The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The year leading up to the cup final was absolutely turgid and we only stayed up because Higdon backsided a goal up at Inverness. The cup final run papered over some serious cracks.

In addition to that, Houston's first season we finished 5th in Championship and it was largely grim watching as well. The cup run that year covered a largely poor league season (spare one or two highlights, eg. 3-2 away at Tynecastle).

2015-16 was the last time I genuinely looked forward to watching Falkirk week in, week out.  There was probably only 4 or 5 *really good footballers* in that team, but by god they were all full of fight and grafted for each other. They didn't know when they were beaten. We also played some decent stuff along the way. 2016-17 we finished 2nd again, but the standard was already on the decline. The rest, as they say...

Edited by 18BAIRN76

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We really need someone or a group of people who have the contact details of individual supporters clubs to mobilise the support and try and get as many of us to sing from the same hymn sheet in relation to season tickets.  Protesting outside the main stand 2 years ago done nothing, in fact if anything it hardened the MSG's stance against us. The only way to force change is through ST boycotts,no use moaning like f**k on social media then come May handing over £250 for your ST, you are basically giving them licence to continue as if nothing is wrong. We have to mobilise to get our club back fron the old b*****ds who are killing it.

Don't think a boycott will be required. There is a good chance the support will collapse as it did post Cunningham in the 1970's

Home support in the 7-8k in the halcyon days of the great man to 500 under Miller & Hagart.

People ain't going to buy season tickets them and will pick and chose the games. Compounded due to economics the many that can't afford to go to a game.

There is a danger of part time football at this club. 

I haven't contributed any money to the club now for a couple of years.  After 35 years of season tickets, 50/50, shares etc just didn't want to do it anymore. no one I know goes anymore either, they all have up years ago. I'd like to want to enjoy it again and had a think about what's gone wrong and how for me there could be a reconnect.

(1) get the academy going again - we need a core of players who have a connection with the club, energy, play our way and can generate future transfer fees. we've seen so much dross the last few years who clearly arent motivated to do well for the club

(2) we need to find some way of buying the stadium and land, even if it's over 50 years at an affordable level. if we own it there will be a better connection as well as the revenue generating opportunities (per st johnstone) and not having to lose potential player revenue on rent. councils are strapped for cash surely some long term payment could be agreed? I'd happily pay an FFC lottery ticket type thing if I knew every penny of profit was going to the ground being owned again

(3) the brand of football we play has been terrible for a few years now.  it's not entertaining at all. if we are going to be down here at least have a go! 

(4) while we are in the 3rd tier why isn't every available penny going into the playing budget? we dont need 2managers, both are being paid,  one of those salaries could be on a player. do we need holt and the academy coach? surely 1 would be enough to get it off the ground? by all means expand it when we get back to the championship. thats 2 decent wages right there.  I dont know what we are spending elsewhere but these look like places we could save and invest in the team.

(5) there is a significant disconnect between club and fans. south stand naming for one. there are others on here better qualified to comment. however even the Twitter feed during matches is very poor. how hard is it?

could go on but cant believe how far we've fallen. should be an enjoyable pastime but just hasn't been for way too long now 

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

In addition to that, Houston's first season we finished 5th in Championship and it was largely grim watching as well. The cup run that year covered a largely poor league season (spare one or two highlights, eg. 3-2 away at Tynecastle).

2015-16 was the last time I genuinely looked forward to watching Falkirk week in, week out.  There was probably only 4 or 5 *really good footballers* in that team, but by god they were all full of fight and grafted for each other. They didn't know when they were beaten. We also played some decent stuff along the way. 2016-17 we finished 2nd again, but the standard was already on the decline. The rest, as they say...

14-15 was poor at the start but things improved halfway through,  with a dip at the end (which actually helped our cup final preparation because it meant we didn’t qualify for a 4th place play off which would’ve probably been a waste of time in terms of actually trying to get promoted with all the big hitters in there).

22 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Had another listen to the after match interview, it’s clear he’s completely lost it. BOD get this guy and sidekick away now. Put them out our misery......

BOD are spineless cowards who are showing themselves up for the what they really are. A bunch of yes men not fit to run a bath. 

Ritchie, Alexander, Deans, McFarlane, Colborn, Wright and Koszary. Get them all to fu*k!

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We really need someone or a group of people who have the contact details of individual supporters clubs to mobilise the support and try and get as many of us to sing from the same hymn sheet in relation to season tickets.  Protesting outside the main stand 2 years ago done nothing, in fact if anything it hardened the MSG's stance against us. The only way to force change is through ST boycotts,no use moaning like f**k on social media then come May handing over £250 for your ST, you are basically giving them licence to continue as if nothing is wrong. We have to mobilise to get our club back fron the old b*****ds who are killing it.

