The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This requires a lot of assumption though, to arrive at the conclusion that Holt, if he were manager, wouldn't have changed things. 

Our formation only changed to the 4-5-1 or the '4-3-3' after Holt came in, with Lee Miller quoted saying that him, Mcracken and Holt had worked on a few things during the shut down of the league which they implemented when the players came back. If you don't think Holt's had his say since he's came in you need your head checked.

That would be me, Holt oversaw yesterday's game and was even seen to be giving his 'wisdom' to Mcracken 15 minutes into the game. If he couldn't see after 15 minutes that formation needed changed then he's not the man to take the job next. I get you need a caretaker. Have a care taker for the Peterhead game and have somebody in quickly for the first split game. 

It wasn’t you although the same point applies.
I’m not a fan of Holt either but there’s no one else who can step in a short notice really.
As Bairnardo points out, even if he was offering advice it’s with the managers to decide whether to take it so it’s really not clear that Holt could be implicated in yesterday’s chaos....

Thing is to empty them now whilst we are still technically joint top to anyone outside our fan base is madness the trouble is we need to drop off the top spot for the board to take any sort of  action against them, which then merits them being canned.   trouble is most of us realise its a case of when we fall off he top not IF its not sevco/OF esque to demand we win every game but team selection and the same players going missing during games  or consistently underperforming and consistently getting picked.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Our formation only changed to the 4-5-1 or the '4-3-3' after Holt came in, with Lee Miller quoted saying that him, Mcracken and Holt had worked on a few things during the shut down of the league which they implemented when the players came back. If you don't think Holt's had his say since he's came in you need your head checked.

No I think he will have done, and I did say it concerns me that he is part of this, but despite this on balance I think the influence of Miller and McCracken should be removed from the mix, replaced with Holt who can hopefully bring focus and a gameplan and get us over the line, and then be replaced and return to his upstairs role. I dont think its realistic that we would get much in the way of applications etc if we emptied M&M now, and I would like Holts first dig at a mangerial appointment to be in the summer, with a clear idea of that the job is ie are we in League 1 or Championship. 

I'm not doing AYE BUT WHO WOULD YE GET!!! because I am calling for M&M's head here, I just dont think its realistic to think we can or would do better than Holt as a very short term replacement, if we were to try and tie down a long term one now, witha handful of games to go and next season being a total mystery as to what league we will be in

Guest Ecosse83

I woke up this morning hoping to read that they have departed but deeP down I know that’s not happening just yet. 

The thought of watching McCracken’s gormless face in an interview pisses me off immensely. The thought of watching Miller say how well they have trained pisses me off even more.

I’m Just about done, the club will be 4 season tickets lighter next season!

Just now, roman_bairn said:

It wasn’t you although the same point applies.
I’m not a fan of Holt either but there’s no one else who can step in a short notice really.
As Bairnardo points out, even if he was offering advice it’s with the managers to decide whether to take it so it’s really not clear that Holt could be implicated in yesterday’s chaos....

If there were fans in at that game yesterday folk would have been screaming at them for it to be changed. I don't doubt for a minute that if Holt had told them to change it to four at the back dumb and dumber would have changed it straight away therefore I'm quite confident in my assumption that he said f**k all. Even if they didn't fancy Gary Miller at left back they have Deveney that they brought in on loan and kept all season to just warm the bench. If the rumours are true as well that Connolly's played his last game then we're relying on a 17 year old and Robbie Leitch as our two left midfield options or left wing back if they play that god awful formation again. 

The obvious plan of action Roman Bairn is crying out for is Holt to take the team until the end of the season. There is no guarantee this will bring success but I’d strongly wager he’d do a better job than the car salesman and social media influencer. We aren’t going up with them as it stands, at least try an alternative. It stinks of Celtics opportunity to sack Lennon back in November / December but they let the shitshow carry on until it was too late.

Correct. Although I’m not crying out for it as I’m not his greatest fan either.
However, unless you are willing to drag someone else in at short notice as caretaker, who probably knows very little about our players, there is no real alternative.
Also if you do bring in someone else short term what does that say about your confidence in your appointed DOF?
A bit surprised this appears to have caused so much comment...

I don't want Holt long term but I do want M&M gone and with the short time of the season left reluctantly feel Holt is the only option. Hopefully the players get the wee bounce a new gaffer can give to get us over the line and then focus on getting the right manager in for next season.

A terrifying prospect for me is M&M somehow shitfesting us into the championship (wild imagination required) and our inept board reward them with new contracts 😫

What do you propose? Stick with the muppets and prepare for League 1 next season?

Seriously?
You actually understood what I was saying then revoked that here!
They need to go.
We need to put Holt in charge until the end of the season, despite our concerns, as on balance it’s probably our best hope, then look for a suitable manager at the end of the season.
Holt can then go upstairs again....

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

I’m not convinced that GD and the board haven’t been weighing up the horrid and critical situation were in. 

I’d be astonished if they’ve not discussed sacking or demoting both managers.

