The Falkirk FC Thread

From bits and pieces I’ve known about the club/training etc, i think it’s pretty rare for our players to come in the day after a game. There’s been some shocking results in the past years and even then they usually get the following day off. Not sure it’s a sign of a management change or not though tbh 

Edited by bairn88

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Holt will probably fail to get us over the line but if there is a glimmer of a chance then the change has to be made today.

I’m not convinced with Holt either but at worst he will carry on the same form as M&M.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Holt will probably fail to get us over the line but if there is a glimmer of a chance then the change has to be made today.

Whilst I agree with you, when you think about it say we are in the playoff’s. Semi final V Cove for arguments sake, let’s bare in mind most of their team is made of of League 2 players at best according to their fan on here not that long ago. Surely, any decent manger could organise us to beat that mob over two legs then your into a final against Ayr (as it stands) who look awful or Airdrie, who we panic against. 

Pretty sure it's clear that Martindale was pulling the strings at Livi while Holt was the front man. If you ever looked at signing announcements on their website when Holt was in charge, you'd often see the players reference that Martindale had convinced them to sign, or even comments from Martindale himself. I agree with others Holt is not the long-term option. I'm not totally convinced by him. But he has to be a better short-term option than the two currently in charge.

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Exactly it will give them 5 games until the play offs to get some sort of system for the players.

Id hate to think what’s happening on the training pitch with them 2 taking training, no wonder some of our players look useless!

If nothing else a change to Holt would give us a psychological boost for the split as our record against the teams in the top 5 has been poor under m&m.

I think as Hartley or McCall youd fear going up against Holt more than M&M from a past record, tactical, experience, motivational, organisational, team selection point of view. 

As people I have nothing against M&M both great players for our club, to me they should never have been appointed and I dont agree with having joint managers either.

We are still top by some bizarre reason and we do still have it in our own hands to go up, but not if things stay as they are.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Thing is to empty them now whilst we are still technically joint top to anyone outside our fan base is madness the trouble is we need to drop off the top spot for the board to take any sort of  action against them, which then merits them being canned.   trouble is most of us realise its a case of when we fall off he top not IF its not sevco/OF esque to demand we win every game but team selection and the same players going missing during games  or consistently underperforming and consistently getting picked.

Who gives a f**k what anyone else thinks? We need to do what's best for us.

Our chances of winning the league under those two are 0. Our chances of winning the league under Holt might not be massively better but they're still >0. It's a no-brainer to roll the dice. 

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

If nothing else a change to Holt would give us a psychological boost for the split as our record against the teams in the top 5 has been poor under m&m.

I think as Hartley or McCall youd fear going up against Holt more than M&M from a past record, tactical, experience, motivational, organisational, team selection point of view. 

As people I have nothing against M&M both great players for our club, to me they should never have been appointed and I dont agree with having joint managers either.

We are still top by some bizarre reason and we do still have it in our own hands to go up, but not if things stay as they are.

Exactly this. Why would anyone do anything other than go right for the jugular against this Falkirk side.

I appreciate you’ve been M&M’s biggest advocate on here and have been loyal to them, and tbh, it’s all about opinions and you are entitled to yours however even you must agree their position is untenable now mate ?
Holt in for rest of season, we won’t go up anyway, and then get Rawlins involved and ensure we get the next management appointment spot on.

I appear to have developed that reputation GB, more to do with wanting to give the experiment every chance to succeed recognising that they were learning on the job. I do agree that we were too quick to formally appoint but at the same time we did appear to be heading in the right direction when we moved 6 points clear.
However I did say that if we started to drop off the top then that would be it and we need to change.
It’s a shame because I think the one thing this club needs is stability and less knee jerk responses. However I think this is one time we cannot avoid changing especially when there is a ready made manager available who isn’t coming in from scratch at a critical time....

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Exactly this. Why would anyone do anything other than go right for the jugular against this Falkirk side.

agreed. imagine Hartley after yesterday, he wont fear us at all. we have no teeth or plan a never mind plan b. they will go straight at us. megginson pretty much scored more than all our strikers together.

Mcall too we know well set up cagey and not to lose,  he'll go straight at us with Graham rudden tiffoney and cardle. well be 2 down within 30 minutes with no answer.

we do have goals in us via morrison Keena Alston etc but need to be set up right.