The Falkirk FC Thread

I've cracked it. O'Donnell and Cregg from St Patrick's.

Already got some experience in management and look like they are on an upwards trajectory.

2 players who know what's expected of Falkirk sitting in the top league which is where we want back to.

Paddy Cregg was for a long time in my top 3 favourite players.

I'll let Holt know that's who we want.

Dean Holden shouts can GTF.

I have a semi interest in Bristol city and they’ve been this season’s falkirk but even worse. The team that when you play you can’t quite believe they’ve been coached in any sense of the word. Fans of many other clubs saying the Bristol city team was the worst team they’d ever seen at champ level. Players had also massively downed tools just before he was sacked - think it was 6 straight defeats. He’d only been in charge 6 months. He’d be as big a disaster as the M&M appointment. 

1 hour ago, GordyBrow said:

He “knows the game” though. I bet he thought his performances in a Sons shirt were great too.

I remember him being a total bad luck charm for us so I thought I'd look into it.

We won two of the nine league games he played for us - conceding 43 times in those nine games (!)

Guest Peter LaFleur
15 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Good post, the chances of going up this year are almost at zero. 
It’s bad enough being at rock bottom, but with around eight players missing for Saturday, we’d be as well calling Patrick the league winners. Any glimmer of hope is that Rawlins will bring a complete change from top to bottom and use his footballing prowess to get the club back to being a professional outfit.....

Is there any chance of these players being fit for the playoffs? 

32 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

With our facilities we could probably attract someone decent but it’s just a shame the board is chaotic as f**k. Duncan Ferguson is a wild shout though 😂

Dean Holden or Scott Gemmill could be interesting if they fancied a route into club management (back to it in Holden’s case) or I do quite like the thought of Darren Young as well! 

Would like to see Rawlins work his contacts and consider a coach from US MLS, rather than the usual list of familiar faces like McIntyre and the lunatic fringe suggestions like Duncan 'Disorderly' Ferguson.  A few things you could guarantee from a coach from the US League is the team would be fit and properly organised, try to play decent football, and utter dross like Akeel Francis would be trebuchet'd out the door pronto.     

31 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I've cracked it. O'Donnell and Cregg from St Patrick's.

Already got some experience in management and look like they are on an upwards trajectory.

2 players who know what's expected of Falkirk sitting in the top league which is where we want back to.

Paddy Cregg was for a long time in my top 3 favourite players.

I'll let Holt know that's who we want.

Creggzo might work but O'Donnellzo doesn't sound right. Maybe go for Liam Craigzo instead.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

The single worst decision that was made that ended up in the mess we are in now was appointing Eddie May as manager in 2009.

To be fair to Eddie May he didn't want it. A few years back I worked at a recruitment fair ran by the SFA at Hampden for young players who were being released by clubs and pro's who were nearing the end of their careers. Eddie was there and me and my fellow Bairn gaffer spoke to him for a wee while. He said he was happy doing the youth side of things and felt that was where his future lay, the board and especially George Craig pressured him into taking it. He said he realised pretty quickly it wasn't for him.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

To be fair to Eddie May he didn't want it. A few years back I worked at a recruitment fair ran by the SFA at Hampden for young players who were being released by clubs and pro's who were nearing the end of their careers. Eddie was there and me and my fellow Bairn gaffer spoke to him for a wee while. He said he was happy doing the youth side of things and felt that was where his future lay, the board and especially George Craig pressured him into taking it. He said he realised pretty quickly it wasn't for him.

If he'd admitted in September that he wasn't cut out for it and stepped back then that would have been fair enough - I'd have had a lot more respect for him. Instead he chunked on until February blaming results on him not praying hard enough, by which time we were so far in the mire that it was all but certain we'd be relegated.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

When Lee Mair is slagging off your club, you can say with some certainty that you've made the correct decision. An absolute trout of a man and a shitehawk of a player. 

Definitely nothing to do with the fact he played with both them and is good friends with both them. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If he'd admitted in September that he wasn't cut out for it and stepped back then that would have been fair enough - I'd have had a lot more respect for him. Instead he chunked on until February blaming results on him not praying hard enough, by which time we were so far in the mire that it was all but certain we'd be relegated.

I agree it was a crazy decision. I feel the board should have acted quicker in getting rid though and should have left him where he was doing a decent job with the youths.

I agree it was a crazy decision. I feel the board should have acted quicker in getting rid though and should have left him where he was doing a decent job with the youths.

If memory serves me correct he tried to quit before Christmas and Craig talked him into staying on. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

If memory serves me correct he tried to quit before Christmas and Craig talked him into staying on. 

I remember when I spoke to him he didn't have a single good word for George Craig as we also discussed the treatment of big Craw.

I remember when I spoke to him he didn't have a single good word for George Craig as we also discussed the treatment of big Craw.

I didn’t really get on well with Eddie when I was involved at Falkirk but this is good to hear!

45 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I remember him being a total bad luck charm for us so I thought I'd look into it.

We won two of the nine league games he played for us - conceding 43 times in those nine games (!)

Wow, I remembered him being bad but that is something else.