The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm praying Holt was only so hands on with M&M because he knew he had to be due to their ineptitude. Whoever comes in next should be left to do their job and Holt can focus on his job which is recruiting players and overseeing the resurection of the academy. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

Isn't the whole point of having a Director of Football that you're splitting off the "management" from the "coaching"?  It's noticeable that M&M's titles were First Team Coaches and that's what the Club Statement referred to. So maybe we're not looking for a manager as such, but a good coach?

I’ve no idea what all the titles mean but you may well be right. I know it was McDonaugh that got a lot of the praise on the training pitch when Houston was there. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm praying Holt was only so hands on with M&M because he knew he had to be due to their ineptitude. Whoever comes in next should be left to do their job and Holt can focus on his job which is recruiting players and overseeing the resurection of the academy. 

I’d tip that’s exactly why he ended up so involved. I mean after what we witnessed during games it begs the question what the f**k have they been up to in the training pitch!

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

That's just a mental comment. 

We've got so many injuries because we have 5+ players over 30 playing every 3/4 days after a 2/3 month lay off and young players who just genuinely don't look fit.

I think he was having a joke, or at least I hope it was a joke 😂

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It was but admin's not took it that way either and removed it so fair enough. 

It’s a different world these days mate, I got the joke though 😉

Imho dof should be overseeing the youth development and recruitment side of things. The manager/first team coach should control training / tactics / formation etc.  He  will identify positions he needs filled and what sort of player he needs. He will then discuss this with the dof who will be tasked with finding players to fit that bill. The dof will then again discuss the players he has found with the manager and a final decision will then be made on who to sign. Dof should have nothing to do with anything on field but there has to be a good working relation between coach and dof obviously.  That's the way I see it but might be a lot of shite.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Imho dof should be overseeing the youth development and recruitment side of things. The manager/first team coach should control training / tactics / formation etc.  He  will identify positions he needs filled and what sort of player he needs. He will then discuss this with the dof who will be tasked with finding players to fit that bill. The dof will then again discuss the players he has found with the manager and a final decision will then be made on who to sign. Dof should have nothing to do with anything on field but there has to be a good working relation between coach and dof obviously.  That's the way I see it but might be a lot of shite.

Sounds fine but for it to work the demarcation and enforcement of the job description must be adhered to.

By doing that both function will operate as intended.

However ! with the shower we have in charge I doubt they would work within these constraints.

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My wife’s just been speaking to your dad.

He reckons Holt will do the business!

Don't know if it's been mentioned as I've not read the last 14 pages but Lee Mair was having an absolute meltdown on Twitter about you punting his pals. Started resorting to trying to slag off people's profile pictures on Twitter.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned as I've not read the last 14 pages but Lee Mair was having an absolute meltdown on Twitter about you punting his pals. Started resorting to trying to slag off people's profile pictures on Twitter.

Yep, it was universally agreed by fans of all clubs that he's an utter weapon.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yep, it was universally agreed by fans of all clubs that he's an utter weapon.

Apart from the walloper who took to posting photos of him with the league cup at St Mirren.