The Falkirk FC Thread

Well I was half right and thank feck it was the good half.

Love the comment 

both he and the Board of Directors, are keen to undertake a rigorous process to recruit a new first-team coaching set-up.                                                                                                                          You mean we won't just be plucking two names of exe Falkirk players with no experience at all out a hat and flinging them together to see what happens? Shame that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Unfortunately it’s too late. All our momentum is gone, couple that with the state of the squad due to injuries, it’ll be an early play-off exit at best this season.

We should have had the league won by now had we a competent person in charge of the team. 

What is happening at Falkirk really is tragic. I've spend many away days at the old brockville where there was a real and healthy rivalry between thistle and Falkirk. A great town that deserves better from its club. Saddened to read so many fans on here recording their disconnect with the club. Been there.

My club, until a few weeks ago had, and still has a huge disconnect with the BOD, not all but many, especially posters on here. They are a complete clusterfuck.

Until 2 weeks ago it seemed McCall was out of his depth, still a way to go but he is turning the tanker round, he's been given time so I have to acknowledge the BOD for that. I'm not saying persevere with m and m, but just thinking your next appointment, and I know this is obvious, will be the most important in your clubs history. Get it wrong and as a few on here have said part time football will be inevitable. Still possible to get success but probably slower.

I liked the suggestion of exploring the ground and land purchase and an academy is a must. It's costly but there are many financial revenue streams can be accessed and can generate income as a lot of parents are only too happy to pay for their kids to be linked to a club at the 5 to 9 years.

From the outside there needs a board clear out but there has to be a viable alternative person or body to drive that.

As for a manager, where the club is now there has to be solidity, minimise the risk, don't go for untested, as McCall said of martindale, well done for the past few months but as a manager you need 4 plus years consistency to prove yourself.

I'm not a huge McCall fan but at present has turned around our fortunes and that's not a fluke given where we have been. I was for giving him his p45 but seem to have got that horribly wrong. Point is, it seems like experience is needed short to medium term. A McIntyre type, a pressly, (I expect to be slaughtered for that one), a petrie, someone proven over a long term that can identify the problems and bring in players who will be the solution with a long term strategy to, and this is obvious, make the team hard to beat with a fight like f**k spirit then introduce the flair. At the level you need players with balls of steel, snotters and spit, studs up win the fight then play the football. It's quite an easy game, don't let the other team score, when you get the ball keep it, when they get the ball fight like f**k to get it back. You need heart back in the club and it's the fans that can do that.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Are you on our BoD? You managed to f**k up the simplest of digs, so if you are not involved yet, get your CV in.....you have demonstrated all of the core skills needed.

Haha shouldnt walk and type at the same time. Wasnt really a dig albeit you have taken it as one. I meant number 9. A good number of your fans absolutely thought you would and should steamroller teams in this leagues. Sadly for you, this is not true and you have found this out. Big call with the managers. Interesting times ahead

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Bravo Shadwell name dropping Gomis and Miller there, You have made Holt doing it for the rest of the season a plus 👏😂

He lightened the mood dramatically in here, well played SD. 

Aye feel sorry for Derek Jackson he’s been at the club pre Houston I think genuinely seems a decent guy to have around and he’s done a good job with improving Mutch imo.

As far as dumb and dumber go it’s way too late but they were clearly miles out of their depth. Neither of them will ever make a living as a football manager both absolutely clueless and have presided over some of the worst performances I’ve ever seen. Clearing them out and appointing Holt to the end of the season, and only then, was the only option.

This is just tip of the iceberg stuff though. Superfan, Ritchie and the rest need to get the f**k out of our club as well if we have any aspirations to do anything as a football club.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Great news, however, just one wee question. Now the goalkeeping coach is gone, who is going to coach the goalkeepers in the interim??

Presumably they’ll just get some random in to boot balls at the goalies in training. 

10 minutes ago, banditjag said:

What is happening at Falkirk really is tragic. I've spend many away days at the old brockville where there was a real and healthy rivalry between thistle and Falkirk. A great town that deserves better from its club. Saddened to read so many fans on here recording their disconnect with the club. Been there.

My club, until a few weeks ago had, and still has a huge disconnect with the BOD, not all but many, especially posters on here. They are a complete clusterfuck.

Until 2 weeks ago it seemed McCall was out of his depth, still a way to go but he is turning the tanker round, he's been given time so I have to acknowledge the BOD for that. I'm not saying persevere with m and m, but just thinking your next appointment, and I know this is obvious, will be the most important in your clubs history. Get it wrong and as a few on here have said part time football will be inevitable. Still possible to get success but probably slower.

I liked the suggestion of exploring the ground and land purchase and an academy is a must. It's costly but there are many financial revenue streams can be accessed and can generate income as a lot of parents are only too happy to pay for their kids to be linked to a club at the 5 to 9 years.

From the outside there needs a board clear out but there has to be a viable alternative person or body to drive that.

As for a manager, where the club is now there has to be solidity, minimise the risk, don't go for untested, as McCall said of martindale, well done for the past few months but as a manager you need 4 plus years consistency to prove yourself.

I'm not a huge McCall fan but at present has turned around our fortunes and that's not a fluke given where we have been. I was for giving him his p45 but seem to have got that horribly wrong. Point is, it seems like experience is needed short to medium term. A McIntyre type, a pressly, (I expect to be slaughtered for that one), a petrie, someone proven over a long term that can identify the problems and bring in players who will be the solution with a long term strategy to, and this is obvious, make the team hard to beat with a fight like f**k spirit then introduce the flair. At the level you need players with balls of steel, snotters and spit, studs up win the fight then play the football. It's quite an easy game, don't let the other team score, when you get the ball keep it, when they get the ball fight like f**k to get it back. You need heart back in the club and it's the fans that can do that.

I’d love us to dig deep and f**k thistle you condescending weegie b*****d - it’s not over yet