My fear is the fact they have stuck with it this long will mean they think they have to see it through. They should have been gone after the Airdrie howler, plain and simple. I want them gone today they don't deserve to finish the season. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't want Holt long term but I do want M&M gone and with the short time of the season left reluctantly feel Holt is the only option. Hopefully the players get the wee bounce a new gaffer can give to get us over the line and then focus on getting the right manager in for next season.

A terrifying prospect for me is M&M somehow shitfesting us into the championship (wild imagination required) and our inept board reward them with new contracts 😫

Once again, I feel I have add Gary Holt qualifies as a football manager. You can argue how good a football manager he is. Currently we do not have a football manager putting out the team and tactics, we have two ex players in a demonstrably failing experiment. We gave them a chance to find out if they are managers, complete with many advantages over their competitors. They are not. 

I’m not convinced that GD and the board haven’t been weighing up the horrid and critical situation were in. 

They are probably waiting for the weekly Zoom call with the Rawlins rather than calling an emergency board meeting today....

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Appoint bad managers, you get bad players. We keep doing it. What is the constant in that decision making process?

Exactly. Dumb and Dumber were absolutely mental appointments and some of us could see from day one they lacked the basic credentials to be managers. They are comfortably the worst managers we’ve had in my 38 years, and arguably the worst in our Clubs history...and that takes some fu*king doing.

But what happens when these two clowns are eventually shown the door? Does anyone have any confidence that it’ll all fall into place and we’ll suddenly get it right? The one constant in all of this is the key decision makers. The puppet masters. Two arrogant, self-important old bast*rds who have stunk the place out for far too long. I’ve never known a bigger divide between lifelong fans and the Club than what we’re seeing now. Until that changes and we can all start pulling in the same direction again, we are simply going nowhere.

Some of us have boycotted home games and refused to spend any money whatsoever since our relegation in May 2019. I don’t need patronised by anyone as to how hard this would be for them, because if someone who has been everywhere with Falkirk, watching them week in, week out for 30 odd years can do it, so can they. Doing nothing will change nothing! It needs significant numbers of likeminded fans for this to work, but it will work. I wish I knew the best way to spread the word amongst the wider fanbase. Perhaps it starts with supporters clubs canvassing their members? Or The Falkirk Supporters Society canvassing on social media? An open letter from an organised fans group? I honestly don’t know. But the ONLY way Ritchie and Alexander will take any notice is if we do this together, as a collective. It’s short term pain for long term gain. The fans are the lifeblood of any Club. It belongs to us, and we can force change. It worked for Kilmarnock when they got rid of Michael Johnston. It worked for Blackpool when they got rid of the Oystons. Withhold your money, refuse to buy season tickets and let’s oust the poison that is ripping the heart and soul from our Club once and for all.

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Totally agree but we hit a new low yet again. Millers interview was so far detached from the truth and abysmal.

Was more concerned  in shaking hands with the Gypsy. 

Aye that's his schoolboy attitude. They've been well and truely backed and they got us to the top of the league due to the rest of the teams in our league mainly Partick being gash. Our performances all season have been honking and their lack of being able to change a game has ruined us. Playing a 10 man Partick at the Falkirk stadium for 30 minutes without throwing a punch, getting beat off Airdrie twice with the second game putting Francis Right wing back, playing a 3-5-2 yesterday against a Cove team who started with 2 upfront then persisting with that insanity.

Considering 2013/14 was Holt's first management gig he didn't do that badly. Brought in some decent players we scored more goals than Dundee who ended up winning the league and played some decent football. Yes it was probably our best chance of promotion and mistakes were made but Jesus Christ it was light years better than the shit show we are getting just now. We certainly weren't overly negative.  Some fans seem to think that since then despite more experience at Norwich and a successful period at livi( whoever had the most influence) he's suddenly become a manager that would put out that complete mess yesterday. I just don't see it. I don't want him long-term but we need him to take over till may asap.

17 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If any of them had a set of bollocks they’d have sacked dumb and dumber last night. A shower of inept puppets is all they are.  We don’t have time for them to sit around on zoom calls weighing up our situation or discussing what to do next. It needs action immediately.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Considering 2013/14 was Holt's first management gig he didn't do that badly. Brought in some decent players we scored more goals than Dundee who ended up winning the league and played some decent football. Yes it was probably our best chance of promotion and mistakes were made but Jesus Christ it was light years better than the shit show we are getting just now. We certainly weren't overly negative.  Some fans seem to think that since then despite more experience at Norwich and a successful period at livi( whoever had the most influence) he's suddenly become a manager that would put out that complete mess yesterday. I just don't see it. I don't want him long-term but we need him to take over till may asap.

I wonder how much input Martkndale actually had. I mean they got a pretty bloody big manager bounce when he first took over from Holt so surely the input wasn’t as much as is made out! 

I think we can all agree long term Holt probably isn’t the answer but jesus he is a million times better choice for the rest of the season than those 2 inept clueless clowns we have just now. 

Edited by Ecosse83