The Falkirk FC Thread

We didn't deserve anything from that game so a draw will do us. Cove vs Partick on Tuesday so i'm hoping for a draw. Drop Leitch to the bench for Thursday as he's non existent every game he plays. About time Sammon got a goal, by god we needed it. First half was ok second half we were rank. So immobile in the middle of the park with Miller and Alston in there, is Gomis back from suspension on Thursday?

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

How do the playoffs work in this league? Does 2nd play 2nd bottom in two legs and 3rd plays 4th in two legs then the winners of each play a one off final for promotion?

2nd plays 3rd and 4th plays 2nd bottom. Normally over two legs each tie but wouldn’t complain if it was just over one tie this year to end the misery sooner.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

How do the playoffs work in this league? Does 2nd play 2nd bottom in two legs and 3rd plays 4th in two legs then the winners of each play a one off final for promotion?

2nd bottom plays 4th over 2 legs, 2nd play 3rd over 2 legs, winners play over 2 legs 

58 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We didn't deserve anything from that game so a draw will do us. Cove vs Partick on Tuesday so i'm hoping for a draw. Drop Leitch to the bench for Thursday as he's non existent every game he plays. About time Sammon got a goal, by god we needed it. First half was ok second half we were rank. So immobile in the middle of the park with Miller and Alston in there, is Gomis back from suspension on Thursday?

I felt Miller was probably our best performer today.

As it stands we will play two more games against Cove to make the play off final...poss. against Morten.
Could be fun.....

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

A Cove win would be the preferred result.

There was definite reaction from the players though, we actually looked quite capable for most of the 1st half with the game and our performance/confidence swinging on their 1st goal. When I think about it, Neilson was ok and I thought Kelly did quite well considering he's been out for so long and was breathing out of his arse after about 20 minutes!

If Holt can keep the spirit up then I think we'd have a chance in the play-offs if we could get the injured players back.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I know, it's not saying much is it? I thought he did ok though, probably a 7/10.

Won a fair few tackles but if that's all you're looking for from your centre midfielder then you may as well throw in the towel now. His distribution of the ball is honking.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There was definite reaction from the players though, we actually looked quite capable for most of the 1st half with the game and our performance/confidence swinging on their 1st goal. When I think about it, Neilson was ok and I thought Kelly did quite well considering he's been out for so long and was breathing out of his arse after about 20 minutes!

If Holt can keep the spirit up then I think we'd have a chance in the play-offs if we could get the injured players back.

I agree. You saw urgency and willingness to chase things down which had been missing lately. Problem is confidence isn't great and mutch managed to reduce it back to zero with his howler.

I'd be sounding Neil McCann out before wee Robbo decides what he's doing. Inverness season is done. If the board have as much ambition as they keep bleating about then forget most of the names mentioned and go for him and Billy Dodds. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd be sounding Neil McCann out before wee Robbo decides what he's doing. Inverness season is done. If the board have as much ambition as they keep bleating about then forget most of the names mentioned and go for him and Billy Dodds. 

I think he might be a decent shout as well.