Absolutely spot on! 👏 

Normally when folk become wildly detached from reality its vecause of fabulous wealth.

Not sure what it is about the current state of Falkirk FC that has these clowns so convinced they are right and simply have to stay the course, despite the big bad fans.

The delusion is just breathtaking. I mean, im genuinely having a hard time processing it through my head. Absolute fucking charlatans.

26 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Okay, that’s fine but many said that before Hartley and McKinnon. Just get the right man in!

First rule of our recruitment whether it be manager or player should be if they have Dundee, queen of the south or Morton as a past club then leave well alone.

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I haven't contributed any money to the club now for a couple of years.  After 35 years of season tickets, 50/50, shares etc just didn't want to do it anymore. no one I know goes anymore either, they all have up years ago. I'd like to want to enjoy it again and had a think about what's gone wrong and how for me there could be a reconnect.

(1) get the academy going again - we need a core of players who have a connection with the club, energy, play our way and can generate future transfer fees. we've seen so much dross the last few years who clearly arent motivated to do well for the club

(2) we need to find some way of buying the stadium and land, even if it's over 50 years at an affordable level. if we own it there will be a better connection as well as the revenue generating opportunities (per st johnstone) and not having to lose potential player revenue on rent. councils are strapped for cash surely some long term payment could be agreed? I'd happily pay an FFC lottery ticket type thing if I knew every penny of profit was going to the ground being owned again

(3) the brand of football we play has been terrible for a few years now.  it's not entertaining at all. if we are going to be down here at least have a go! 

(4) while we are in the 3rd tier why isn't every available penny going into the playing budget? we dont need 2managers, both are being paid,  one of those salaries could be on a player. do we need holt and the academy coach? surely 1 would be enough to get it off the ground? by all means expand it when we get back to the championship. thats 2 decent wages right there.  I dont know what we are spending elsewhere but these look like places we could save and invest in the team.

(5) there is a significant disconnect between club and fans. south stand naming for one. there are others on here better qualified to comment. however even the Twitter feed during matches is very poor. how hard is it?

could go on but cant believe how far we've fallen. should be an enjoyable pastime but just hasn't been for way too long now 

Great post and 100% correct. There will be many fans who have never felt further from the club than they do now. 

29 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

BOD are spineless cowards who are showing themselves up for the what they really are. A bunch of yes men not fit to run a bath. 

Ritchie, Alexander, Deans, McFarlane, Colborn, Wright and Koszary. Get them all to fu*k!

I was just looking for Ritchie and Superfan gone but I think you are correct, we need the lot of them to f**k away from the club. The yes men are actually worse than the 2 old b*****ds at the top of the shit pile.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

48 minutes ago, Aufc said:

See tbh number is how a lot of your fans come across

Are you on our BoD? You managed to f**k up the simplest of digs, so if you are not involved yet, get your CV in.....you have demonstrated all of the core skills needed.

Unless a miracle happens over the next 4 games then our club will continue its downward spiral. We need leadership and a group of people who can get things sorted on the pitch. There’s far to much happening off the pitch building for a future that will never happen without a successful team. Success on the park means all the other things have a tendency to take care of themselves.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was just looking for Ritchie and Superfan gone but I think you are correct, we need to lot of them to f**k away from the club. The yes men are actually worse than the 2 old b*****ds at the top of the shit pile.

but but but Kieran makes the club money with hot tubs and big lorries!

Bin the fucking lot. I feel just as angry as I did 2 years ago but genuinely thought if we could make changes then things would improve from then on. The fact it hasn't has just makes me feel dis-heartened now because there doesn't look like any way out of the mess. My anger towards them is just turning nastier the more I think about it.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

but but but Kieran makes the club money with hot tubs and big lorries!

Bin the fucking lot. I feel just as angry as I did 2 years ago but genuinely thought if we could make changes then things would improve from then on. The fact it hasn't has just makes me feel dis-heartened now because there doesn't look like any way out of the mess. My anger towards them is just turning nastier the more I think about it.

Hot tubs and big lorries, another stick that fans of every other club used to beat us with. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Falkirk way sounds very Celtic-y.

I'll bite, Celtic fans greet when they are sitting top and have won 9 trophies in 3 years.

We greet when we have been a downward spiral for 12 years and find ourselves struggling to compete due to gross mis-management with teams with a fraction of our resources

No comparison.