The Falkirk FC Thread

Think it’s pretty clear that they still be in charge against Peterhead. BoD usual meeting on Mondays I think, so no change until tomorrow. I doubt if anything  is going to change while we sit in top spot.

The Falkirk way will be to react to a bad situation, which tends to be far too late either because the new guy is no more competent than the last one, or is given the gig when it’s unlikely that they can turn it around quickly enough. 
Losing top spot then reacting is what best fits with our recent track record.

The only hope would be that our players aren’t the duds we believe them to be, and need nothing more than a football brain in charge to get them playing as they should, and win 5 games back to back.

It’s already feeling like we are tipping into the “it’s too fucking late” trap.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Think it’s pretty clear that they still be in charge against Peterhead. BoD usual meeting on Mondays I think, so no change until tomorrow. I doubt if anything  is going to change while we sit in top spot.

The Falkirk way will be to react to a bad situation, which tends to be far too late either because the new guy is no more competent than the last one, or is given the gig when it’s unlikely that they can turn it around quickly enough. 
Losing top spot then reacting is what best fits with our recent track record.

The only hope would be that our players aren’t the duds we believe them to be, and need nothing more than a football brain in charge to get them playing as they should, and win 5 games back to back.

It’s already feeling like we are tipping into the “it’s too fucking late” trap.

There's no justification at all for allowing them to take the team V Peterhead. We may scrape a win which may keep us top of the league but there is no way that we're going to blow them away then proceed to do the same to the rest after the split.

It's more likely that we'll be off top spot tomorrow evening and the BOD would then have to act (surely?) by letting Holt and Fergus take the team. Why wait? Do it now and get rid.

Guest Peter LaFleur

Baffling we’ve neither had a statement from the club or the post match interviews up yet. Are they just pretending Saturday never happened?

5 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Baffling we’ve neither had a statement from the club or the post match interviews up yet. Are they just pretending Saturday never happened?

Of course they are. Did anyone really expect anything different? The bunker mentality is very much alive and well. Close our eyes, stick our fingers in our ears and wait for these nasty, horrible, ignorant, ungrateful fans to stop saying bad things about this. The "Falkirk Way". Has been for years and years.

What was the marketing spiel for last summer's season ticket campaign - Follow Your Leaders, or some such vacuous bunk. Truly laughable. I doubt there's another manager in world football less qualified or suited to leadership of a football club than these two. No doubt one of the pair will crawl out from under the stone some time over the next 24 hours with their "Great Set of Lads, Flying in Training, Loads of Positives, We Go Again" drivel. No one is listening, other than the truly, truly deluded. We are now firmly in "Delaying the Inevitable" territory. When not if.

Made it a minute into Miller’s interview before turning off in a fit of rage. What a fucking liar. Saturday we didn’t “fail to meet our standards”. We don’t have any standards. The performance was maybe 2% worse than v Clyde, not “night and day”. I’m not sure if they genuinely believe we have played well at times this season or if they know we’ve been awful throughout, and are just hanging on in hope of a miracle. My head is gone.

Made it to the end. Come away even more horrified than I was before the interview. There’s actually 4 of them changing formation every game and thinking that’s a good idea. Against fucking cove rangers and peterhead. We are the most stupid club in the whole fucking pyramid. Run by idiots with idiot managers and an idiot DOF

Edited by bairn88

A few worrying points here:

1) Why change formations to suit other teams? Houston’s main success came with sticking to same same formation no matter the team.

2) Why did the players not work hard enough for the managers? Have they downed tools? 

3) We’ve had meetings before and it’s clearly no worked so why will it work this time? 

Guest Ecosse83

Got the impression there that they are fully aware of the fan outrage which is good. 

I’m sick fed up with those idiots talking about shape and different shapes for different teams. Just play to OUR strengths, they are overthinking this management game big style!

Right, how do we get a full-time club promoted out of a part-time league? I know let's change the formation every week to try and exploit weaknesses in the other teams. Doomed to failure starting with that attitude. 

Edited by cbhaf

These idiots trying to play different formations every week like they’re managing Barcelona. You’re managing players in the third tier of Scottish football. Pick a formation, work on it with the players till they all know what is required of them and then stick with that formation