The Falkirk FC Thread

Thing is to empty them now whilst we are still technically joint top to anyone outside our fan base is madness the trouble is we need to drop off the top spot for the board to take any sort of  action against them, which then merits them being canned.   trouble is most of us realise its a case of when we fall off he top not IF its not sevco/OF esque to demand we win every game but team selection and the same players going missing during games  or consistently underperforming and consistently getting picked.

I get your point but I don’t think you need to drop off top spot. It’s easy for everyone to see that we’re underperforming and our form is dreadful. I don’t think fans of other clubs would be shocked if M&M were sent packing

45 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I thought my post was pretty clear.
If you want M and M gone and don’t want Holt to stand on on Tuesday, what’s the short term plan?

Again, not a prerequisite to want rid and have no plan. There is no other option but Holt at the moment. I’d rather that than the two of them continue, but in utopia it would not be down to that Hobson’s choice. Unfortunately we’re about as far from utopia as can be. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

That would be me, Holt oversaw yesterday's game and was even seen to be giving his 'wisdom' to Mcracken 15 minutes into the game. If he couldn't see after 15 minutes that formation needed changed then he's not the man to take the job next. I get you need a caretaker. Have a care taker for the Peterhead game and have somebody in quickly for the first split game. 

I missed that during the stream. Was our DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL really giving touchline instructions to our manager? Get rid of all 3. That’s not on

Just now, bairn88 said:

I missed that during the stream. Was our DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL really giving touchline instructions to our manager? Get rid of all 3. That’s not on

He was, sitting in the front row the full game on standby for whenever dumb and dumber needed their dad.

Given the chaos yesterday,and his role, I’d be more disappointed if he didn’t try to intervene...

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Fergus the fox and Holt would be a major upgrade on these two.

Based on what evidence?

I mean, M&M are poor but as has been said above, we need a manager with a wee bit of experience and success. (Darren Young or Stewart Petrie for example, but that’s for the end of season).

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Given the chaos yesterday,and his role, I’d be more disappointed if he didn’t try to intervene...

I’m not sure you understand what the Sporting Director role is supposed to look like. It’s not that.

Holt’s intervention should be advising the Board that the two managers in place are not qualified and should be removed immediately. He then should start work on trying to replace them. That’s his job. Which, by the way, I don’t think he’s any more qualified for than the current managers are for theirs.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

It wasn’t you although the same point applies.
I’m not a fan of Holt either but there’s no one else who can step in a short notice really.
As Bairnardo points out, even if he was offering advice it’s with the managers to decide whether to take it so it’s really not clear that Holt could be implicated in yesterday’s chaos....

Oh come on, do you think dumb and dumber have the back bone to go against anything Holt says? 

I’m not sure you understand what the Sporting Director role is supposed to look like. It’s not that.
Holt’s intervention should be advising the Board that the two managers in place are not qualified and should be removed immediately. He then should start work on trying to replace them. That’s his job. Which, by the way, I don’t think he’s any more qualified for than the current managers are for theirs.

What’s that got to do with what we are discussing?
In general terms he is their line manager and also probably in place to mentor them so I point out again that I’d be disappointed if he didn’t issue some advice yesterday. Nor do I see that as an issue...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What’s that got to do with what we are discussing?
In general terms he is their line manager and also probably in place to mentor them so I point out again that I’d be disappointed if he didn’t issue some advice yesterday. Nor do I see that as an issue...

I think the main point is the fact they have to have a mentor/babysitter outlines their credentials as managers. The director of football can obviously give over his opinion to the managers but i've never in my life seen a director of football coach a manager through a game from the sidelines like he was clearly doing yesterday.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I thought my post was pretty clear.
If you want M and M gone and don’t want Holt to stand on on Tuesday, what’s the short term plan?

I appreciate you’ve been M&M’s biggest advocate on here and have been loyal to them, and tbh, it’s all about opinions and you are entitled to yours however even you must agree their position is untenable now mate ?

Holt in for rest of season, we won’t go up anyway, and then get Rawlins involved and ensure we get the next management appointment spot on.