The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
54 minutes ago, Russ said:

Btw there is absolutely no downside of getting rid of they gormless idiots and giving it to Holt to the end of the season, and the end of the season only. Under dumb and dumber we are not going up not even maybe. Now not saying Holt will be any better but he certainly can’t and won’t be any worse. The move absolutely has to be to bin them now give Holt the task to try and limp over the finish line before appointing an actual football manager in the summer regardless what division we’re in.

That is the only option which should be acceptable. However we just know that their going nowhere and as a team neither are we. It’s equal parts embarrassing, shameful and rage inducing the level we have sunk to and with no real plan or obvious vision or how we’re getting out of this mess.

Exactly how I see it. For any chance of promotion a change has to be made. Holt might not do it, but M&M definitely won’t.

Guest Peter LaFleur

‘I don’t want to see any team suffer financially. But I would like to see them suffer (on the park) because Falkirk are giving them a hiding.’ 

How has that worked out Gary? Embarrassing statement at the time, even more laughable looking back in our current situation. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Btw there is absolutely no downside of getting rid of they gormless idiots and giving it to Holt to the end of the season, and the end of the season only. Under dumb and dumber we are not going up not even maybe. Now not saying Holt will be any better but he certainly can’t and won’t be any worse. The move absolutely has to be to bin them now give Holt the task to try and limp over the finish line before appointing an actual football manager in the summer regardless what division we’re in.

That is the only option which should be acceptable. However we just know that their going nowhere and as a team neither are we. It’s equal parts embarrassing, shameful and rage inducing the level we have sunk to and with no real plan or obvious vision or how we’re getting out of this mess.

Spot on 

Thing is, who is actually going to make the decision? It certainly won’t be the Chairman as he probably doesn’t have the authority to make the call. I suppose it’s down to SA, MR and the Rawlins. SA and MR are about as hands off as you can get (other than keeping control), and the Rawlins aren’t in the country, and probably weren’t expecting the management structure to fold like a pack of cards....to be honest, the management of the club are the only ones who didn’t see this coming.

All of that said, it points to no change whatsoever until the inevitable collapse between now and the end of the season. The brutal stewardship of the club to continue for a good while yet. Same people making the decisions = same decisions being made. Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

‘I don’t want to see any team suffer financially. But I would like to see them suffer (on the park) because Falkirk are giving them a hiding.’ 
How has that worked out Gary? Embarrassing statement at the time, even more laughable looking back in our current situation. 

Here is another part of the football messiah’s rant from a year ago.

“I know there have been rumours of fans boycotting certain clubs and I thought maybe I’ll boycott the odd club that has said the odd thing — and I’ll not name them.

‘But then I thought: “Would I rather turn up and see them get humiliated?”. Yes, I would. If I am sitting in the stand and we are winning 5-0 then that’s going to give me a better feeling than sitting in the house and nursing my grievances.”

No Falkirk fan who knows anything about football actually believes that we would ever thrash anyone in this league with our current set up.

Thing is, who is actually going to make the decision? It certainly won’t be the Chairman as he probably doesn’t have the authority to make the call. I suppose it’s down to SA, MR and the Rawlins. SA and MR are about as hands off as you can get (other than keeping control), and the Rawlins aren’t in the country, and probably weren’t expecting the management structure to fold like a pack of cards....to be honest, the management of the club are the only ones who didn’t see this coming.
All of that said, it points to no change whatsoever until the inevitable collapse between now and the end of the season. The brutal stewardship of the club to continue for a good while yet. Same people making the decisions = same decisions being made. Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

You really have to wonder what they are thinking - really thinking - not their public “oh the board are great oh the players are great, oh the managers are great, oh Gary holt is great, oh I make the kids drink smoothies they hate every day blah blah blah”.

If they actually believe what they have said in public - Jesus Christ throw the keys away now.

