The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The Italian boy, Gary Locke and Lee McCulloch were far worse than Clarke. Not to mention dyer who was completely out his depth like our pair.

Gonny stop replying to the fourth rate, previously banned, attempted troll?

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Aye that's fair. He was decent enough. Was the same with Dods when he came, loads of folk thought he was past it but he was solid enough.

McCracken's last minute winner v Hibs at TFS was #scenes. Dods was great too for a couple of seasons. More drive and commitment in that pair at the arse end of their playing careers than the last 3 seasons' worth of jobbers put together.

9 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Rawlings are not daft they know how it works in business . I also get it they have sussed that the board they have been dealing with are just puppets. To get a return on their investment it’s now clear they want to leverage a decent whack from agency fees-The good news for all of us is they NEED us to be in the premier league for that to work so they will do what’s needed to make it work.

Or alternatively, they'll write off your rabble of a club as an investment choice gone wrong and cut their losses accordingly. That's business after all.

Quite why anyone in Scottish football thinks that is a good thing to have an investment model completely detached from the reality of their club's situation is remarkable. 

Edited by vikingTON

44 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No surprise that the more m and m signings that start games the worse we get. 7 last night which is the most in the league for a while. Just shows you the amount of dross they've collected in just over a year.

Add to dross like Durnan getting re-signed from McKinnon's tenure it's not hard to see why we are struggling badly. Our big "quality" squad doesn't look as big or quality now. Allied to the fact we probably won't see Deveney, Hall, Dixon, Dowds and maybe even Connolly kick a ball again this season.  I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

28 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

McCracken's last minute winner v Hibs at TFS was #scenes. Dods was great too for a couple of seasons. More drive and commitment in that pair at the arse end of their playing careers than the last 3 seasons' worth of jobbers put together.

The equaliser at Easter Road in the 2-2 was amazing too which he scored (or did he get the first one back?).

I think we can handle blip spells in form, I think we can also handle blip seasons if it looks like things look like improving (after Lambie/Bannon we had Totten who got us to a decent standard, after Tottens season we had McCall and so on).

This isn’t a blip, it’s pure rot. And as someone said earlier it will probably be another overhaul in the summer with jobbers coming in. The good thing about following us was that we had mixed fortunes but at least we were usually better than the Airdries, Raiths, Ayrs, QOTSs and Morton’s and seemed to have more about us as a club generally. The only thing below us now is part-timers (with some part-timers performing better than us). It’s desperate .

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Or alternatively, they'll write off your rabble of a club as an investment choice gone wrong and cut their losses accordingly. That's business after all.

Quite why anyone in Scottish football thinks that is a good thing to have an investment model completely detached from the reality of their club's situation is remarkable. 

Coming from a team that voted to play the season and then went begging for govt handouts by Christmas time or they would fold, not to mention giving a manager free reign to sign who he wants with no regard how they were going to pay them with no supporters at the game this season as well as manager doing it for free before resigning.

you could have at least used your compensation for McKinnon to pay for them

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

The equaliser at Easter Road in the 2-2 was amazing too which he scored (or did he get the first one back?).

I think we can handle blip spells in form, I think we can also handle blip seasons if it looks like things look like improving (after Lambie/Bannon we had Totten who got us to a decent standard, after Tottens season we had McCall and so on).

This isn’t a blip, it’s pure rot. And as someone said earlier it will probably be another overhaul in the summer with jobbers coming coming in. The good thing about following us was that we had mixed fortunes but at least we were usually better than the Airdries, Raiths, Ayrs, QOTSs and Morton’s and seemed to have more about us as a club generally. The only thing below us now is part-timers (with some part-timers performing better than us). It’s desperate .

It'll be absolutely hilarious next season if we bottle the league to Alloa, but more likely McKinnon will have his band of journeymen ex players rubbing our nose in it.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

One of the worst managers we’ve had in the last 20 years absolutely schooled Falkirk best manager in the play offs a few years ago.

Probably our worst season since Totten left and that was probably Falkirks best season this century - smashed by Lee Clark’s Kilmarnock in the end.

Having better players isn't a managerial schooling.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

It'll be absolutely hilarious next season if we bottle the league to Alloa, but more likely McKinnon will have his band of journeymen ex players rubbing our nose in it.

Not to mention either Morton or Ayr as it wouldn't surprise me to see cove  and Partick both go up considering how shit Arbroath are.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

McHugh got the equaliser in injury time 😍

He got the first one I seem to remember. Christ forgotten what it's like to actually enjoy football like back then. I mean Houstie absolutely schooled that diddy Scouser for two seasons.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

There's no way Cove will go up this year. They will not make it through the playoffs.

You not think? Looks like they'd play either Morton or Ayr assuming they get past the L1 teams, and beating those two seem more than feasible.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

I'll admit that I will probably be one of the last to want M&M sacked, always thought that they/we had more than enough to see out the current season as champions. Especially considering that it was only games ago we had a 5 point cushion over anyone else in the league. Was more than right to send them on their way at the end of the season though, regardless of how harsh some may see it.

The last two games, when we have needed to perform the most, we have been utterly appalling. The only fight that we have shown in those last 2 games is volleying Peterhead about for the last 20 minutes. The move to 352 against Cove was utterly baffling as it immediately nullified Morrison who has been one of our biggest threats all season and left Kai Fotheringham on the other side who I doubt has ever played wingback before. Then the aimless hoofball that followed last night was almost somehow worse, Peterhead were absolutely good value for their win last night.

I don't think I was even as dejected with Hartley's team of gimps as I am with this team at the moment. At least everyone knew Hartley's team was shite before going into games.

We've got players in our squad that can absolutely win games. We've got players in our squad that are absolutely capable of playing nice stuff. We've got enough of these players in our squad that given the chances we've had throughout the season to run away with it we absolutely should have but we've been completely stifled by this "high energy, high tempo" game that plays right into the hands of a lot of the teams we play against. I don't think I've seen a nice passage of play from this team for months. Perhaps even as far back as the pre-season game against Raith.

Once teams figured out our very simple plan of rolling it out to fullbacks for them to either drill it low or shell it long to two inept target men then have them pass it off to wingers we were rooked.

Before we begin the inevitable recruitment once again we need to identify a style of play and recruit for that rather than recruiting players based on their availability.

Appreciate the Holt has distanced himself from a full-time management role but he needs to be in come Saturday, M&M cannot be there.

Guest Peter LaFleur

Every season I tell myself “It can’t get any worse next season.” However, to my amazement it actually does. We are in absolute free fall as a club. Every decision outside gaining Rawlins investment on board at the club has been a mistake. This rookie manager experiment when we were crying out for a safer bet to get us out of this league is costing us dearly. We must be the worst run football club in the country and are rightly a fucking laughing stock within the leagues.

The M&M situation is beyond parody now. Name dropping a young scout as an excuse after taking yet another battering is unforgivable from Miller. Miller doing keepy uppys with Brussel sprouts, the postcode lottery winner esque meme after each win... countless amateur bullshit from our co-managers. I’ll be truly lost for words if they aren’t emptied today. I have no faith in Holt as a manager either so realistically we are now looking at a 3rd season in League 1.

Where the f**k do we go from here? Is there anyone in the club that cares enough to take action? The next appointment is, yet again, absolutely critical. No more experiments or getting guys off the car lot. A guy like Petrie or of similar ilk has to be approached.