The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Absolutely spot on! 👏 

I will third that. Do the Rawlins grasp what they’ve bought into???

Edited by Duncan Freemason

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Coming from a team that voted to play the season and then went begging for govt handouts by Christmas time or they would fold,

Did we aye? What was Falkirk's vote on starting the season and what percentage of the government grant did you take? 

Only after all your insufferable whining about the injustice of it all, of course.

not to mention giving a manager free reign to sign who he wants with no regard how they were going to pay them with no supporters at the game this season as well as manager doing it for free before resigning.

And yet at no point this season have we made as much of a total fucking arse of our recruitment as the 'Premier League' investors at Falkirk, whose team just got tactically destroyed by a Jim fucking McInally outfit last night.

Next stupid comparison please.

you could have at least used your compensation for McKinnon to pay for them

That'll be the compensation that Falkirk FC and its gormless, chump fanbase like yourself insisted that Morton would never receive, only for the arch fantasists of Scottish football to lose your case yet again.

Better luck next time. 

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

26 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I haven't contributed any money to the club now for a couple of years.  After 35 years of season tickets, 50/50, shares etc just didn't want to do it anymore. no one I know goes anymore either, they all have up years ago. I'd like to want to enjoy it again and had a think about what's gone wrong and how for me there could be a reconnect.

(1) get the academy going again - we need a core of players who have a connection with the club, energy, play our way and can generate future transfer fees. we've seen so much dross the last few years who clearly arent motivated to do well for the club

(2) we need to find some way of buying the stadium and land, even if it's over 50 years at an affordable level. if we own it there will be a better connection as well as the revenue generating opportunities (per st johnstone) and not having to lose potential player revenue on rent. councils are strapped for cash surely some long term payment could be agreed? I'd happily pay an FFC lottery ticket type thing if I knew every penny of profit was going to the ground being owned again

(3) the brand of football we play has been terrible for a few years now.  it's not entertaining at all. if we are going to be down here at least have a go! 

(4) while we are in the 3rd tier why isn't every available penny going into the playing budget? we dont need 2managers, both are being paid,  one of those salaries could be on a player. do we need holt and the academy coach? surely 1 would be enough to get it off the ground? by all means expand it when we get back to the championship. thats 2 decent wages right there.  I dont know what we are spending elsewhere but these look like places we could save and invest in the team.

(5) there is a significant disconnect between club and fans. south stand naming for one. there are others on here better qualified to comment. however even the Twitter feed during matches is very poor. how hard is it?

could go on but cant believe how far we've fallen. should be an enjoyable pastime but just hasn't been for way too long now 

Well said.

Supporting us has made me genuinely fucking miserable for years now. I'm not even joking. I've said it before but the cup final suicide in 2015 was such a hammer blow I've not allowed myself to get too emotionally involved since, but even so it's just been one long period of torture since 2016.

Even before fans were barred from attending I'd greatly reduced my spending and attendance at games. I simply didn't enjoy it. And I don't have the crutch of having a bunch of pals to get the banter with and a few pints before/after. It was A9/Shite game/A9. No thank you.

Hear they've been fired along with the goalkeeper coach for some reason. Any one confirm? My excitement has been tempered by the rumour that miller and gomis are taking charge. Honestly that would be just like us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I'm sitting here thinking, "I don't care who's job it is to fire them they need to go today" and then Shadders hits us with that news. Hopefully get an announcement soon. Really don't want Holt either as he has oversaw this complete shithousery. Hopefully Fergus knows what he's doing, could have him and Holt can stay in his DOF role. 

Edited by FFC 1876

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Did we aye? What was Falkirk's vote on starting the season and what percentage of the government grant did you take? 

Only after all your insufferable whining about the injustice of it all, of course.

And yet at no point this season have we made as much of a total fucking arse of our recruitment as the 'Premier League' investors at Falkirk, whose team just got tactically destroyed by a Jim fucking McInally outfit last night.

Next stupid comparison please.

That'll be the compensation that Falkirk FC and its gormless, chump fanbase like yourself insisted that Morton would never receive, only for the arch fantasists of Scottish football to lose your case yet again.

Better luck next time. 

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Never mentioned you wouldnt receive compensation but i do remember yourself and other Morton supporters seemingly thinking you would receive "millions"deluded or what.

No you didnt get your recruitment wrong what you did though is sign players without thinking where you were going to get the budget from and whilst yes you received 500k you did show how badly you done things given it was in the middle of a pandemic and no supporters were allowed to games and where you were going to get the money its almost sevco esque in fact. 

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hear they've been fired along with the goalkeeper coach for some reason. Any one confirm? My excitement has been tempered by the rumour that miller and gomis are taking charge. Honestly that would be just like us.

😂😂😂 we may as well just pack in if they are in charge. I mean I know we are shite at manager appointments but what would be the point when Holt is telling them what to do anyway? 

By that logic, surely you have to accept that there is at the very least a half-decent chance that Cove could beat either Arbroath or Montrose in a playoff?

I couldn’t agree more. I was more tongue in cheek referring to the post from Shadwell stating how you guys have beaten Arbroath 3 times in last 2 seasons.