cheek about the performance. After a draw against cove rangers where we should’ve lost about 1-4. 

Do they ALL think we’re dumb? Our club is poison. It’s going to take a good long while to get back to even challenging for league 1 with Holt kicking about the place IMO. Unless he’s turned into some great recruiter of players overnight, after his first influence being possible the worst “January” transfer window in my memory. Awful start. 

Wonder if Billy Davies fancies re-establishing himself as a respected manager?  Went a bit mental during his last spell at Forest but has had a few years to cool down and at 56 he's not too old for a new challenge.  Over the years he's succeeded more than he's failed.   I expect he'll have plenty of decent contacts too..

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I’m sorry but that interview is fucking deranged. If I hung out M&M for their interviews it’s only fair to do the same to Holt.

”I’m not sure what shape we were playing” “I thought we should have been a few goals up” all while beaming from cheek to cheek about the performance. After a draw against cove rangers where we should’ve lost about 1-4. 

Do they ALL think we’re dumb? Our club is poison. It’s going to take a good long while to get back to even challenging for league 1 with Holt kicking about the place IMO. Unless he’s turned into some great recruiter of players overnight, after his first influence being possible the worst “January” transfer window in my memory. Awful start. 

I took that as tongue in cheek. Might be wrong though!

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Wonder if Billy Davies fancies re-establishing himself as a respected manager?  Went a bit mental during his last spell at Forest but has had a few years to cool down and at 56 he's not too old for a new challenge.  Over the years he's succeeded more than he's failed.   I expect he'll have plenty of decent contacts too..

Does he not have the same problem as Steve Paterson?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Peter LaFleur
19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He seems to fall out with folk very easily and go in the huff a lot.  Knocked back Dundee then changed his mind and then made a complete arse of it there.  They then replaced him with their very own Pressley in mcpake who finished the relegation job McCann started. They have them made the same mistake we made by keeping mcpake on after he took them down.  Mccanns record at Inverness is pretty unremarkable. 5 wins , 5 draws and 3 defeats.which has resulted in them missing out on the playoffs which is poor for a side that was runners up the year before.  Doesn't really do much for me.

Of course, all reasonable arguments. I’m not some mad McCann fan by any means. Wasn’t even myself who suggested him. I just don’t understand ‘c**t’ remarks based on absolutely nothing or because he’s angry on a football pitch. Would rather that than watch 11 players not give a flying f**k.

Under the circumstances, I thought his interview was okay.

Because of injuries and suspension he had virtually nothing to work with.

For the first time in months, despite being by far the poorer side, I actually quite enjoyed the game.

I have, barring a miracle, given up on promotion this year and am just wanting to see those very poor players give it their best shot.

All planning should now be for another season in this division.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Under the circumstances, I thought his interview was okay.

Because of injuries and suspension he had virtually nothing to work with.

For the first time in months, despite being by far the poorer side, I actually quite enjoyed the game.

I have, barring a miracle, given up on promotion this year and am just wanting to see those very poor players give it their best shot.

All planning should now be for another season in this division.

All the stuff about “smiles on faces”, “how do you get that?” and “well, it’s putting a shift in” are all a bit annoying but, on reflection, maybe it needs saying.

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

All the stuff about “smiles on faces”, “how do you get that?” and “well, it’s putting a shift in” are all a bit annoying but, on reflection, maybe it needs saying.

I can take getting beat if it looks like our players have busted their arse and given everything they've got. That's football.

It enrages me when we've got beat when it's plainly obvious at least half the team don't give a f**k.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I can take getting beat if it looks like our players have busted their arse and given everything they've got. That's football.

It enrages me when we've got beat when it's plainly obvious at least half the team don't give a f**k.

Hard work is very important but it’s not the be all and end all. What I mean is, maybe having one player who hasn’t busted his gut, maybe a bit on the lazier side, has just that wee bit of extra energy to go on a mazy and get the winner late on.

We don’t really have that in our current team but, well, wasn’t wee Richie Cadette almost fondly thought of as being a lazy git!

I am resigned to the fact that these players aren't good enough to get us out of league one and that's where we will be next season. I just hope the players have a smile on their faces when they are leaving the stadium for the last time with the realisation that they are going to need to find a real job outside football.