Jesus H. Christ, what the actual f**k happened to a Falkirk team that was neck and neck with the Rovers last year. Raith’s only significant improvements were three English lower league (5th and 6th tier) signings and a quality keeper, there is simply no way any functional management team at Falkirk should have been able to fail to perform significantly better this season, despite the whole shutdown fiasco. If you slide into the playoffs, there’s a pretty solid chance of not beating the ninth place team, and then another year in League One with likely Cove and an Alloa team that plays miles better than their record. I just find it insane that a team with the support and history of Falkirk is flailing around here like a gutted fish.

It’s very clear speaking with fellow supporters last night, that there’s a considerable of us that’s simply had it with the current management. I also include many would view as happy clappers and those that just pay up with STs each year. Also noted the uptake of 50/50 tickets falling each week, must be inherent in our club........... 

Well done Sherlock.

Appoint bad managers, you get bad players. We keep doing it. What is the constant in that decision making process?

8 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m sacking it after this season. I’m just going to follow Scotland instead, at least there is more healing time in between matches.

Things are REALLY bad when your back up plan is Scotland....

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

So we have a game on Tuesday, the general consensus is M and M have to go and a number are calling for Holt to go immediately too.

What is your immediate solution to maximise our chances of going up this season?

I hate to see all the usual calling for heads, passing blame, spouting the usual told you so (so easy), but not willing to propose a plan of action.

What’s yours then?

It’s not a prerequisite that to criticise the management team, or to want them out, that you MUST have an alternative plan to present. 

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It’s not a prerequisite that to criticise the management team, or to want them out, that you MUST have an alternative plan to present. 

Absolutely. The same poster was also parroting that crap the last time we were trying to hound a manager out.

In any case, this time there’s another option already employed by the club. Not the option most would like but given where we are, it’s a no brainer to roll the dice.

What we’ve seen the last few weeks isn’t going to be turned around when it matters. No chance. Even last week when we looked marginally better against a struggling Clyde team, we were hanging on for dear life at the end because of the managers’ inability to react to what they’re seeing on the pitch.

Yesterday was incredible viewing really. As someone said, Cove’s stream gave a good view of the dugout and it was telling. I didn’t hear them shout, encourage, instruct, get annoyed or do anything for the whole game. Arms folded or hands in pockets for the entire game. Absolute silence on the park from the team as well.

A team of total losers who are staring another failure squarely in the face and without the faintest idea of how to avoid it.

Sad.

I was responding to a poster who stated they wanted them out but did not want Holt anywhere near team matters....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I was responding to a poster who stated they wanted them out but did not want Holt anywhere near team matters....

That would be me, Holt oversaw yesterday's game and was even seen to be giving his 'wisdom' to Mcracken 15 minutes into the game. If he couldn't see after 15 minutes that formation needed changed then he's not the man to take the job next. I get you need a caretaker. Have a care taker for the Peterhead game and have somebody in quickly for the first split game. 

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That would be me, Holt oversaw yesterday's game and was even seen to be giving his 'wisdom' to Mcracken 15 minutes into the game. If he couldn't see after 15 minutes that formation needed changed then he's not the man to take the job next. I get you need a caretaker. Have a care taker for the Peterhead game and have somebody in quickly for the first split game. 

This requires a lot of assumption though, to arrive at the conclusion that Holt, if he were manager, wouldn't have changed things. 

I have no liking for people telling you they were right all along either.

However  -  did strongly voice my concern about appointing 2 rookie managers with no track record or experience of running a team at what was an extremely important period in our history - relegated to Div 3 and needing to get out of it as soon as possible.   

I also said that well they have appointed the 2 of them so we have to get behind them and hope for the best.

It's went better than I thought it would but even if we stumble over the line these 2 are not a long term or even mid term option. The football is woeful ad the tactics non existent.  

The single most important appointment at any club is the manager/head coach. Our BOD is truly staggeringly awful at this.  

Guest Peter LaFleur

The obvious plan of action Roman Bairn is crying out for is Holt to take the team until the end of the season. There is no guarantee this will bring success but I’d strongly wager he’d do a better job than the car salesman and social media influencer. We aren’t going up with them as it stands, at least try an alternative. It stinks of Celtics opportunity to sack Lennon back in November / December but they let the shitshow carry on until it was too late.