The Falkirk FC Thread

Yeah i'm not getting the hate on this Corr fellow. Who cares if he worked in the club shop, how does that mean he's not a good football scout or an analyst? Not letting him go down in the M&M sinking tactics ship. Ross Wilson worked his way up through our club to become one of the most successful sporting directors in the UK. It's not about where you start it's about who you are and where you finish. 

5 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

It’s easy to be frustrated and place blame at Gary Holt and this character “Corrzo”... but you certainly  can’t blame them for the turgid football we’ve seen over the past year, the horrendous set up away at Raith last year, signing Todd, Hall, Dowds, Francis etc. That lies solely with Miller and McCracken. 

Oh absolutely.  They were a terrible appointment. Someone else I can't remember said it perfectly - appointing co-managers is always a  shitbag move.  Fitting as unfortunately we're a shitbag club and have been for 10 years plus.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah i'm not getting the hate on this Corr fellow. Who cares if he worked in the club shop, how does that mean he's not a good football scout or an analyst? Not letting him go down in the M&M sinking tactics ship. Ross Wilson worked his way up through our club to become one of the most successful sporting directors in the UK. It's not about where you start it's about who you are and where you finish. 

I'd say our fucking shambles of a first team are y know.. evidence he isn't an ace analyst. 

4 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Oh absolutely.  They were a terrible appointment. Someone else I can't remember said it perfectly - appointing co-managers is always a  shitbag move.  Fitting as unfortunately we're a shitbag club and have been for 10 years plus.

There’s so many chiefs  led by a committee of the msg and their pals , who on agreement with our investors in America  instruct the board and their crew who pass on the advice to the three managerial staff and the new head of development who set it out for or 20 full time players who ask corzo what the shape is until we take the field against Hartley and his faither in laws team of part timers who go over their team talk in the boozer after training on a Thursday night and then hump us ! Meanwhile the boy from Camelon watches on from the sidelines wondering why he didnae  just stay wi the juniors.  Seems as if there’s something far wrong so maybe could do worse than ask Alex Totten for his input just to simplify things 

Edited by Stainrod
Forgot about totten

Final throw of the dice tonight, let’s see if Sunday’s get together which we’ve been told was really good..........with Connolly ( who’s been great around the place and dressing room)  but missing most of the season from the football pitch for reasons unknown.........will see off Peterhead.............bewildering to think we could still win this league.......................[emoji848]

The last throw of the last throw.

The league is gone

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I didn’t think of it like that but actually, that’s a good point.

Disgusting really.

Yeah tomorrow's headline after Peterhead defeat.

Falkirk  have parted company with corrzo. Lee miller, David McCracken and Gary holt stated it's time to get back to basics .

Guest Ecosse83
5 hours ago, Stainrod said:

There’s so many chiefs  led by a committee of the msg and their pals , who on agreement with our investors in America  instruct the board and their crew who pass on the advice to the three managerial staff and the new head of development who set it out for or 20 full time players who ask corzo what the shape is until we take the field against Hartley and his faither in laws team of part timers who go over their team talk in the boozer after training on a Thursday night and then hump us ! Meanwhile the boy from Camelon watches on from the sidelines wondering why he didnae  just stay wi the juniors.  Seems as if there’s something far wrong so maybe could do worse than ask Alex Totten for his input just to simplify things 

I’ve never understood how he hasn’t been more involved on the football side of things.  He must be watching the whole situation and wondering why he’s still even there!!

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He's a former coach with the Foundation who was doing coaching elsewhere and then returned to work in the shop initially. I think he always saw that a starting point for getting more involved in the professional game. 

He's been watching the opposition and doing video analysis alongside his "day job"  for a while now; I think it was BPM who first mentioned it a year or so back. When Gary Holt arrived he began working fulltime in the football side, hence why you would have seen the club advertising for a retail person not that long ago. 

The role itself isn't unusual. Alan Maybury picked up various people from his contacts with Stirling Uni who did the same job, usually students who were studying for Sports degrees at the Uni.  They were considered part of the club, travelled on the team bus, came with us on preseason trips and could often be seen haring down the tunnel at halftime to show the manager what they'd picked up in the first half. Or fulltime for that matter. Graeme McArthur was the last person who did some of this but he left when we got relegated to League One. 

Different folk have been doing this kind of role for a while, under different managers, but they've usually worked in the background so most fans would have been unaware of them. So I was a bit surprised to see Liam named in the interview. 

Edited to add - I don't see anything wrong with someone feeding information into the coaching staff, which I presume is all he's doing just now. It's up to those who've played the game professionally to decide what they do with that info. Corrzo will certainly have various qualifications but he's never played at the level that Holt, McCracken or Miller have. 

BSLM - “Alright Corrzo, was really impressed with the way you sold the customised name and number with that away strip - what you doing on Saturday ?”

Corrzo - “Well, due to Covid the club shops shut so should be free”

BSLM - “Excellent, we need you in the dugout to help us mastermind a defeat of Forfar”

Corrzo - “Nae bother BSLM, I’ll even bring my iPad”

5B59DD34-5D84-4F95-A63B-F9585586D7FB.gif

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

That’s why no interview was released on Sunday and whatever has been agreed with M&M and then the staged theatrical interview ( which was simply appalling) this guy for no reason has been booted black and blue without one hearsay of what his role actually constitutes.

Yep debunks the theory of how nice a guy Miller is. Apparently screwed over Houston and now another guy to try and save his own skin. Get him out the club!

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Some random being chucked under the bus, is the real story here.

You're actually spot on, anger having subsided. It's not this no mark's fault he's being asked for tactical input from PT Barnum's finest and named by P45 bound Miller. 

Still hopefully the new boss has a full clearout of everyone whether they have a nickname or not.

27 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’ve never understood how he hasn’t been more involved on the football side of things.  He must be watching the whole situation and wondering why he’s still even there!!

With his recent history of ill health I would expect he wants feck all to do with this shambles.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Another thing that annoys me about that interview is the talk of “hard work” and “it’s the key to everything we do”.  Of course it’s important but surely the players switch off hearing this all the time.

There are times to express yourselves, time to take the sting out of games, time to fight. 

I’d say decision-making should be the central theme, though I suppose actual footballing ability helps with this.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven