The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

For me Houston had taken the club as far as he could (and arguably should have gone after the playoff defeat to Dundee Utd) but the single worst decision that was made that ended up in the mess we are in now was in the summer of 2018 when Hartley ripped up a squad that had been one of the best teams in the championship for the second half of the season and replaced them with no hopers.

Had he kept together the nucleus of the team that had a very decent record from January-May 2018, I think we’d have done well the following season.

Yip, I’m a huge fan of Houston both as a player and a manager. As a wee boy, when he was in his first spell with us, he was one of my favourites and I remember being amazed by his work rate. As a manager, some of his results and teams performances against Hearts, Sevco and in particular Hibs were up there with some of my favourite games as a Bairns fan. Houstie loved Falkirk and you could tell that from a mile away. You are right that he should have left after the playoff defeat to United. Once he announced pre-season that it was his last season it was never going to end well.

Hartley, for me, is the only time I have ever hated a manager of Falkirk in my life. He was a horrible arrogant tramp of a man. I never bought into the fanfare on here with changing avatars, ‘Don’ Hartley, Hartley’s Juggernaut etc etc purely cos I could not take to him. The guy was and is an arsehole.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Can anyone tell me why Lee Miller is a 'club legend' anyway?

My memory of him from years ago was breaking into the team, looking excellent..getting his agent to engineer a move as soon as possible and handing in a transfer request when we told the sheep to f**k off.

In his second spell him and Kerr fucked over Houston and downed tools, then signed for the debt dodgers. 

Fond memories of his (very brief) time as a young player with us. Other than that..meh. 

I think he might be the Dumber in the double act based on his Facebook. 

Him and Cracks. had 2 go B 4 it wiz 2 late!!...

Get them in for a bounce factor after McKinnon but what were the BOD thinking?!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

For me Houston had taken the club as far as he could (and arguably should have gone after the playoff defeat to Dundee Utd) but the single worst decision that was made that ended up in the mess we are in now was in the summer of 2018 when Hartley ripped up a squad that had been one of the best teams in the championship for the second half of the season and replaced them with no hopers.

Had he kept together the nucleus of the team that had a very decent record from January-May 2018, I think we’d have done well the following season.

The single worst decision that was made that ended up in the mess we are in now was appointing Eddie May as manager in 2009.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah Lee, it's not like the SPFL ever get anything wrong is it?

Come , come.....when you get down as far as we are they just look at who is top at the time. There is no way in hell they have seen us play or do anything to merit an award. 

20 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The strangest thing about 'Mairzo's' Tweet is this response...

Pretty wild that, saw a couple of other sites where people are implying we've overreacted as a club but the writing has been on the wall ever since teams learned that all they need to do is put 2 men on Morrison and they can beat us.

All of our problems in the past few years has been in replacing poor players/management with worse ones. I genuinely think we were right to sack Houston/Hartley/McKinnon and M&M when we did but we continually get recruitment wrong which is why we're burning through so many players/bosses. Hopefully the Rawlins can help in some way with that because i simply don't trust our board to make the right football decisions.

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The strangest thing about 'Mairzo's' Tweet is this response...

Slagging folk off for their clothes as well when they criticise him. Absolute weapon of a man. He's a big pal of McCracken, that's his only knowledge of what's gone on here.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Think there maybe needs to be a separate thread for utter utter shite/absolutely insanely optimistic managerial shouts from the clueless clown section of our fanbase. 

I'll open up with a FFC Facebook suggestion :-

Duncan Ferguson

Just saw that. Ludicrous. Owen Coyle mentioned too. Just bonkers shouts.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Just saw that. Ludicrous. Owen Coyle mentioned too. Just bonkers shouts.

Best part of the Ferguson shout was the guy prefacing it with 'Now I'm likely tae be shouted down here' as if boys reading it were going to say 'Haud on Shug.. we mibbae need tae look a bit bigger than ... Carlo Ancelotti's assistant manager'

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Best part of the Ferguson shout was the guy prefacing it with 'Now I'm likely tae be shouted down here' as if boys reading it were going to say 'Haud on Shug.. we mibbae need tae look a bit bigger than ... Carlo Ancelotti's assistant manager'

I'm inclined to think he probably had forgotten all about who Duncan Ferguson actually is until he watched that twitter clip of him the other day telling some wee guy to "fucking stick in at school aye" and just plucked his name out the air as he was fresh in his mind.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Can anyone tell me why Lee Miller is a 'club legend' anyway?

My memory of him from years ago was breaking into the team, looking excellent..getting his agent to engineer a move as soon as possible and handing in a transfer request when we told the sheep to f**k off.

In his second spell him and Kerr fucked over Houston and downed tools, then signed for the debt dodgers. 

Fond memories of his (very brief) time as a young player with us. Other than that..meh. 

Well said, Falkirk legend my arse! I hope he never darkens our door again.

10 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Somebody mentioned earlier that he imagined this is what it feels like to be a crack addict, hating the club just now but still checking for updates. I know where he’s coming from. I got absolutely ruined and spoiled  from the start supporting us and it leaves it’s mark. 

I was 8 years old and my 3rd and 4th games going along were 7-1 v Raith Rovers and 5-1 v Clydebank, followed by a fantastic championship victory, followed by a mainly exciting few years after that. 

The first two games before that were the ropey first part of Jefferies reign but really, virtually zero shite to deal with, just joy. 

The chemicals in my brain are predisposed in a certain way because of what I watched right from the get-go. No hoofball. No over-thought shapes. None of that. It’s not like I really appreciated it at the time because it’s happening at young age. 

I just can’t see a generation of young fans from the local area putting up with the utter rubbish that is served up.

I used to be a gambling addict and would wake up in the morning then get that sinking feeling when I realised how much I had lost the night before.

I now get that same feeling and sensation when I wake up and think about our performance the night before. Its a mixture of sadness, anger and fear.

Guest Ecosse83

With our facilities we could probably attract someone decent but it’s just a shame the board is chaotic as f**k. Duncan Ferguson is a wild shout though 😂

Dean Holden or Scott Gemmill could be interesting if they fancied a route into club management (back to it in Holden’s case) or I do quite like the thought of Darren Young as well! 

33 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Think there maybe needs to be a separate thread for utter utter shite/absolutely insanely optimistic managerial shouts from the clueless clown section of our fanbase. 

I'll open up with a FFC Facebook suggestion :-

Duncan Ferguson

Barry Ferguson was also give a shout