The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Can't see them getting punted. More likely to be one of those 'no one's hurting as much the players', clear the air meetings. Cue a Monday morning social media release about how up for it they all are.

Aye well they can f**k off. BBC updates on games for me until they are gone. Can't stand watching them anymore. 

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Ye know, all things considered, I’m pretty happy with my lot.

I have an attractive, loving wife who as well as being almost half my age, she is almost half my weight. 😀

I own a nice little apartment on the edge of the city, away from the hustle and bustle.

I don't earn a fortune but the job allows me to stay out here in the tropics where the cost of living is so cheap anyway. I get out for dinner and a few beers a couple of times a week, I can still save enough to let me get home to Scotland once or twice a year (pre Covid-19) so that I can see the family and the Bairns (although not necessarily in that order). I’m not the most materialistic of people so, all in all, life is good.

Yet, somehow, there is something missing.

Is it really too much to expect that the Bairns can become an established, Scottish Premier League side? (after we somehow, eventually get out of this hellhole of league 1). I’m not talking about challenging for the title or Europe or anything fanciful like that, simply scrabbling away for 7th, 8th or 9th, with the occasional foray into the top 6, would be fine by me. If the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone can manage it year after year, why can’t we?

And winning the Scottish Cup once in my lifetime before I kick the bucket would be a nice bonus.

Please, BOD / the Rawlins, ditch the 2 Muppets and appoint a new manager or management team asap to make this happen so that this old fart can die a deliriously, happy man!

In the words of Jean Luc Picard, “Make it so”.

My last post was shite and deservedly given the thumbs down, I’ll try and do better in response to this. 

Six clubs demand more than this level of success (you know what clubs and Dundee United I’d say).

There are probably 13 clubs who expect/aspire to this level of consistency. The three you mentioned and in no order, Falkirk, St Mirren, Dunfermline, Partick Thistle, ICT, Ross County (with a financial wind behind them), Livi (with a dubious financial windfall behind them), Hamilton (who probably don’t see top 6 forays as a target but they’re in the mix so they’re included), Dundee and, at a push, Raith Rovers (yep, their 90s successes would mean they pine for something like this). 

That’s a lot of clubs for quite an exclusive position to be in. 

I would suggest, with the league structure as it is and all the clubs mentioned and who knows, another freak Gretna (Queens Park????) , and with all the trauma of the last decade, that our ambition should be this....

DON’T GET RELEGATED FROM THE SPL!

Unless, you want to string a 15 game unbeaten run together here and there then the second tier is not such a bad place.

I think we all feel the same about the Scottish Cup.

Can the lads who stand at the corner of the stadium on matchday go on a scouting mission? Surely the players are either in and training (meaning M&M still here) or they’re not training with no m&m in sight (in which case they’re 99.9% to be gone). Shouldn’t be difficult 

Can the lads who stand at the corner of the stadium on matchday go on a scouting mission? Surely the players are either in and training (meaning M&M still here) or they’re not training with no m&m in sight (in which case they’re 99.9% to be gone). Shouldn’t be difficult 

Even if M&M got binned would the players not still be in though - perhaps with holt or fergus?

2 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Even if M&M got binned would the players not still be in though - perhaps with holt or fergus?

Aye but you’d hope anyone there would be able to tell Fergus and holt from Miller and Mcracken 😀