The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don't see it happening, but I would be surprised if we were unable to pay the level of salary you mentioned in the event that the Rawlins identified a coach from the MLS that was willing to come to us.

M and M would have been on more than £73,000 between them.

Fair enough, except that’s the top of the iceberg. So, you can offer a coach £73,000...now, if he’s not entitled to NHS, you have to pay his health care premiums as part of the packages, as that’s one of the common non-pay benefits in the U.S...plus a contribution to a retirement fund (no national fund in the U.S. either)...oh, and also make up for lost earnings on his sideline(s). I just suspect it’s not easy or viable to import a coach below the top levels.

Guest Ecosse83
28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Stuart Taylor anyone?

Wouldn’t say no. Something a bit different from the usual names and Lambert must think he has something about him. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Lambert must think he has something about him. 

That would be the only concern.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Our support turns into a gang of weirdos when it comes to new managers.

Names that shouldn’t be mentioned for a wide variety of reasons: Strachan, Jim Duffy, pressley, McIntyre, yogi, Danny Lennon, Coyle, Martin canning, Brian rice, holt, millso and gomso*

*list is not exhaustive 

** EDIT - DEAN HOLDEN. Twitter search or read online about his managerial time. M&M mark 2.

Edited by bairn88

The Dean Holden one wouldnt be a bad shout, plus he's at Stoke so maybe a link there other than that the names i seen on the FH one are pretty grim reading mind you the lass that was at Scotland but dont know how or if that would work but it would be a change from the norm and has she a decent contact list in the mens game

Wouldn’t say no. Something a bit different from the usual names and Lambert must think he has something about him. 

Superb reputation as a coach - that is what the club are looking at under this structure looking at Deans comment s

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The Dean Holden one wouldnt be a bad shout, plus he's at Stoke so maybe a link there other than that the names i seen on the FH one are pretty grim reading mind you the lass that was at Scotland but dont know how or if that would work but it would be a change from the norm and has she a decent contact list in the mens game

The one that got blootered and slaughtered her players at a team meeting?

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just read through the Falkirk Herald's list of 20 possible managers and that was bleak reading. 

This is said by virtually every fan of any club when there is a managerial vacancy to be filled and a list of candidates or bookmakers odds is produced. It's always far easier to identify those you don't want near it.

There are a few shockers in there obviously - Caldwell, shudder - but there's also a number of realistic names who I would think won't be too far away from at least serious consideration when it comes to decision time.

After the latest disaster, I'm keeping expectations to an absolute minimum. Pressley hilariously ruling himself out at least means one less utter diddy to worry about.

No left field appointment please.

Previous appointments (and I’m going back decades) that were successful - Cunningham, Totten, Lamont, Jeffries. From the same mould is Darren Young but there may be others. A few years experience at a club of lower stature (sic), relative success, learned from mistakes. Plus I believe Darren Young applied for vacancy last time.

Lets not miss him twice.

Guest Ecosse83
30 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Makes sense I guess.

Whole point of a DOF is to have a set system throughout the club which doesn't change when you lose a head coach.

Hopefully that system doesn’t include Holt interfering in the head coach/managers job. 

On 21/04/2021 at 10:57, Shadwell Dog said:

Arbroath are shit.  Having watched the Friday night games regularly I've seen with my own eyes how shit the championship actually is these days.  Standard is abysmal. No reason why cove who aren't very good either to be honest couldn't get promoted though given how poor the bottom of the championship is.  Sums up how abysmal we are that despite the shit level of opposition we still don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion even though we can comfortably beat Arbroath with our reserve team.

Yes ,its a pity our victories over Raith,Dunfermline,Ayr etc never made Friday tv.Either did Hearts and Dundee etc  dropping points.against Arbroath.😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The one that got blootered and slaughtered her players at a team meeting?

I couldn't tell you tbh couldn't be much worse than what we have had in the past few years,  on the slaughtering of the players at least someone would be doing it as this lot need it, especially in the absence of us ..lol

26 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

No left field appointment please.

Previous appointments (and I’m going back decades) that were successful - Cunningham, Totten, Lamont, Jeffries. From the same mould is Darren Young but there may be others. A few years experience at a club of lower stature (sic), relative success, learned from mistakes. Plus I believe Darren Young applied for vacancy last time.

Lets not miss him twice.

Relative success?  Care to elaborate..

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Eh naw. Half of two 40ks is 40k the last time I looked.  We had two managers on 80k. To me in.league one the manager should be earning no more than around 40k. Given that we will be replacing 2 with 1 . An asst would obviously be earning less than a manager but it's the manager we're talking about here.  Never said anything about 20k.

I very much doubt that we'll have even thought about a replacement yet. Nowt will happen till the summer when we know exactly what league we are in. Whilst money is on us staying down if by some chance we went up the club immediately looks more attractive to possible candidates. On the mean time you will get all sorts of dross putting their hat in the ring.

Fair enough, I'll remember to use my enigma machine on your posts going forward.