The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Kettlewell, canning and young apparently on our radar if the Daily Record is to be believed

Not on our radar, the post was more that they have shown an interest in the role. Same article has said Pressley has took himself out of the running which is of course gutting. Just read through the Falkirk Herald's list of 20 possible managers and that was bleak reading. 

Thinking outside the normal tried and tested I wonder if Lee Bullen would fancy a crack at being a gaffer.  I haven't a clue what kind of wages he would be on looking after Sheff Wed U23's but can you imagine they players coming off the field after putting in a shift like they did at Peterhead the other night. He would eat the c***s.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Full time manager on £20k a year??  If that is your expectations then I really don't think you could complain if your next appointment is even worse than your previous one.

Eh naw. Half of two 40ks is 40k the last time I looked.  We had two managers on 80k. To me in.league one the manager should be earning no more than around 40k. Given that we will be replacing 2 with 1 . An asst would obviously be earning less than a manager but it's the manager we're talking about here.  Never said anything about 20k.

I very much doubt that we'll have even thought about a replacement yet. Nowt will happen till the summer when we know exactly what league we are in. Whilst money is on us staying down if by some chance we went up the club immediately looks more attractive to possible candidates. On the mean time you will get all sorts of dross putting their hat in the ring.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Dont think we will have new manager until after the end of the season.

With only just over 2 weeks of the post split games, Holt should only be thinking about 1 thing, the 1st team.

After the next for games then he can start if we are not in the play offs.

Guest Caractacus Potts

I think what everyone needs to remember with regards to the manager shouts is that the new manager will have to work under Holt, if he is to do his job correctly. 

Say the Rawlins wanted a big name like Strachan. Would he want to work under Holt?

Holt seems like a good guy but him being there could limit who we go for, particularly if he’s involved in the recruitment process, as he should be. 

Thinking outside the normal tried and tested I wonder if Lee Bullen would fancy a crack at being a gaffer.  I haven't a clue what kind of wages he would be on looking after Sheff Wed U23's but can you imagine they players coming off the field after putting in a shift like they did at Peterhead the other night. He would eat the c***s.

He has a estate agent business in Sheffield with his wife. Not happening