The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm really not at it. I just don't agree that clubs "belong" somewhere based on their size. You belong where your football team takes you, but your last line seems to agree with that so I'll leave it there. 

You're splitting hairs on a single word.

We "belong" wherever the league table places us based on results. 

We are grossly underperforming relative to resources.

It is pretty obvious what the original post you quoted meant.

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Wow a whole 2 more times than the game against Cove? You beat us 6-2 in a friendly this year but it’s safe to say we are miles ahead of you now....

Pre season is a bit different from a couple of weeks ago mind you. Noone is arguing that we aren't shite.  The question is whether cove and Partick could both go up and going by how crap Arbroath are there's every chance either of them could beat Morton or Ayr and get promoted.  

You couldn't make this up.😄😄

Fans of other clubs:Falkirk are shit. Falkirk fans:Yes I know we are shit.

Fans of other clubs:No Falkirk are shit.  Falkirk fans:Yes I know we are shit.

Fans of other clubs:You're not listening Falkirk are shit.  Falkirk fans:Yes I know we are shit. 

If people are picking an argument then at least do it with folk that disagree with you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If run properly we should be somewhere between bottom half top flight top half championship. I don't think that's beyond rational expectations given our fan base and facilities. We are underachieving simple as that.

We should be at the same level as St Johnstone - Kilmarnock - Motherwell. Similar size of catchment area and a fan base about the same if not better.

Think that is a fair comparison of where we stand in the grand scheme of things if the club was properly run.

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I mean, you’re clearly at it. Clubs roughly “belong” somewhere mainly because of their budget. The bigger the budget, the higher up you belong. That’s why Celtic and Rangers finish top 2 every year. Why hearts, Aberdeen and hibs are usually in the top 6. When they aren’t, it’s down to their own failings. We are a basket case that deserves to be where we are due to over a decade of appalling everything. Does that mean we *should* be down here? No. Because our budget is bigger because we are a decent sized club. 

Not every one is at the wind up on here I'm genuinely trying to have a discussion. For example, I don't believe Queens Park now belong in the Championship or Premiership because they've got £X million in the bank. I probably am taking umbrage over the word belong tbh, it's a bit of a strange word to use for me and certainly gives off an entitled vibe, which is what I was picking up on. I'll leave it there as folk are for some reason getting upset and throwing insults around. 

22 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

For next season Petrie would be my shout from the obvious candidates. Had Montrose exceeding expectations every season he's been there. 

He will be happy enough with P/T football with his job outside the game, cmon Stewarty leave your well paid safe job for a year at Falkirk. We haven't had a manager complete a full season since 2016 and hopefully that record continues today.

I'd take the Krankies(keeping joint managers going) Jean, Billy Buchanan, wee Rab or anyone who is not M&M.

We have simply lost the plot, players wont know where to look with four managers, any outside chance we have is getting a new solo manager with Holt told to keep out.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pre season is a bit different from a couple of weeks ago mind you. Noone is arguing that we aren't shite.  The question is whether cove and Partick could both go up and going by how crap Arbroath are there's every chance either of them could beat Morton or Ayr and get promoted.  

I was arguing against the fact you think Arbroath are shit, when judging by their performances in the league above this season, your opinion is pretty wrong. Oh I know Falkirk are shit. It’s just nice to keep repeating it. 

We pumped them even easier last season and they were better then than they are now.  Brora was a one off game. We've played Arbroath three times over the past two seasons and they've been crap every time and that's saying something considering how God damn awful we are.

Wee teams upping their game against the big sides happens all the time in football.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

People are kidding themselves if they think there is a big difference between the bottom half of the championship and top half of league 1. The standard is horrid across the board. That's why Raith have turned into a top half Championship team so easily. They were never really far off it anyway. It makes even harder to take that we are in the position we are now. Any semi-competent management would have us sitting comfortably in the top half of the championship within a year or 2.

6 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I was arguing against the fact you think Arbroath are shit, when judging by their performances in the league above this season, your opinion is pretty wrong. Oh I know Falkirk are shit. It’s just nice to keep repeating it. 

Arbroath are shit.  Having watched the Friday night games regularly I've seen with my own eyes how shit the championship actually is these days.  Standard is abysmal. No reason why cove who aren't very good either to be honest couldn't get promoted though given how poor the bottom of the championship is.  Sums up how abysmal we are that despite the shit level of opposition we still don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion even though we can comfortably beat Arbroath with our reserve team.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Wee teams upping their game against the big sides happens all the time in football.

By that logic, surely you have to accept that there is at the very least a half-decent chance that Cove could beat either Arbroath or Montrose in a playoff?

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not every one is at the wind up on here I'm genuinely trying to have a discussion. For example, I don't believe Queens Park now belong in the Championship or Premiership because they've got £X million in the bank. I probably am taking umbrage over the word belong tbh, it's a bit of a strange word to use for me and certainly gives off an entitled vibe, which is what I was picking up on. I'll leave it there as folk are for some reason getting upset and throwing insults around. 

I wasn’t aiming to insult. I just know you are an intelligent poster so wasn’t sure how you couldn’t see the direct correlation between budget and ability of the playing squad which is *usually* a result of “club size” (eg gate receipts, merchandise, sponsorship etc) - on rare occasions it isn’t eg Queens park.

Anyone who’s read this thread at all would struggle to find a poster arguing we don’t deserve the laughter coming our way. You also wouldn’t find anyone saying we didn’t deserve the defeats we’ve taken v the likes of peterhead. They were miles better than us and deserved victory

Think fans of other clubs struggle to realise we all know we deserve to be here 

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I wasn’t aiming to insult. I just know you are an intelligent poster so wasn’t sure how you couldn’t see the direct correlation between budget and ability of the playing squad which is *usually* a result of “club size” (eg gate receipts, merchandise, sponsorship etc) - on rare occasions it isn’t eg Queens park.

Anyone who’s read this thread at all would struggle to find a poster arguing we don’t deserve the laughter coming our way. You also wouldn’t find anyone saying we didn’t deserve the defeats we’ve taken v the likes of peterhead. They were miles better than us and deserved victory

Think fans of other clubs struggle to realise we all know we deserve to be here 

Even queen's park have yet to show that they will be sustainable as a bigger club.  More money is fine but the club has to grow with it.  Worst thing that ever happened to gretna was them ending up in the top flight. The club had progressed but the fan base had stayed exactly the same.  Eventually the losses became so big every year  the owner couldn't cover them and they went out the game. 

40 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He will be happy enough with P/T football with his job outside the game, cmon Stewarty leave your well paid safe job for a year at Falkirk.

That's unfortunate. He's a manager I really rate but wasn't aware of his situation outside of football.