The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Arbroath are shit.  Having watched the Friday night games regularly I've seen with my own eyes how shit the championship actually is these days.  Standard is abysmal. No reason why cove who aren't very good either to be honest couldn't get promoted though given how poor the bottom of the championship is.  Sums up how abysmal we are that despite the shit level of opposition we still don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion even though we can comfortably beat Arbroath with our reserve team.

We also made a lot of changes for that game, it was a cup game that we could've been doing without, i would also point out that we dominated a fair part of it. I think we would be very confident we would beat any of the top 5 over two legs as we have been playing pretty well since January after having a dire start, thistle seem to be on a bit of a roll so they would be the ones i would be wary about. Dont think we will finish 9th anyway so you wont have to worry about how shit we are.

Why aren’t they gone yet? It’s inconceivable those 2 will still be in charge on Saturday!

They absolutely will be. Gary Deans is shiting himself and in hiding, Rawlings still in America and do we really expect these c***s that call themselves a Board of Directors to be able to do something right?

Superfan and Martin Ritchie are very much at the centre of the cancer that has spread through our club over the last 10 years. We will go nowhere until they are hounded out as well.

Guest Peter LaFleur
9 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

That's unfortunate. He's a manager I really rate but wasn't aware of his situation outside of football. 

Does he actually have a good job or is it just P&B chat that he does? He would be the top candidate for me as well.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I was all for Holt but he appears as complicit as these two clowns and if the players aren't listening to him the now they sure as hell won't bother just because the two stooges are bulleted.  Is there no someone out there doing feck all that could give us at least a small chance over the next few weeks. Or what about a quick call to Young at East Fife now his mob are out the picture.  A fresh face is needed not more of the same I fear.

Can't see them approaching a manager that's under contract due to the compensation that would have to be paid as well as the cost of getting rid of M&M.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can't see them approaching a manager that's under contract due to the compensation that would have to be paid as well as the cost of getting rid of M&M.

Not hundred percent sure on his current contract situation but it was publicised that he  signed a two year deal in 2019 so that would mean he is nearing the end of that and would cost peanuts if east Fife chose to stand in his way.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

29 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

We also made a lot of changes for that game, it was a cup game that we could've been doing without, i would also point out that we dominated a fair part of it. I think we would be very confident we would beat any of the top 5 over two legs as we have been playing pretty well since January after having a dire start, thistle seem to be on a bit of a roll so they would be the ones i would be wary about. Dont think we will finish 9th anyway so you wont have to worry about how shit we are.

You were pretty sure the season before too mind you. I wouldn't be so sure. You only have to look at Raith. A decent but nowt special side last season they've added a couple of players just and are now second top of the championship.

Also mate, I think we are now further away from the top flight than we have ever been in our history for a large number of reasons :-
1. Terrible management on the field.
2. Terrible management off the field.
3. Really low standard across first team playing squad.
4. Lack of effort from players.
5. Appalling transfer market activity.
6. Shocking use of loan system.
7. No youth development in place.
8. Massive, massive disconnect between club and fans.
9. Arrogance from board that we’ll naturally get away from this level - just cos we are Falkirk.
10. No strategic 1, 5 or 10 year plan for the club.
There will be lots more but it’s 6am and I’m tired.

See tbh number is how a lot of your fans come across

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

I mean, you’re clearly at it. Clubs roughly “belong” somewhere mainly because of their budget. The bigger the budget, the higher up you belong. That’s why Celtic and Rangers finish top 2 every year. Why hearts, Aberdeen and hibs are usually in the top 6. When they aren’t, it’s down to their own failings. We are a basket case that deserves to be where we are due to over a decade of appalling everything. Does that mean we *should* be down here? No. Because our budget is bigger because we are a decent sized club. 

I would be inclined to split “the decade” line now. 2008-2014 culminated in a Scottish Cup final and a relatively exciting period of two years. Even off the pitch, was anything as bad as has been over the the last nearly 4 years? I know MR and SA are still lingering it appears but things have gone off a cliff since, well, Falkirk 0-3 Queen of the South under Houston.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, BooBairn said:

I can’t think of a single thing that I like about the club just now. I hate the board. I hate Miller and McCracken. I hate the players. I hate Falkirk TV. I hate the awful fan pictures in the South Stand. I hate the astro. 

This list is not exhaustive. 

I really hate the AstroTurf too. It's shite. And contributes to the shite performances we see at home. 

I really want the next manager to have absolutely zero connection to the club.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I really hate the AstroTurf too. It's shite. And contributes to the shite performances we see at home. 

Okay, that’s fine but many said that before Hartley and McKinnon. Just get the right man in!

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The more I think about Darren Young the more I want him in. The zero connection is a big plus for me!

We really need someone or a group of people who have the contact details of individual supporters clubs to mobilise the support and try and get as many of us to sing from the same hymn sheet in relation to season tickets.  Protesting outside the main stand 2 years ago done nothing, in fact if anything it hardened the MSG's stance against us. The only way to force change is through ST boycotts,no use moaning like f**k on social media then come May handing over £250 for your ST, you are basically giving them licence to continue as if nothing is wrong. We have to mobilise to get our club back fron the old b*****ds who are killing it.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Also mate, I think we are now further away from the top flight than we have ever been in our history for a large number of reasons :-

1. Terrible management on the field.

2. Terrible management off the field.

3. Really low standard across first team playing squad.

4. Lack of effort from players.

5. Appalling transfer market activity.

6. Shocking use of loan system.

7. No youth development in place.

8. Massive, massive disconnect between club and fans.

9. Arrogance from board that we’ll naturally get away from this level - just cos we are Falkirk.

10. No strategic 1, 5 or 10 year plan for the club.

There will be lots more but it’s 6am and I’m tired.

Ironically No. 7 was self inflicted and done to ensure No.3 wouldn't happen........we were told.

"Project Premiership" anyone?   

7 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I would be inclined to split “the decade” line now. 2008-2014 culminated in a Scottish Cup final and a relatively exciting period of two years. Even off the pitch, was anything as bad as has been over the the last nearly 4 years? I know MR and SA are still lingering it appears but things have gone off a cliff since, well, Falkirk 0-3 Queen of the South under Houston.

The year leading up to the cup final was absolutely turgid and we only stayed up because Higdon backsided a goal up at Inverness. The cup final run papered over some serious cracks.

9 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

But ..but......but... "M & M have Falkirk blood and gave us our identity back!" 🤣